Impreza mechanicals, Legacy body

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2008, 11:55 PM
Guichot
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza mechanicals, Legacy body

Hello!

I've recently moved from a Litchfield T25 to a Legacy turbo estate, and wondered if anypone out there had any comments/experience/hints on the Legacy - it's a pretty nice car, and about as quick as my old standard STi
Old 08 February 2008, 02:05 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Here goes.

I like you went from a Impreza to a GT Spec B (View My Scoob). So far hugely impressed. Performance is much better than my modded WRX Wagon, interior and fittings are a better quality too. Ride is great around town and on the broken stuff too. Performance wise I would say it's deceptively quick, the twin scroll just goes on and on and on. Fuel consumption is pretty good if you play the "ECO" light challenge and 30 is achievable. Everything fits in better and the gandson loves it.

The only downside is the stereo, so I have just bought this

Name:  ImageFromDBLegacyAdaptor.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  8.5 KB

from Japanparts.

It comes with the AC controls, Double DIN face plate, twin ended Antennae (Male and Female), grounding cable and a set of mounting brackets and screws.

The complete kit is in a box and is marked with a Subaru Part Number - H6217AG910.

I think the Dual Zone AC Unit is H6217AG911, this is printed as an additional number on the Installation Guide. It's in Japanese but I hope to get it translated before I get the installation done.

Each item is also numbered.

AC Control Unit is made by Kenwood Y37-1320-03 - FH204SOP .

Brackets - AG RH
AG LH

Antennae Adaptor - LEGACY - 4D - 1001 -

I am getting a Kenwood DNX 7200 fitted soon, funds and finacial adviser permitting (wife). I'll post up as soon as it's in with a guide and review.

I will have the Jap Radio (6 CD) and a UK Legacy radio spare soon. Some of Iain cars come with the McIntosh units so there is no problem.

But so far very impressed.

Ian

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 08 February 2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08 February 2008, 02:22 PM
Guichot
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Ian

My car came with a double-DIN slot (actually had a Japanese radio, DVD and TV fitted!!), in which I've put my ECU Data Manitor from the Type 25, and my usual 'mask' Kenwood radio - all pretty good.

From what I can se from your picture, my unit is the one you have bought, and it all worksd fine.

Yes, the car is really pratical and pretty quick (although NOTHING is quck after the Litchfield, whch was unreliable but FAST!), and the interior quality is so much beter than three the Imprezas I had.

Hapy motoring!

Chris