Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spawn of Satan (Cem's right about psychos)

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2001, 12:36 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Some kids did this a couple of years ago off of the M3 bridge not a million miles from my house using a large concrete slab

To say that this is dangerous is an understatement.....If you find out who did it and its kids make sure you go and speak to the parents and explain what they have done..if they are older use your imagination

Old 02 January 2001, 12:45 AM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Angry

Makes me mad.
Hope your g/f's ear is ok, and that you get the car fixed ok.

Have the police had any other reports of simillar incidents? Maybe they should put some signs up, and show a presence in the area.
Old 02 January 2001, 10:48 AM
Aero
Scooby Regular

Angry

Festive greetings folks.

This happened on the Suturday before christmas eve @ 20:30, on the way to dinner with my girlfriend's parents.

There are two particularly rough estates in basingstoke. Popley and Oakridge. (sorry to/for the decent people that live there.)

There is a foot bridge that leads between the two, connecting two cess pools of thousands of human scum.
The foot bridge crosses the Basingstoke ring road, a fairly busy dual carridge way, especially for commuters and commerce.
Some scum sucking spawn of satan deigned it reasonable to amuse their pithy glue addled mind by dropping a lump of wood into the path of my scoob.
The windscreen shattered on the passenger side My g/f was in the car also(praise the lord for laminate), though the pop of the windscreen damaged her ear. (If the missile had gone through and injured her, I'd be in custody for torturing the scum by now.)

Police man came to my house (nice bloke, into cars), had a cup of tea and then left ('not a lot else they can do'). Then a letter from victim support arrived. Thanks for the concern, but I'd have prefered it not to have happened in the first place.

I was considering posting a reward for info leading to a conviction, and also writing a letter to the perpetrator(s) telling them what I think and sticking it to the bridge.

Any suggested courses of action, or phrases which could cause psychological damage for inclusion in the letter appreciated.

Old 02 January 2001, 11:15 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Talking

Aero,

Sorry to hear about this one. It amazes me that people do this and everytime I go under a bridge with kids standing on it, I wonder whether something is going to drop on me. Wasn't there a taxi driver killed a few years ago when someone dropped a lump of concrete onto his car?

As for possible actions, where do you start? Reward is a good idea, but I reckon be careful with the letter if they know your car as it might end up getting torched.

All in all I hope you get some sort of a result.

blubs
Old 02 January 2001, 11:56 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Wink

Winston Churchill had the right idea, mass sterilisation!

I had a windscreen shatter on me and the wife, not a nice experience at all. Don't know if it was an accident, it was dark. Not much recourse to be honest, and like blubs said, you have to be careful they don't twig what you are up to 'cause scum like that will trash your car with no qualms.

Geezer
Old 02 January 2001, 01:48 PM
Aero
Scooby Regular

Angry

As Ronnie said, that block dropped from the M3 was not far away (1 J down). When I asked if they has anyone in mind, the police man said 'could be any one of thousands...' but whoever it was was well practiced, and accurate.

I think the only way they'd be able to identify the car would be by sound, it certainly didn't seem to be a specific attack, and I doubt they'll remember as vivdly as I do.

Doc says g/f has inner ear damage due to the loud noise, and will be OK in a couple of weeks. SO she should be back to working order soon.

(Churchill might seem drachonian there, but he does have a point...)

[This message has been edited by Aero (edited 02 January 2001).]