How bad is BAD?

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2000, 07:43 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi all,

Without going into too much detail, some **** just broadsided me due to driving too fast on icy roads.
T-Junction, I'm stationary waiting to turn right, **** coming down the main road, too fast, wants to turn left into my road. No grip when breaking and turning at the same time....BANG

Anyway, drivers door is mashed, some scrapes on the rear door but all fixable.

Well maybe?

Also damaged is the sill underneath the drivers door. Buckled in by an inch or so. Is this major damage or is it easily sorted?

The car wont be the same after this, but the main thing was that wife and kids were unhurt.

Ironically.....we live opposite this junction and all morning I've been sniggering at all the cars that have tried to negotiate this junction. That'll teach me!!!

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT DONNINGTON!!!!
Old 30 December 2000, 08:29 PM
S
Scooby Regular

Red face

Sorry to hear of your incident, hope its sorted soon.

Like yourself I live next to a T-junction in my estate and have seen numerous incidents occuring at a frightning rate including 3 in 5 minutes. It amazes me that people don't undestand the conditions they are driving in. Still if they try and turn left and skid they will be straight into one of 2 stone gate posts, might make them think next time.

hope its sorted soon

S
Old 01 January 2001, 12:50 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Thanks "S"

Any ideas on this questions guys. Since no one is open, I haven't been able to get an 'official' comment yet and its been doing my head in, thinking "thats all folks" for my scoob. Cant even report it to the insurance co. either, priviledge has been closed since Saturday.
Old 02 January 2001, 10:19 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I had a bit of an "accident" in a car park at Chelmsford (reversing round and down a slope, back wheel slipped off edge, pushed sill about 2-3 inches up). Got it fixed (plus bonnet repainted, 22b spoiler fitted/painted, all driverside doors de-dented, painted, and then the whole car lacquered for about £900
Old 02 January 2001, 01:49 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Thanks Tony,

yes it seems that its not 'serious'[relief] but serious enough to miss the re-scheduled Donnington event