Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2008, 04:27 PM
maci
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eu ban on "polluting" cars

Figured I share my low oppinion about articles like this:
BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | EU 'should ban inefficient cars'

Now what really pisses me off the way of introducing this kind of bans, and the REAL hidden reason behind it: they just want to tax us more, casue surely when in the whole world's CO2 emmision, car's contribute about 6%, well how much of that 6% is actually europe is doing ? 2% ?

You might have not realised it yet, but EU already introduced very recently(past 1 month or so) a co2 pollution tax for newly bought cars, and also has banned the import of some "highly" polluting cars. In each EU state is slightly different, but here in Holland it is like this: an STI costs 7k euro more than it was before, because of the tax, and the importing of the WRX has been completely banned. The new my08 Impreza wrx is not and will not be imported, and I was told that this is valid throughout whole EU, the only my08's which got in, were on a 2007 licence plate. STI is allowed, as because of the extra tax the car becomes much more expensive, and they don't expect many sells.

I mean surely too much CO2 is not good, but this will not affect it, we will just pay more, or drive smarts
Old 04 February 2008, 05:04 PM
fraser87uk
Scooby Regular

it will never happen. not even a hope in hell. There wil be a huge loss to Japanese, European and others, in exports. U think europe does 2%? Lmao!

Its actually closer to 0.3%. So we take the shaft, as usual, because we have the best standard of living.... Yeah right. The highest standard of living is those countries or states that do not have tax on person income.

No matter what the EU does, or anyone for that matter, it will make no difference as China will undo it all. So unless you get them onside your fighting a loosing battle.

The funny thing is that the governments wth the use of broadcast and widespread media have managed to make the general public believe that WE being humans are causing the world to 'heat up' unnaturally. This is friggin hilarious as the world has been getting warmer and cooler fo millions of years. May be we have added slightly to it but so insignificantly that it makes very little difference. It is the natural world that produces the most Co2 by far. Algae in the ocean account for 86% or thereabouts for atmospheric Co2 content.

There is far to much invested interest in 'going green' from Governments and private companies, and until people turn round and say "Hold the **** on!" we will just keep getting taken for a ride.
Old 04 February 2008, 08:33 PM
ski
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah agree,to much green propaganda around trying to brain wash people.The greens got to much influence somehow which is not a good sign,just hope everyone else sees them for a bunch of frauds.
They are just wrecking economy's with their horse S*#t
Old 05 February 2008, 04:50 PM
maci
Scooby Regular

Yes, exactly. However they are doing it, right in front of our eyes. They manipulate the ppl and think we are all stupid and belive them.
If it happens I will just move out from the EU.
Old 05 February 2008, 07:31 PM
STillin front
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by fraser87uk
it will never happen. not even a hope in hell. There wil be a huge loss to Japanese, European and others, in exports. U think europe does 2%? Lmao!

Its actually closer to 0.3%. So we take the shaft, as usual, because we have the best standard of living.... Yeah right. The highest standard of living is those countries or states that do not have tax on person income.

No matter what the EU does, or anyone for that matter, it will make no difference as China will undo it all. So unless you get them onside your fighting a loosing battle.

The funny thing is that the governments wth the use of broadcast and widespread media have managed to make the general public believe that WE being humans are causing the world to 'heat up' unnaturally. This is friggin hilarious as the world has been getting warmer and cooler fo millions of years. May be we have added slightly to it but so insignificantly that it makes very little difference. It is the natural world that produces the most Co2 by far. Algae in the ocean account for 86% or thereabouts for atmospheric Co2 content.

There is far to much invested interest in 'going green' from Governments and private companies, and until people turn round and say "Hold the **** on!" we will just keep getting taken for a ride.
totally agree - I tell people this, and get treated as some kind of social outcast!

people believe this green agenda, its b*ll*x! seen some green peace looney on the TV the other night - and shes some kind of euro MP - dont recall voting for her! how the heck do these people get to these positions?