Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY97 Electric folding mirrors- Fuse / Relay location in english?

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2008, 07:06 AM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY97 Electric folding mirrors- Fuse / Relay location in english?

Ello,

For some reason my electric folding mirrors decided to pack up yesterday, they were working fine yesterday morning as I use them everytime I park up due to having to park my car in an allocated space, but when I jumped in the car to leave work yesterday afternoon they weren't working at all, so I couldn't unfold them.

The electric stillworks to move the mirror glass which is obviously on the same switch, but I just seem to have no life in the switch that unfolds them.

So my question is, - Could somebody tell me where the fuse or relay is for the folding mirrors as my fuse box cover is all written in japanese. I did actually pull all of the fuses which were written on the cover in japanese, and obvious ones like SRS, and IG I left, but they were all fine. I also checked the fuse box in the engine bay but from what I could work out they all seem o.k as well, but like the fuse box inside the car some of it is in japanese.

Also, if it is the realy which has packed up, how do I check it to make sure it is that which has died?

Thanks in advance,
Az.
Old 30 January 2008, 08:00 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Similar thing happened to my my97 wrx but it turned out it shouldnt even hav folding mirrors on that year, only sti's apparently and it was previous owners dodgy wiring, took me 3 weeks to find out tho
fuse no.4 for the mirrors next to drivers leg if this has gone *** lighter wnt wrk either as its same fuse.
Old 30 January 2008, 08:09 AM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply mate.

Just thinking though, if the previous owner on your car fitted the folding mirrors did they 'tap' into fuse number 4? or is that fuse actually for the mirrors from the factory?

I'm assuming the folding part to the mirrors and the movement of the glass run off 2 seperate fuses? as said above my glass is still moving under switch operation but not the folding isn't working.
Old 30 January 2008, 08:20 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

fuse 4 is defo mirrors, maybe your switch has broken or as you said it could be the relay. when mine broke the glass still moved as you say but they just wouldnt fold. I searched high and low for an in line fuse but couldnt find one. it seems to be a grey area on here as well no 1 seems to know much about em. try doin a search on the subject.
Old 30 January 2008, 10:12 AM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Yeah see what your saying.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the mirrors have been wired into the alarm to fold on arming, but I have to use the switch inside the car to unfold them, but the odd thing is if I pull the mirrors out by hand then arm the alarm they still fold, and this feature has its own in-line fuse on the alarm wiring which I have blown by accident before, when that blows I loos central locking and the hazard lights don't flash with the arm and disarm, but that is all working fine, so I can't see it having anything to do with that.

I'm thinking it is the relay, but its just tracking it down. Maybe its somewhere along the wiring under the center consol?

Can anyone else help?
Old 30 January 2008, 10:52 AM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I replied on your other post before I saw this:
https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-o...-location.html

Pretty much what the others have said about the rogue wiring.
Old 30 January 2008, 11:27 AM
Az Sti Type R
Scooby Regular

Oh cheers mate, I'll check it out, should of posted the thread in there in the first place.