Sponsored by:

I've smashed scooby's face in

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2000, 03:54 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Ahhhhhhhhh! What a christmas present for myself.

Not paying attention on the motorway, I ran into the back of some poor fellow - everyone's ok, and his pug survived a lot better than scooby.

It's a new WRX - can anyone recommend where I take it? The body parts aren't particularly standard (being a WRX) - the bonnet is buckled, the bumper and spoiler broken and the radiator is dented - I'm popping out to look under the bonnet as soon as I've got some alcohol down me.

Looks like I'll have to claim, which is going to make my renewal (due in 1 month) a nightmare.
Old 24 December 2000, 04:37 PM
CJEN
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry about your car . I know what it is like having had similar damage myself. Hope you get it fixed soon. Try and have a good Christmas anyway, after all it is only a car and someone could have been hurt.
CJ
Old 24 December 2000, 07:47 PM
Graham Stocker
Scooby Regular

Triggaaar dont know where your located but i have similar damage to my wrx . Got a qoute from park lane omega park in Alton Hants. Waiting for the ok from the insurers. Graham.
Old 24 December 2000, 07:51 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Triggaaar

"I'm popping out to look under the bonnet as soon as I've got some alcohol down me."

Just don't take your car keys with you, mate; remember the thread about "drunk in charge" a few days ago? Man with alcohol on breath and damaged car with keys in hand = tricky explanation time!

Good luck with it, and Merry Christmas otherwise... BJH
Old 24 December 2000, 08:09 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Angry

Cheers guys - I'm behind gates, so police have no concern - it would appear that I now have two of everything, but unfortunately, the everything that's damaged is damaged on both cars.

I'm based in London - has anyone got any suggestions for places that can get hold of imported parts? I expect I'll have to wait for parts to be shipped over.

my renewal is due in a month, and quotes are between £1700 and £3000 (no ponits, full no claims, and no claims) - no claims are protected, but any ideas how much one claim will add onto the premium (since it will affect the base premium)?

Thanks
Old 25 December 2000, 10:48 AM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Speak to Steve Lawson who can probably source the bits and sort out a decent bodyshop

Sunil
Old 26 December 2000, 02:45 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Beat me to it Sunil
Old 26 December 2000, 09:29 PM
Gerg2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Is it an MY01? Should look better now

Seriously....hope you fix it okay
Old 26 December 2000, 09:52 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Ah yes, when I said new WRX, I forgot about the latest uk models being WRXs. It's a MY00 import (not an STi, but smillar).

Damage: The bumper is knackered, the bonnet is still buckled (something tells me that although only slightly damaged, these can't be fixed) - it's an aluminium bonnet, I don't know if places have them in the uk, or if it will have to be shipped. The radiator is only marked, but isn't leaking, and the shape seems ok. The metal bar behind the radiator is bent back an inch, and the plastic area holding the scoob badge has been broken off (along with the number plate, which the police have already shown an interest in). All lights are ok, as is the suspension etc, but it'll still cost a fair amount to fix.

Where abouts is Steve Lawson, and do you have a contact number? What does he (or the company) do?

Cheers
Old 28 December 2000, 09:47 AM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Talking

Steve is in the Croydon area and if you email me offline that will prompt me to dig out his mobile number for you.

His email is

stevejlawson@hotmail.com

but i am not sure how often he checks it.

What does he do, he fixes Scoobies and most other cars very very well

Sunil
Old 28 December 2000, 02:20 PM
Paul Frank
Scooby Regular

Oh dear, it brings it all back to me . . . waiting 2 months for a bonnet when any other bits were fixed in 5 days!

AND took 3 bonnets for mine (2 arrived more bent than the one we took off - sigh)

Advice DON'T import one yourself - they ship 'em in cardboard for gawd's sake

I'd try Pete @ Scoobysport (I assume they are shut until Jan3) or speak to the very nice people at Prodrive (hint guys! it IS Christmas after all - even if it IS for an import . . . ?)

good luck
Paul
PS and I lost all my no claims (2 years only due to a muppet who drove off after hitting my parked car)
Old 28 December 2000, 04:58 PM
JAMES BUSHELL
Scooby Regular

Try GDA on 01892 664212.....

I've had loads of work done on my WRX and they are very good indeed, just had a new spoiler fitted with a very good colour match.

They're based in Crowbrough Nr. Tunbridge Wells... Shut until the new year though (2ND)

James