TUNING, HOW FAR DO YOU GO?

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2000, 05:12 PM
buddy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

HI all and a merry xmas,
Why do we keep modding our cars, why dont we just save the money and put it towards a better model, Im sure all of you agree that all the money you spend on tuning a car you never get back,if only a small fraction of it , and when youve bought the new car you think i wish that i never did that to the old one etc.....I could of been driving a 22b now instead of a sti type r, some of you may agree or not?
Regards,
Buddy
Old 25 December 2000, 02:04 PM
nickwrx
Scooby Regular

Talking

Buddy, the reason i have modded my 95 wrx is to be different from the rest of the sheep, and to up the power and the way it handle's so i can whip all those 22b ****'s "lol".
nick.
Old 25 December 2000, 06:47 PM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ummm I'm stupid ? Lol
Old 26 December 2000, 01:49 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Cool

Doesnt work like that, as the man said, there is never enough, we always want more, so you'd just end up buying a more expensive model and modding that anyhow.

I honestly vowed never to modify my scoob having lost loadsa cash when selling my last car which was modded..............yeah right, my willpower lasted long on this one too

Sunil
Old 26 December 2000, 01:52 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Talking

When i bought my westie i made a pact with myself to not modify it at all, save my money.

That lasted about 2 days! it's human nature, we always want more.
Old 26 December 2000, 02:40 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

Personally I blame Sunil / Steve Lawson / Jim Childs at Cheam etc . I was like Sunil - bought a 'standard' UK turbo - didn't buy it with any intention of making modifications - but it just happens And I know it will keep on happening - don't know what it is - maybe you just want to make the car personal, but I reckon youy would do it regardless of what model you had (look at what Anders has done on his 22B)

BTW Sunil - the 18" wheels look great.

Cheers

Chris
Old 26 December 2000, 03:50 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

I realised this myself after modding a wrx for some time and eventually stopped and started looking for a type r in sonic blue with the hope of getting as close to a 22b as possible.

In the course of looking I found a 22b, but now I dont want to hurt the poor thing by modding the pants off it and risk blowing up an almost unreplacable block.

Now I am almost at my tuning limit without going internal so I havent a different altogether.

Whatever you have, there will always be a better way of doing it so just have fun while you can and sod the money. Money is meant to be spent and you cant take it with you so why not?

(dont want to hear anything about responsibilty)
Old 26 December 2000, 05:12 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Cool

But Adam, you must be responsible and financially secure and all that jazz...........

Bollocks, life's too short, enjoy one thing in your life without any holds............

I dont blame anyone, i'm just greedy

Laters
Old 26 December 2000, 11:02 PM
buddy
Scooby Regular

Hi guys,
Thanks for your replies so far.I myself am striving for a 22b as it is and always will be the best, for me but i wouldnt dream of modding my sti type r ,you cant beat design spec especially from sti,ive been in japan and have seen the techno theve got , it leave us mere and dower compared to them. STI and FUJI HEAVY INDUSTRIES ARE THE BEST, so dont take anything less,3 years ago i was green to all this as most of us were and there is too much bull**** now about this an that is bringing the sti name down...........
Old 27 December 2000, 03:06 AM
Gerg2
Scooby Regular

Wink

I bought my car with EVERY intention of modding the @rse off it.....but so far my slackness has kept it mostly standard.
Old 27 December 2000, 01:48 PM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

Red face

... so far my skintness has kept it standard
Old 28 December 2000, 01:11 PM
Silver Surfer
Scooby Regular

I agree the mods are addictive. i bought the non WR RB5 thinking I wouldn't need the extra power. Well full exhaust system, Leda, AP 6pots later I wish I had gone the WR route to start with. Now if I'd saved the money I'd have approx. £4k to put towards a P1 BUT then I would still have to change the exhaust, suspension & brakes. I reckon the trick is to keep buying impreza's so you can take the mods off and put on your new acquisition.

The best bit of news is the girlfriend saw a 22b and said why can't we get one of those!