Prodrive WR Sport Question?

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2008, 05:32 PM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive WR Sport Question?

Hi all,

I have a UK 1998 Turbo 2000, with the Prodrive WR Sport performance package. But im not exactly sure of what this consists of, The person i brought it from said it has the usual prodrive accesories ecu, exhaust ect and also the WR external package which is the colour coded sils, mirrors etc also uprated suspention, PIAA spot lamps. Also i have read that their is an internal package too Recaro's ect, but i do not have this apart from the optional a/c.. Does any body know exactly what i have, rarety, and what sort of money it would be worth? Many thanks

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05 January 2008, 05:43 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

In order to be called a WR Sport it had to have the full Prodrive package(s). If it only had a few of them (as you were able to choose from the options list) then it won't be a WR Sport ie may just have the WR Sport performance upgrade? Not sure on the options so someone else can tell you that

TX.

Edit - just read your post properly so apologies for my useless reply!

Last edited by Terminator X; 05 January 2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: I'm daft
Old 05 January 2008, 09:23 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

1997 Prodrive included cosmetic styling kits, 17inch supertourismo alloys, deeper front dam with PIA 120amp driving lamps, bilstien dampers & eibach springs, driver enhancement pack included performance brake pads, quick shift, electrically adjustable recaros, once 3 packages where put together, interior, exterior and Driver/E/Pack, this justified the WR Sport Badge, plaque on dashboard, only 25 cars a year were produced to WR Sport specification, a £20,000 car added upto £37,000, Hope this has helped
Old 06 January 2008, 02:04 AM
DCR59
Scooby Regular

From your photo, the WR Exterior package would have added 17" twin spoke speedlines and a 3 piece STi front lip spoiler.

I remember seeing one at the motorshow about 1998 and the car was just under £30k
Old 06 January 2008, 09:41 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

AFAIK you could look at a list and either choose one of the pre-set packages, or pick and choose from the bits you wanted as aftermarket add ones for any Impreza.

Prodrive also sold a limited number of cars directly themselves that had the full kit fitted - these were the only ones that were badged as WR Sports.

My 98 has some of the stuff fitted ( suspension, wheels, spoiler, sills, headlights, quickshift etc... ) but isnt badged as a WR.

The 'driver enhancement package' had :

Prodrive / Eibach suspension and uprated anti roll bar
Quickshift gearchange
17" premium alloys in gold or silver

The Interior Package was :

Prodrive branded Recaro seats with special design cloth
Door cards and rear seats re-trimmed in the same cloth
Aluminium or Carbon gearknob
Prodrive branded mats.

Exterior package :

Prodrive WRC replica spoiler
High intensity headlight conversion
Colour coded sills and mirrors

Performance Package :

Uprated ECU
Stainless performace exhaust
Uprated brake pads
Certificate of fitting.

If your car is badged as a WR Sport then it should have all of these - from the look of your car it hasnt had the exterior package as I dont think the spoiler is correct and doesnt have the right wheels for the driver enhancement package.

The suspension should be easy to check - the shocks are branded as bilstein / prodrive ( there will be a sticker on them on the opposite side from the hub ) and there may also be a plaque under the bonnet. They will also be lowered compared to the standard ones, and rock hard ( speaking from experience here ! )

It is most likely it just had the performace pack bought for it, which would explain the certificate, and may have had the sills colour coded anywhere.

The aircon wasnt part of the WR Sport thing, but was an optional extra at the time of buying which cost about £1000 !

IIRC the uprated ECU should also have a Prodrive sticker on it - check yours ( under the panel in the passenger footwell ) - if it is the standard one, then the car hasnt had any Prodrive enhancements for the performance.

As to what its worth ? I'd say the same as a standard UK car - the Prodrive stuff may make it easier to sell, but doesnt really add any value.
Old 06 January 2008, 09:48 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Noticed something else odd - on your certificate it gives the fitting date as November 2000 - as the car is a 98 if it was a 'proper' WR Sport, which would justify the badges, then it would have been fitted when the car was brand new, not nearly two years later.

I dont know if the seller was telling porkies when he sold the car to you, but I'd have a good look at the parts and find out exactly what has been done as if you try and sell the car to someone else as being a proper WR sport then that wouldnt be right it it isnt.

It would be more correct to say it is a UK Turbo, with some Prodrive extras, which is how I would describe mine.
Old 06 January 2008, 11:06 AM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Just had a look at the ECU and found this,

[IMG][/IMG]

Just done a search on internet and think this is a Prodrive one although it does not say prodrive...
Old 06 January 2008, 04:31 PM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Just done another search on SN and yes i do have a Prodrive ECU so i susspect the ppp was fitted with a few options of the WR range as i do have the bilstein suss and the Piaa spot lamps...

Many thanks for your input...