Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad scooby driver

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2000, 12:24 AM
Paul P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of my mates nearly had an accident last night! He was driving his car along a single carriageway when a blue 4 door, turbo, reg no T6*6 LAG came flying along, overtook even though there was loads of traffic coming the other way. Then the Subaru driver decided rather than crash into the oncoming traffic, he slammed his brakes on, cut right in front of my mate's car at the last minute, result was that my mate had to slam his brakes on otherwise he would have ended up in the back of the Subaru!
Time and location: About 5.15 last night, on the road between the A1 Hartlepool turnoff and the Eden Arms Hotel / Rushford roundabout.

If it was you, don't give Subaru drivers a bad name, slow down and drive in a more sensible manner, FULL STOP!
Old 21 December 2000, 12:59 AM
Hogster
Scooby Regular

Angry

Paul,

Sounds like there is an epidemic of nutters purchasing scoobys.

At the weekend a work colleague of mine was up in Scotland, travelling between Aberdeen and Ellon(sp)in the early hours of Sunday morning when a Blue Scooby 4 door hurtled past overtaking on double white lines almost crashing into oncoming traffic. Nuf said !!

If you are out there you know who you are!!!

Hogster
Old 21 December 2000, 01:07 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

I was behind a DBM 5 door with light tan leather seats who overtook on double white lines on an extremely dangerous bend.

Made me cringe to be driving a similar make of car.
Old 21 December 2000, 01:51 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Its not the cars fault, its the complete and utter d1ck who drives it!!!! now that imprezas are becoming cheaper to buy (but just as expensive to run) people are buying them thinking that they can handle the power etc, unfortunately the car gives a false sense of security to those "idiots" who buy the car for this reason, i purchased my my00 because i wanted more grip, and i got that, i do not overtake on double white lines or on corners on the wrong side of the road, or on the brow of the hill in which you still see "rep mobiles" doing!! It does give us impreza drivers a bad name but when these idiots get caught by the police or reported for driving dangerously and the subsequent ban that will follow for reckless endangerment then the better, the sooner people like that are off the road the better!!

Tony
Old 21 December 2000, 01:54 PM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Oh dear, guess where next year's insurance premiums are going...
Old 21 December 2000, 02:06 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

It's the same with everything ... I have a bike too, and it pisses me off on any sunny Sunday to see people in the latest fashion leathers, helmets etc on R1s and GSXRs frightening the pi55 out of drivers on local roads (Cat & Fiddle etc) with very dangerous maneuvers. Wherever there are enthusiasts, there are hooligans too.