Hello from a newbie!

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2007, 04:13 PM
Rmonkey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from a newbie!

Hi guys,
First thread here although have had many over on the civic type-r forum.
I have recently been concidering a change. Present car is an 04 ctr. I bought it new and have always really wanted a scooby. I had a pug 306gti-6 which was great but started over heating after a few years. So decided to get rid. Paid visit to a local scooby dealer over in southampton and really wanted one but was put off by the usual worries of mpg and at the time some 6yrs ago insurance would have been barmy! So i took a test drive in a type-r and ordered a new one which i love to this day BUT! Its not been the fault free experiance i had hoped buying a honda. Nothing mechanical thats been fine Just lots of noises(creaky steering) squeeling clutch and stuff which to this day after visits now in double figures still not sorted. So with the misses go ahead and now over 30 yrs of age seriously thinking about realising my dream.
So as far as performance goes do you guys think it a good upgrade. I have read here wrx not that much faster at all if type-r is at correct revs etc.
Obviously better traction in the scoob but would i really need to go for wrx sti to feel any great improvement in excelleration?
Old 28 November 2007, 06:52 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

depends what age scoob your talkin about,or you could go for a proper type R .Only kiddin,i like the honda but the sti impreza is a completely different car,yes on a bypass/straight road at high speed there isnt much between them,but add damp conditions,and on take off at least the impreza shows its true colours.And welcome to the club
Old 28 November 2007, 07:10 PM
Rmonkey
Scooby Regular

Thanks for reply,
So it would be better to go for an sti. How do find the fuel mpg?
Old 28 November 2007, 08:45 PM
AdamNI
Scooby Regular

Head out and test drive a few, the wrx and the sti, only way you'll know. I didn't bother with the wrx as i had my mind made up about getting an 2005 sti. I drove a type r years ago, nice car but as exvaux says totally different machine. As for mpg i get 22 average, in and out of work sitting in traffic etc, and probably 25 going upto 30 if i'm on the motorway and stick to speed limits. I was in the same boat, always wanted one and took the plunge, and now loving it.
Old 28 November 2007, 09:39 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SNET

you are in the right place to get your questions answered

Claire