Sponsored by:

I've just been done.....

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2007, 11:53 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've just been done.....

....for running a red light. £60 fine & 3 points On the ticket the offence code is J02 - Contravene red traffic light junction. I've just tried to get a few insurance quotes now to see how much it will effect my insurance by, but whenever I say that I've got a motoring conviction and have to chose from a list of them.....that isn't one of them. Infact, there aren't any offence codes that start with 'J'

Does this mean this is an offence that doesn't affect insurance and so they don't wannt know about it? Or does it mean I'm just gonna have to ring em up & tell em instead of chosing from a list? I've tried 3 websites now and all seem to have the same list of convictions to chose from.....NONE of which include the one I've got?!
Old 06 November 2007, 01:35 AM
Rossyboy99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mate sorry to tell you but its an official thing and its maybe an over the phone thing my missus has one for same thing, but i dont think its j hers is failing to colmply with traffic signals etc etc or to that effect, but none the less 3 points is 3 points.
Old 06 November 2007, 02:21 AM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

unfortunatly you will have to declare it, but depending on any other motoring convictions it shouldnt affect the premium much, oh and the conviction code you are looking for on insurance sites is a TS10
Old 06 November 2007, 09:45 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Yep, probably a T not a J.

It could be that the dibble has wrote the wrong code down which means you have a "get out"
Old 06 November 2007, 01:25 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Codes
Old 06 November 2007, 05:35 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't kill anyone. It really shouldn't affect your insurance if all you have is 3 points in total.
Old 14 September 2008, 11:15 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mikkel
Look on the bright side, at least you didn't kill anyone. It really shouldn't affect your insurance if all you have is 3 points in total.
Well I'm afraid it does affect my insurance.....a little more than I'd hoped for aswell!! I got a renewal quote without declaring the points and it was £627 with all my modifications declared aswell. Then I did another quote exactly the same but added my TS10 conviction......and it went up very slightly to £958!!!! It's just ridiculous. I cannot find a decent quote ANYWHERE

The closest I've come to any joy is that directline will insure me for £404 if I get a tracker fitted.......but.......they don't bloody insure modified cars so that's that out the window aswell doh. The fact that I've now got 3 points on my licence only really seems to have any substantial effect because I've got an Impreza. I really like my cousin's 04 seat leon 1.9tdi, so out of curiosity I tried to get a quote on that with my conviction declared......and it was only £273!!!!! **** the bed, what a difference like. I may have to actually consider getting rid of the scoob if I can't find a decent quote soon but I reallllllly don't wanna have to do that
Old 14 September 2008, 11:20 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Give Gary Moleson a try. Ask in the Insurance Forum for him.
Old 15 September 2008, 12:54 AM
timmy2take
Scooby Regular

Admiral & Directline year in year out - are always the cheapest
Although (touch wood) I have a clean license
Old 15 September 2008, 05:03 AM
oli1983uk
Scooby Regular

direct line insured my modded car, i know the mod's to my car most likely are no where near your mods. I got a a quote from them for £404 with no mods, then with air filter, 17" alloys and cat back system they insured it for £472.
Old 15 September 2008, 09:05 AM
masterbates1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simonds1
Well I'm afraid it does affect my insurance.....a little more than I'd hoped for aswell!! I got a renewal quote without declaring the points and it was £627 with all my modifications declared aswell. Then I did another quote exactly the same but added my TS10 conviction......and it went up very slightly to £958!!!! It's just ridiculous. I cannot find a decent quote ANYWHERE

The closest I've come to any joy is that directline will insure me for £404 if I get a tracker fitted.......but.......they don't bloody insure modified cars so that's that out the window aswell doh. The fact that I've now got 3 points on my licence only really seems to have any substantial effect because I've got an Impreza. I really like my cousin's 04 seat leon 1.9tdi, so out of curiosity I tried to get a quote on that with my conviction declared......and it was only £273!!!!! **** the bed, what a difference like. I may have to actually consider getting rid of the scoob if I can't find a decent quote soon but I reallllllly don't wanna have to do that
I'm with directline told about mods pay £469 full protected, also got house insured and life insurence. Been with them for 8 yrs. Any other quotes was around £750ish mark with pru been a directline company quoted £489.
6 points to CD10 SP30
Old 15 September 2008, 09:10 AM
RyanSTI
Scooby Regular

congratulations on your ts10 medal. i used to have one, its the worst one you can ever get, in the insurance companies eyes, your a risk taker. mine got removed earlier this year .. phew!
Old 15 September 2008, 11:05 AM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oli1983uk
direct line insured my modded car, i know the mod's to my car most likely are no where near your mods. I got a a quote from them for £404 with no mods, then with air filter, 17" alloys and cat back system they insured it for £472.
s**t the bed, reallly?? No, your mods are infact more than mine lol. Well, I've got a turbo-back system rather than a cat-back, but I haven't got aftermarket alloys or anything, just the exhaust. Have they only started to insure mods recently then? I remember back in 2005 when I had my Renault 19 16v, I got a cat-back system for that and decided I would give them a call to declare it......and that phonecall resulted in them cancelling my insurance because they apparently couldn't insure modified cars!! So yeah I just haven't considered them since really, but they seem to be always cheapest for any quote I try on any car......but I just didn't think they did mods. That's very interesting dude, cheers I might have to give em a call!

Originally Posted by RyanSTI
congratulations on your ts10 medal. i used to have one, its the worst one you can ever get, in the insurance companies eyes, your a risk taker. mine got removed earlier this year .. phew!
Ahh s**t lol. I was wondering how bad it would be on the scale of which offences are the worst. Really annoying tho cuz the lights weren't working, and I have proof of that from swansea highways agency.....yet they still ended up doing me when I took it to court!! Hhoowwwww do these people sleep at night!? Ahh well, I got the points now so am gonna have to deal with it lol.
Old 15 September 2008, 01:14 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Swap back to a standard exhaust ?

Sorted.

Sorry it's not what you wanted to hear..

DunxC
Old 15 September 2008, 01:37 PM
oli1983uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simonds1
s**t the bed, reallly?? No, your mods are infact more than mine lol. Well, I've got a turbo-back system rather than a cat-back, but I haven't got aftermarket alloys or anything, just the exhaust. Have they only started to insure mods recently then? I remember back in 2005 when I had my Renault 19 16v, I got a cat-back system for that and decided I would give them a call to declare it......and that phonecall resulted in them cancelling my insurance because they apparently couldn't insure modified cars!! So yeah I just haven't considered them since really, but they seem to be always cheapest for any quote I try on any car......but I just didn't think they did mods. That's very interesting dude, cheers I might have to give em a call!
the car i got insured with them is a nissan almera gti, when i told them about the mods all the asked was does it increase the bhp.
Old 15 September 2008, 01:40 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

if the lights wasn't working surely everyone would get caught?

Have ya tried Quinn when I went to add my 3 points the quote didn't change
Old 15 September 2008, 01:58 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Just put some cloned plates on the car and give the system the finger. If you have an accident just drive off (or run away) and if you are unfortunate enough to be collared then just lie your socks off.
MOT's...who needs 'em?
Insurance.......what the hell, hey?
Tax......who cares?

This is of course somewhat tongue-in-cheek but playing by the rules in this country does seem to get harder every day, whilst those who choose to throw the rulebook away are just laughing into their Stella, having just legged it from their latest throwaway Sierra that's embedded in the back of some poor saps pride and joy.
Kevin
Old 15 September 2008, 06:59 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oli1983uk
the car i got insured with them is a nissan almera gti, when i told them about the mods all the asked was does it increase the bhp.
Ah right, well I'm guessing you said yes then? lol. I had this discussion when I had the Renault. I said that I had a stainless steel exhaust fitted because the car had failed the MOT on the standard exhaust rusting away to nothing, and he asked me did it increase the bhp. I said maybe but I wasn't sure lol. He said well yes it does, and therefore we can't insure you. I then argued that it was just a direct replacement exhaust that just happened to be made out of stainless steel so it would last, and it didn't improve the car's bhp at all. He wasn't having any of this and was saying to me that any part I change from when the car was originally made, was considered a modification. So I was like "well I've just had 4 new tyres put on a few weeks ago, is that considered a modification?" and he was like "that is different" lol.....etc. So yeah I just gave up in the end. I'm guessing that means I'm gonna have no luck this time either. Altho there is a section on their website saying if you've got modifications, to call them. It doesn't just say "we don't insure modifications". So who knows