ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Lewis could still be champion

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2007, 10:31 PM
DCR59
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lewis could still be champion

I know this is the wrong section, but this is big news.

The Williams and BMW teams are being investigated about fuel irregularities, that could see them disqualified from the race results.
Promoting Hamilton to 4th, and therefore the World Championship.

More details on BBC News 24.
Old 21 October 2007, 10:34 PM
BigBez
Scooby Regular

i dont think it matters as lewis was a lap down anyway, brundle said even if the two cars infront crashed out he could not win as the race leader had finished and lewis still had to do another lap

or something like that
Old 21 October 2007, 10:35 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Just knew there would be more incidents............
Old 21 October 2007, 10:36 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigBez
i dont think it matters as lewis was a lap down anyway, brundle said even if the two cars infront crashed out he could not win as the race leader had finished and lewis still had to do another lap

or something like that
If they were disqualified for some reason Hamilton would still be awarded the position.
Old 21 October 2007, 10:58 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-champion.html
Old 21 October 2007, 11:14 PM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

F1 is just a joke of a sport, as if a team would be allowed to start a race with the wrong type of fuel with all the none stop tests that are carried out.

The fuel is tested and then sealed until race time, half the time i wouldn`t be suprised if F1 does it for the publicity to put the sport into the limelight as lets face it its far cheaper than advertising to be on every news channel.
Old 21 October 2007, 11:23 PM
oobster
Scooby Regular

Apparently there has already been a precedent for this before in F1 - drivers keep the points but the constructors lose theirs.

So, unfortunately, it looks like Kimi is still F1 champion. Nothing wrong with Kimi, I just wanted Lewis to win it.
Old 21 October 2007, 11:32 PM
Andy T
Scooby Regular

Location: Northampton Xbox360 Tag - GTMonkeyboy Project-Stealth Wagon WIP

What ever happens, Ferrari won. Thats all that matters to the FIA. End of
Old 21 October 2007, 11:39 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy T
What ever happens, Ferrari won. Thats all that matters to the FIA. End of

Ferrari International Assistance. They have been doing everything they can all year (and for the past 8 years) to gift the win to Ferrari. I used to be a Ferrari fan, but it seems to be one way traffic now
Old 21 October 2007, 11:57 PM
Andy T
Scooby Regular

Location: Northampton Xbox360 Tag - GTMonkeyboy Project-Stealth Wagon WIP

Originally Posted by fast bloke
Ferrari International Assistance. They have been doing everything they can all year (and for the past 8 years) to gift the win to Ferrari. I used to be a Ferrari fan, but it seems to be one way traffic now
Ferrari and the FIA are gonna be the death of F1, according to the FIA Ferrari dont make cars and are an engine manufacturer, this is what pushed Cosworth out last year when they supplied to Spyker at the 11th hour. This is probably why they run with a Fiat badge on the nose of their cars ?? now where is Mulder and Scully on this conspiracy therory ??? hmmmmm
Old 22 October 2007, 09:41 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FFS give the Hamilton nonsense up.

He lost - thats it.
The championship was in the bag and he threw it away.

Meatbag Hamilton clearly couldn't handle the pressure on the day.

Last edited by urban; 22 October 2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 22 October 2007, 09:45 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy T
Ferrari and the FIA are gonna be the death of F1, according to the FIA Ferrari dont make cars and are an engine manufacturer, this is what pushed Cosworth out last year when they supplied to Spyker at the 11th hour. This is probably why they run with a Fiat badge on the nose of their cars ?? now where is Mulder and Scully on this conspiracy therory ??? hmmmmm
Ferrari are one of the only car/engine manufactures in F1, ie they make both, they have a Fiat badge on the front of their car because Ferrari is owned by Fiat, very simple really.

Tony
Old 22 October 2007, 09:49 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Raikkonen confirmed as the 2007 champion - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

Results confirmed and no further action taken regarding the fuel samples..... as it should be really,fia are a farce ....
Old 22 October 2007, 10:02 AM
T-gro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rigga
Raikkonen confirmed as the 2007 champion - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

Results confirmed and no further action taken regarding the fuel samples..... as it should be really,fia are a farce ....
No, it's not over.

Mclaren will certainly appeal. The stewards took no action because they could not find: "a regulation stating in clear terms that for the purposes of Article [6.5.5] the definitive ambient temperature shall be indicated on the FOM timing monitors alone."

In other words: "we're not taking the crap for deciding the championship, instead we're going to pretend we don't understand the rules and let the FIA deal with it at the appeal"
Old 22 October 2007, 11:43 AM
wall
Scooby Regular

Even if they punish they will punish (remove the points) the team not the drivers ...

Anyway the result IMO is perfectly right!

Lewis made too many mistakes at the end, had it too easy in general, and became too cocky and arrogant; this is a suitable humble pie which will do him well in his long and surely brilliant carreer ...

Alonso deserved better support from his team being undoubtedly a brilliant driver and 2 x champ, however he also was too arrogant at times and then went right around playing the victim; also if he won 3 x champs in a row he would have thought he's a Schumacher or something ... and as good as he is ... he isn't.

Kimi has been in F1 a while now, always at the top, runner up twice, undoubtedly a great talent and has been very humble all year ... as well as having the most GP wins this season (the point deficit was due to retirements and 0 points a number of times). Therefore a deserving champ and his right time to win it.

Wall
Old 22 October 2007, 11:58 AM
darrens_here
Scooby Regular

whilst watching it I was thinking that Kimi didnt deserve it, how he hadnt done anything this year, then I heard he had won 6 races (cant seem to recall it was that many!!!) I had to eat my words.

To win 6 races is a great feat, especially considering there were actually other contenders who had a chance in Alonso, Hamilton and Massa.

Despite the problems this year, I think its been the closest in a LONG LONG time... 3 drivers all able to win in the last race !!!! Brilliant.
Old 22 October 2007, 12:46 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

As much as I wanted Lewis to win, I think the outcome was deserved. Kimi has kept his head down and got the job done. Lewis will have his time, there is no doubt.

Allan
Old 22 October 2007, 12:52 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

if he got away with cheating then the bmw drivers will keep there points to.
Old 22 October 2007, 12:58 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

I don't think Kimi is humble at all. He's actually rather aloof and a bit arrogant because he avoids doing interviews and if he does he only answers with one word if he can. Ecclestone can't stand him apparently because he isn't a ambassador for the sport at all. He's in it for himself.

That said he won more than anyone else and if he didn't win it was normally because of a engine issue than driver error. It seems like he's sneaked in but that's only because the media have been so tied up with Rookie Hamilton and Alonso throwing his toys out of the pram that they've not written about him at all.

5t.
Old 22 October 2007, 01:12 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllanP
As much as I wanted Lewis to win, I think the outcome was deserved. Kimi has kept his head down and got the job done. Lewis will have his time, there is no doubt.

Allan

Agreed.
I wanted Lewis to win soo much (although I'm a Button fan) but I really hope the result remains as Kimi World Champion. Why? Lewis had tha chance to beat him on the track and failed (china could have wrapped it up). To change the result now would leave a very bitter taste for all fans around the world.

Lewis will be world champion. Just not this year.

If Hamilton couldn't win, I wanted Kimi to. Anyone to be honest, other than that Spanish B*stard Alonso.
Old 22 October 2007, 01:19 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
I don't think Kimi is humble at all. He's actually rather aloof and a bit arrogant because he avoids doing interviews and if he does he only answers with one word if he can. Ecclestone can't stand him apparently because he isn't a ambassador for the sport at all. He's in it for himself.
Show me a world champion who isn't arrogant, or comes across as it? Lewis is in it for himself too.
As the saying goes. Nice guy's finish last. Look as Schumacher (arrogant), Alonso (arrogant) Kimi (arrogant), all world champions.

Coulthard (nice guy) Fisi (nice guy). Neither of which have been world champion, or got anywhere near being. Yet they've both had arrogant team mates who've gone and become world champions.

Have no doubt, Hamiltion is as arrogant as Schumacher/Alonso/Kimi, it's just that he's been trained on how not to come over as arrogant.
Old 22 October 2007, 01:23 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance

The facts as I see them over this season:

Kimi is a worthy champion.
BMW and Williams cheated and undoubtedly gained some advantage in Brazil.
McLaren fcuked up, Hamilton made mistakes, Alonso behaved ridiculously.
The FIA are a bunch on monkeys.
F1 in general needs to get a grip of itself and gain some credibility as a sporting challenge on track, not a battle betweeen lawyers in court.
Rip up the rule book. Nobody understands it.
Make F1 interesting because of the racing, not the politics.

Richard.
Old 22 October 2007, 02:39 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Show me a world champion who isn't arrogant, or comes across as it? Lewis is in it for himself too.
As the saying goes. Nice guy's finish last. Look as Schumacher (arrogant), Alonso (arrogant) Kimi (arrogant), all world champions.

Coulthard (nice guy) Fisi (nice guy). Neither of which have been world champion, or got anywhere near being. Yet they've both had arrogant team mates who've gone and become world champions.

Have no doubt, Hamiltion is as arrogant as Schumacher/Alonso/Kimi, it's just that he's been trained on how not to come over as arrogant.
Dunno i think Hamilton comes across as pretty down to earth. Schumacher could be slightly arrogant about his racing but then he was the best and it was obvious so why not? However he also came across as having a character and personality, happy to do pit lane chats with Brundle etc, you don't get that from Kimi.

Mansell wasn't arrogant, he was just dull naturally and Hill was a decent chap. F1 used to be as much about the characters as the racing and it is no surprise that Kimi is known as the Ice Man. Not slagging him i just don't think you'd ever be cheering him on because he's "a great guy" the reason people don't seem to mind is as above - Whining Alonso didn't get it!

5t.
Old 22 October 2007, 02:41 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hoppy
The facts as I see them over this season:

Kimi is a worthy champion.
BMW and Williams cheated and undoubtedly gained some advantage in Brazil.
McLaren fcuked up, Hamilton made mistakes, Alonso behaved ridiculously.
The FIA are a bunch on monkeys.
F1 in general needs to get a grip of itself and gain some credibility as a sporting challenge on track, not a battle betweeen lawyers in court.
Rip up the rule book. Nobody understands it.
Make F1 interesting because of the racing, not the politics.

Richard.

Pretty good summary imho
Old 23 October 2007, 01:53 AM
Going 4 400bhp
Scooby Regular

IMOA

F1 is rubbish! If you have lot's of money you win! End of! They should put all the F1 drivers in go karts and then we may see the men from the boy's!

It's the same reason why i think people on this site like Subaru's over Evo's. We drive Subaru's and Evo's drive them selfs!

The new Evo x has four all wheel controls, ADC, AYC, ASC and ABS! Were is the fun in that!

When A1 came out i thought it would be good as everyone was in the same car? But it was and is rubbish! Does anyone watch it

If you want to see a real race get over to Moto GP! Now thats fun to watch
Old 23 October 2007, 08:25 AM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

In my view, even the FIA aren't stupid enough to overturn Kimi's championship on a fuel technicality which the majority of people would not understand even though it could well have affected the championship outcome. That's probably why the stewards "decided" that there was not sufficient evidence.

It's been a bad enough year for F1 politics as it is and that would be the icing on the cake.
Old 23 October 2007, 01:41 PM
wall
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Going 4 400bhp;7351174]...if you want to see a real race get over to Moto GP...[QUOTE]

Don't know what Moto GP you've been watching because actually the championship this year was a far more one-sided affair than in F1, and the results were more a product of tires than talent (not that Stoner isn't talented, but the gap he had in most races to Valentino and the rest was obviously not caused by superior skill...).

Wall
Old 23 October 2007, 08:41 PM
Going 4 400bhp
Scooby Regular

ok yes there was the one man out in front due to the tires but look at the fight Val still put up and got 3ed at the last race when we know his tires were not up to the job!

Good watcjing in my eye's, 100 times better the F1