Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

So Litchfield got their hands on the new STi's?

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2007, 08:48 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Litchfield got their hands on the new STi's?

Had a look over at the Litchfield Imports site and noted they are now advertising the jap 08 STi, that should get the ball rolling!

Oh I can't wait to get my hands on a classic, after seeing the ugly heap the new one is I am liking the classic's that much more
Old 17 October 2007, 11:12 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think youll find its the MY08 Subaru Impreza GT (2007) not the sti
Old 18 October 2007, 12:19 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

As said above he has a S-GT IIRC he is taking orders for the STi now

alledegly he will have a STi sometime late Nov/Dec

Time to start hiding the wife hairdressing money

Tony
Old 18 October 2007, 07:33 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

It'll turn out to be the latest 'must-have' for Scoobymeet poseurs no doubt
Old 18 October 2007, 08:58 AM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

Smile

I'm off to Japan shortly to see/try the new STI We have all the details and prices for both the UK and Japanese STI models now and will update our website soon

Iain
Old 18 October 2007, 10:03 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

It will prob cost approx 27k then you will have to spend about 4k getting it to look half decent.

Iain,
Is it true the UK will again get a slightly watered down version,ie sigle scroll turbo,2.5 Lt engine etc and the JDM will be twin scroll and 2Lt??

And also is the Spec C version delayed as rumoured.
sorry to ask but you seem to be the man in the know as usual.

Mac
Old 18 October 2007, 10:38 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

According to Evo magazine, we're just getting 276BHP. Looks like the rumours of 330BHP are just for the JDM cars.

Again reading Evo, they noted that Mitsubishi are already working on 340-360 models for the new Evo. Sorry Subaru, but at 276BHP and those looks, it looks like my new car will be an Evo.
Old 18 October 2007, 10:55 AM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

To say UK/Euro version is “watered down” is harsh as it more than meets 97% of STi buyers needs. From what I have seen I think the new car will be a real hit . It needed to be around 300bhp and it is (well 296bhp) and it needed to meet emissions and it does. So this and its lower price make it quite an attractive buy. The EU Import models won’t offer the same savings as before and although we will supply them we will be concentrating on the JDM versions.

Fortunately we are able to cater for this more enthusiast 3% of the STi buyers that want that bit extra and certainly look to tune their cars. Now the JDM models make sense as the new 2.0 Twinscroll engine is much more tuneable and our sources say that it is VERY good . Judging by how impressive the 2.0 GT engine is I can’t wait to get hold of the STI version . The JDM car also gets other changes including Equal length manifold and the 13.1 quick rack Vs the Euro cars 15.1. Changes the mainstream buyer probably won’t notice unless they drove them back to.

There won’t be a Spec C version just yet as the JDM STI will be homologated for Group N rallying to begin with. I know Subaru are working on one but I doubt they will release it until they have learnt from the changes needed for competition.

At the moment alot of the Evo X power claims are just PR spin as some key suppliers haven't even seen the engine/Ecu yet. The new engine is nothing like the durable Iron lump from the previous Evos

Iain
Old 18 October 2007, 11:11 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LitchfieldImports
To say UK/Euro version is “watered down” is harsh as it more than meets 97% of STi buyers needs. From what I have seen I think the new car will be a real hit . It needed to be around 300bhp and it is (well 296bhp) and it needed to meet emissions and it does. So this and its lower price make it quite an attractive buy. The EU Import models won’t offer the same savings as before and although we will supply them we will be concentrating on the JDM versions.

Fortunately we are able to cater for this more enthusiast 3% of the STi buyers that want that bit extra and certainly look to tune their cars. Now the JDM models make sense as the new 2.0 Twinscroll engine is much more tuneable and our sources say that it is VERY good . Judging by how impressive the 2.0 GT engine is I can’t wait to get hold of the STI version . The JDM car also gets other changes including Equal length manifold and the 13.1 quick rack Vs the Euro cars 15.1. Changes the mainstream buyer probably won’t notice unless they drove them back to.

There won’t be a Spec C version just yet as the JDM STI will be homologated for Group N rallying to begin with. I know Subaru are working on one but I doubt they will release it until they have learnt from the changes needed for competition.

At the moment alot of the Evo X power claims are just PR spin as some key suppliers haven't even seen the engine/Ecu yet. The new engine is nothing like the durable Iron lump from the previous Evos

Iain
Interesting reply Iain. Thanks.
Old 18 October 2007, 12:55 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm off to Japan shortly to see/try the new STI
Airport handlers are rubbish nowadays f you wan't someone to carry your suitcase, I'm quite strong and available LOL

Now the JDM models make sense as the new 2.0 Twinscroll engine is much more tuneable and our sources say that it is VERY good . Judging by how impressive the 2.0 GT engine is I can’t wait to get hold of the STI version .
Thanks for the Drive in the S-GT, shame I only drove it and before you

Reading a leaked Brochure main differences seem to be

JDM 2.0ltr more tunable so (cheaper Tax) UK 2.5ltr

JDM 13:1 quick Rack UK 15:1 Rack

JDM gets Equal lenth exhaust manifold UK Cast

JDM Seats(cloth &Tricot) UK (leather alcantara) UK & JDM Recardo's optional extras

JDM steer wheel audio controls optional UK Standard

JDMs Headlamp washers and levellers are optional UK Standard

hopefully It shouldn't take to long,

The EVO X looked absolutely gob smacking in concept form, a lot of peeps are going to be dis-appointed when the see what "They" get in the flesh, IIRC it is also is quite a bit lardier than earlier EVO's

IMHO

Tony
Old 18 October 2007, 01:16 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

I quite like the look of the new sti.
Old 18 October 2007, 03:00 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T5NYW
Time to start hiding the wife hairdressing money

Tony
nerr, just tip the "dancers" with fivers not twenties.
Old 18 October 2007, 04:52 PM
mickp
Scooby Regular

Iain
Come on Iain Get them prices up

I must have checked your website 20 times today
Old 18 October 2007, 06:45 PM
mickp
Scooby Regular

Just read my e-mails

Thanks
Old 18 October 2007, 07:41 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

Dont worry about the car getting 276bhp for 27k. id worry about the speed of the depreciation !! 27k -16k in 5 months NOW THATS FAST !!
Old 18 October 2007, 08:08 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

Originally Posted by THOMO
Dont worry about the car getting 276bhp for 27k. id worry about the speed of the depreciation !! 27k -16k in 5 months NOW THATS FAST !!

My Impreza with 320 bhp and a fully rebuilt engine cost 6k all in. I'll never ever buy another new Impreza, depreciation is swingeing.
Old 20 October 2007, 01:16 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

I was tempted to trade in my MY06 Type-RA for the new MY08 STI but I want the more driver focused models and as such will wait for the Spec C version. Hopefully it won't be too long in the making.
Old 21 October 2007, 08:31 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

FWIW Evo seem to think Subaru are working on a facelift already.