Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Opinions - Rally Graphics... Are they....

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2007, 07:32 AM
scoobyhunt07
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Opinions - Rally Graphics... Are they....

I am heavliy into motorsport and have always been seduced the look of motorsport graphics etc.., I ahve had it on all my cars.
I am also a designer & Freelancer designer, so I have found it a good way to improve business communications/Marketing etc..

I have a 1995 wrx silver classis and am wanting graphics.
I am looking to go with 17" Gloss Black Team Dynamics alloys, so Ideally I want the garphics to be black or silver.(Or poss blue also, depending if I decide on mudflaps)

My main questions IS: Is the classic Rally graphics too 'old' now in terms of style? I persoanlly LOVE it, but i know lately there are alot of 'chv's' just smacking them on with lexus lights etc.., chrome alloys etc.. and thats not the look nor the intention I want to go for.

Basically alittle Poll,

Classic Rally graphics

Cusco Rally graphics

Custom Rally graphics

No graphics..

If you can submit your opinion, with images etc.. that would be ideal.

Its a hard one, as I need to get it right, aas I need to get more clients on board

Thanks in advance

JQ
Old 06 October 2007, 07:45 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Nothing wrong with graphics

Old 06 October 2007, 07:53 AM
darrens_here
Scooby Regular

JQ,

As a designer, for sure you have valid reasons for the graphics.

Personally, they are not for me. I much prefer a clean car, one colour, let the lines of the car do the talking. Obvioulsy each to their own, but Im not one for grapics or "works paint schemes" whatever they are called.

Im the same with bikes, my bike, is one colour, only grapics are the standard stickers, cant be doing with all the "race reps" out their.....

Just my opinion. That said, if its done well, can look ok, just not for me....

Last edited by darrens_here; 06 October 2007 at 07:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06 October 2007, 09:02 AM
ScoobyMaz
Scooby Regular

not for me either, but I do like the look if done right. Silver cars look good with black grahics though.
Old 06 October 2007, 09:16 AM
Rae
Scooby Regular

personally rally decals look great on blue .other colours not sure about .so i went for something differant
http://forums.sidc.co.uk/uploads/118...8_12_27669.jpg
Old 06 October 2007, 09:26 AM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

dont bother, if you really really REALLY have too, then design your own with influences from rallysport etc. Funnily enough one of the best things to do is get yourself one of the modding games on the playstation like need for speed.

But whatever you do dont just stick graphics on a car with standard wheels standard ride height and so on, you onlyhave to have a look at the visual impact of the newage WRC car with graphics as apose to a standard car with graphics
Old 06 October 2007, 10:44 AM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Personally i think the WRC graphics are to much on a road going car considering that its not a unique thing to have anymore with so many road cars now having them, the only time that graphics have worked for me is on the Tommi Makinen evo as it doesn`t take up the whole car and they look right, the Subaru WRC onces are to much in your face and are a bit loud colour wise for a road car.

If you feel the need to have some graphics then why not design some of your own which are fairly low key and are advertising your company.
Old 06 October 2007, 11:24 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I have a mix and match of various seasons on mine and I love them, plus the car stands out like a sore thumb here in Germany!! There is one pic of mine in my plus profile.
Old 06 October 2007, 11:44 AM
scooby0809
Scooby Regular

I agree that on a car that looks very standard 16" wheels standard ride hieght etc etc it can look very wrong with bad ebay graphics but! when its done right a mix of wrc graphics can look very nice imho i for one think Wurzel's car looks fooking great now i want some lol
Old 06 October 2007, 03:51 PM
scoobyhunt07
Scooby Regular

Very interesting feedback, its all about getting the balance between mods vs visual graphics.
Old 06 October 2007, 04:02 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Really is down to the individual,on a road car though personally just makes me think these days attention seeker sorry folks thats got em but as if an impreza aint different enough (noise,styling etc)its like look at me ive got a rally car when errr blatantly its not its got the same/simular graphics thats just about where simularities end like i say im sure the masses that love em will be on my case and if they like em fine but im much for the cleaner newer look-just my opinion if you want a definitive answer yes/no are rally graphics chav i think maybe they are now.
Old 06 October 2007, 06:27 PM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

To me rally graphics are for wannabe rally drivers that will never get near a stage so this is the next best thing for them, they look so chavish.
Old 06 October 2007, 06:30 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
To me rally graphics are for wannabe rally drivers that will never get near a stage so this is the next best thing for them, they look so chavish.
I've got rally graphics and i dont want to be a rally driver(formula 1 for me)