Guages

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2000, 12:44 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi folks.

I've been thinking for a while that I might get some guages for my MY00 Impreza Turbo, but I have a couple of questions. How easy are these things to fit for the "mechanically challenged ", and if this proves tricky, does anyone know of dealer in the Swindon / Newbury area that they would trust to fit them? Also, does the fitting of the sensors invalidate any warranties?

I'd quite like to get a centre pod with 3 guages as well as a pillar mounter boost guage, but have yet to see one that matches the existing interior sufficiently well. Has anyone seen the scoobymania one in the flesh, (it's a bit tricky to make out the details in the small pic on their website)?

Cheers,
Iain
Old 12 December 2000, 01:48 PM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

I use 'Park Lane' in Alton as they import loads of Jap cars and seem to be pretty clued up. They are going to fit 3 HKS gauges on the centre pod - you can get cheaper gauges but I dont think they look nearly as good. Can give you details if you want.
Old 12 December 2000, 07:09 PM
Andrew O'Hara
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Iain,
The HKS guages do look good but are quite expensive, probably the best part of £450-£500 for the guages alone,(this is what I was quoted for them) I think a lot of the guys who have had guages fitted have used Autometer Phantom guages (white dials, red needles & back lit green) and this is what I went for £160 for 3 guages, which have been mounted in the original Subaru pod. I bought my guages from Real Steel in Uxbridge, 01895 440505 you can also see them on
Old 12 December 2000, 09:11 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks Guys.

Trigger, I'm going to try and find someone a bit closer to home, but I'd be grateful if you could forward me the details anyway (just in case ).

Andrew, the Autometer guages sound very tempting You mention you have had them fitted to the original Subaru pod. Does this mean that you can get an official pod from a Subaru dealer (I've found no mention of this anywhere)?

Cheers again,
Iain
Old 13 December 2000, 12:04 AM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Iain - yes, there is an official pod that Subaru produces. It then needs holes cutting for the gauges (whichever you go for). That is why some gauges are a bit too big to fit - the HKS and Autometer gauges both fit nicely though.
Old 13 December 2000, 12:08 AM
Ade
Scooby Regular

Do Scoobymania have the Auto Meter gauges in stock? Or are they imported to order?

A mate ordered from Reel Steel weeks ago and is still waiting.

Ade.
Old 13 December 2000, 12:15 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

I ordered a Ultra Lite boost gauge from Reel Steel, and recieved it in two days.

Although I did check whether they had it in stock as well.

Cheers
Andy
Old 13 December 2000, 12:19 AM
Mike Rainbird
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Check out
Old 13 December 2000, 12:20 AM
b1orj
Scooby Newbie

Talking

Hi Iain,

I have a 3 gauge pod fitted by Van Aaken Developments in Crowthorne near Reading. The kit comes from Graham Goode Racing and they have photos on their web site.

The cost me about £350 supplied and fitted and the pod is a very good match for the interior trim.

Rod
Old 13 December 2000, 12:55 AM
RaymondH
Scooby Regular

Trigger,

Are you saying that the Autometer gauges fit without distorting the Subaru pod? I have 2 GGR gauges in that pod and they were a swine to fit, involving a lot of fiddly cutting and I could only get 2 in rather than the 3 I wanted. If what you say is correct the Autometer 52mm (2 1/16") must have a smaller bezel than the same size GGR stuff. Can anybody confirm that?

Raymond.
Old 13 December 2000, 08:37 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I too have the Phantom gauges from Scoobymania - 137 quid for boost, oil temp (electrical) and oil pressure (electrical). I'm waiting on the pod and fitting will be done by my local garage (for local people).
Old 13 December 2000, 03:24 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

If autometer do fit in the Subaru pod, I'll kick myself. I'm on the waiting list for Scoobymania's pod because it should be a bit smarter than the Subaru one... ?