Sponsored by:

Finland

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2002, 10:40 AM
zax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Any natives on here? I would be very grateful for a bit of advice.

I'm working in Finland and the scoob is resting in the UK. Seems like a waste to me, so was thinking of coming home, fetching the car and bringing it over for some snowy fun. Would also allow me to do a bit more exploring at the weekends. Was wondering what things I would have to consider...

Travel - ferry from UK to Sweden but then what? Drive to Stockholm then another ferry to Helsinki? How long should this take?

Tyres - don't think my summer tyres would be much use here at the moment. What's best, buy some in the UK and fit them on arrival or arrive as is and slide around looking for some?

The car - do you guys do anything unusual to cope with the cold (antifreeze, oil etc.) or should a normal UK car manage as it is?

Servicing/repairs - Is there a Subaru dealer in Helsinki? I've only ever seen one Impreza round here...

General things - anything else I should know about driving a UK registered car in a foreign country? I've always rented in the past.

And finally is it all really worth the trouble for a period of approximately two months?