Sponsored by:

Attention Stef - Prodrive Live 26 January

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2002, 08:45 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Question

As you are going to post this up on here and the SIDC today it won't be giving anything away.....

I am on the list for the next event.

I STILL haven't seen an accurate and detailed list of the day's events anywhere (and even the Prodrive website says nothing).

I understand that you may or may not have to use your own car for some of the circuit work - if I use my own then I need to know what is involved so I know whether to insure it for the day or not, if I need to bring my track tyres etc.

I have posted this up here as I am sure I will not be the only person to ask this question (someone else asked about a week ago), and it would be useful to have a breakdown of the day's event from the organiser so people can make an informed decision to go or not. I for one do not just want to part with my £295 without knowing what is involved.

Cheers
Old 07 January 2002, 09:11 AM
Jason uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Good point! Do we need track day insurance?

J uk
Old 07 January 2002, 10:49 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would definately be helpful.

I have picked the brains of someone who went last time, but a more official description of the day's events/timetable would help.

Josh
Old 07 January 2002, 11:53 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

I was the only person (to my knowledge) that arranged insurance. You'll be using your car for slippery surface (nothing really to hit) - autotest (likewise) & will spend a short (20 - 30 mins??? 60mins absolute max) on their airfield circuit. I didn't take on much cover & it's an airfield, so not too much to hit. There is one place that if you left the track, you might dig in the grass & roll. Also, as track time was limited, it wasn't a full day rate.

I was definately the only person to take spare rubber (much to the amusement of the PD people ) but I would suggest that if you want to maximise your (short) track time, then it'd be a good idea. Further amazement on PD's part when I changed front pads and all 4 wheels back to roads in 18 minutes - Thanks for the assist DJ!