Sponsored by:

Petrol prices!

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2007, 03:37 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Petrol prices!

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

We are hitting 99p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a litre. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work.
Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea: For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at ESSO or BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE
It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.
Old 26 July 2007, 03:45 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you one of the same PAIN IN THE ****'s that forwards this email to everyone else too even though its been doing the rounds for nearly 4 years now?
Old 26 July 2007, 03:47 PM
Drift_King
Scooby Regular

If only everyone would follow a plan like this...trouble is we live in Britain and we do things the British way. Shame we don't follow the French when it comes to things like this (about the only thing they do that I would say that about). Maybe someone should set up pickett lines at a certain petrol supplier (not the refinery) pointing people to an alternative.

PS. I'm happy to continue avoiding all suppliers other than Shell
Old 26 July 2007, 04:13 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [Davey]
Are you one of the same PAIN IN THE ****'s that forwards this email to everyone else too even though its been doing the rounds for nearly 4 years now?
Are you one of those ****** that replies to a post with a negative comment
Old 26 July 2007, 04:14 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Drift_King
If only everyone would follow a plan like this...trouble is we live in Britain and we do things the British way. Shame we don't follow the French when it comes to things like this (about the only thing they do that I would say that about). Maybe someone should set up pickett lines at a certain petrol supplier (not the refinery) pointing people to an alternative.

PS. I'm happy to continue avoiding all suppliers other than Shell
Me too matey!
Old 26 July 2007, 04:20 PM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

And how in hell will fuel get down to 69p/litre when about 65p/litre is tax, get real and what a total waste of time...

The best everyon can do is make sure they fill up at the cheapest local station, so the message gets across we won't pay over the odds, then they will all strive to be the cheapest to get the business, far more effective than this idea which would mean (if it actually happened) that the two boycotted would be the cheapest (to try and keep volumes up) whilst the rest cashed in on the extra custom!

Simon
Old 26 July 2007, 04:20 PM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

I presume you are aware that most of the price you pay for petrol goes to the government, and not to OPEC or the oil companies? If it weren't for outrageous taxes, our petrol would cost the same as it does in the US, or therabouts...

<edit: rookie beat me to it, but makes much the same point>

Trending Topics

Old 26 July 2007, 04:22 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by every1sgottablue1
Are you one of those ****** that replies to a post with a negative comment
Evidently!
Old 26 July 2007, 04:23 PM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

not this deluded enconomics nonsense again

it's badly flawed logic striaght from the brain of a five year old

have a really good think about it then you can drive a bus through all the holes in this argument
Old 26 July 2007, 04:25 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Loving the Google ads at the bottom of this thread!

One of them is advertising "BP Ultimate - The most advanced high performance fuel ever sold on UK forecourts"

The very thing you are trying to boycott and you are helping advertise it!
Old 26 July 2007, 05:08 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Whats

The point of this? Its been asked of all car drivers for so many years now and what difference has it made..........NONE.
As for the £1 a litre Ive been paying that for ages as its the superunleaded 'norm' these days in fact I wish I was only paying a £1 instead of £1.02
It never works it never works it never works.
The sentement is great but I think wasted in this economic climate of ****e
Old 26 July 2007, 05:58 PM
klunker
Scooby Regular

Opec have agreed that an acceptable price for a barrel of crude is $60 instead of the current $75ish so they will agree to increase production.

This should drive the price down to around 82p per litre........BUT
In October the fuel tax calculator will start up again and prices will be back up where they are now.

And don't bet on the Petrol companies passing the lower price of crude onto the pumps. They'll milk it as long as they can.

Welcome to Rip -off Britain.