Sponsored by:

Looking for some advice on JDM STi 7's

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2007, 06:39 PM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some advice on JDM STi 7's

Guys, having sold my MY99 some years ago to have an Evo8, which I have subsequently also sold, I have the opportunity to buy a 2002 JDM STi.

Car is very tidy generally and goes quite well, had a drive in it today and not as loon as my old Evo in power delivery, but still very fast. But, you have got to love the noise it makes!!

A few things with it though which I particularly wanted to get some advice on, but also any general thoughts on them.

The tyres are all but shot, so will need some new rubber, I've always used Pirelli P Zero's - assimetricos on my Scoob and Zero Nero's on my Evo - would these still be a good choice for it?

There is nothing in the double DIN at the moment, so would need to fill it up. I've no real desire to put a whizzy hifi in, so is it easy enough to get hold of a "blank" or a "cubby hole" to fill the extra slot?

Also, looks as though it had non-standard brakes in Japan, which were removed, as it only has "subaru" logo brakes and not the Brembo's which should be there. What would people recommend if I was going to replace disks and pads?

As I said any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Matt