whiteline bits

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2007, 07:04 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whiteline bits

guys can anyone help me

i am just reaserching into whiteline goodies, can anyone please fill me in in what stuff i would need and to what benifits i would see from having them fitted?

i am searching the previous threads but just wanted some one to give me the heads up on it all

thanks

steve
Old 24 July 2007, 07:19 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

First step would be rear anti-roll bar and rear drop links. This will lessen understeer. Next step anti-lift kit which will improve further and give better traction out of bends. Next is front roll bar, but not sure what benefit that gives as I've heard it pucks back some understeer!
Old 24 July 2007, 07:51 PM
Flix
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark'sWRX
First step would be rear anti-roll bar and rear drop links. This will lessen understeer. Next step anti-lift kit which will improve further and give better traction out of bends. Next is front roll bar, but not sure what benefit that gives as I've heard it pucks back some understeer!

This is exactly what I've done to mine, the ALK didn't give any noticable improvement until your pushing really hard in the bends. I would highly reccommend these mods, and also an alignment set up.
Old 25 July 2007, 04:15 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

ok great thanks guys

by the sounds of it all things are to be fitted to the rear?

is the front best to be left alone then?

steve
Old 25 July 2007, 04:47 PM
Flix
Scooby Regular

I have still the standard front ARB. As MarksWRX said, it would re-introduce the understeer, I am going to put stiffer droplinks on soon though.
Old 25 July 2007, 05:13 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

I've only done the rear roll bar and drop links and the difference was instantly noticeable. I can really comment on the ALK or front bar, except for what I've been told which is what Flix said. (The ALK helps but makes less difference).

I agree that a full 4 wheel alignment is a good idea too. I had this done at the same time as the bar, so not sure which made the most difference.
Old 25 July 2007, 05:29 PM
renno rannes
Scooby Regular

Ive Rear anti roll bar , rear drop links, anti lift kit and eibach springs and I have to say it handles very well. Dident expect it to be as good as it is.

Renno
Old 25 July 2007, 05:35 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

ditto the above. i recently had koni adjustable shocks fitted with eibach springs, and steel front and rear whiteline droplinks. wow, what an improvement. stiffest settings on the shocks, and handles excellently. even with waiting for the geometry to be done next week, such an impovement.

next is the rear arb, sort out the understeer. personally thinking of an adjustable for various settings, but for now, happy happy.

andy
Old 25 July 2007, 08:09 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

k thanks guys just looking to finish off my p1 with some new toys under the bonnet and sort the underster out, then that will be my lot as it will need big money from then on
Old 25 July 2007, 09:46 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

I had the ALK fitted to my Spec C whilst at Powerstation the other week. Made a definite improvement to the front end. You don't just think it's better, you can feel it's better. Money well spent IMO.
Old 26 July 2007, 07:00 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MrRA
I had the ALK fitted to my Spec C whilst at Powerstation the other week. Made a definite improvement to the front end. You don't just think it's better, you can feel it's better. Money well spent IMO.
totally agree mate. i didnt expect much change to be honest, but the car feels so much tighter round the bends, over bumps etc.

considering a front strut brace too for extra stiffness
Old 26 July 2007, 08:00 AM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

Fitted.

Front and Rear Arb.
Rear Drop links
Front strut brace.

So far.

totaly transformed the car.

Front drop links
rear strut brace and maybe an anti lift kit but dont really no benifits of those.
Old 26 July 2007, 08:15 AM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

How important is it to get the springs fitted? Do they still make a lot of difference if you have the other things listed above done? I always thought springs were the most influential handling mod but I don't fancy lowering the car much because of the speed bumps popping up around the place.
Old 26 July 2007, 09:21 AM
Flix
Scooby Regular

I have a JDM classic, the springs are stiffer than a UK car,and are stiff enough for the road.
Old 26 July 2007, 10:45 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982
ok great thanks guys

by the sounds of it all things are to be fitted to the rear?

is the front best to be left alone then?

steve
its better to start at the rear
Old 26 July 2007, 12:41 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flaps
How important is it to get the springs fitted? Do they still make a lot of difference if you have the other things listed above done? I always thought springs were the most influential handling mod but I don't fancy lowering the car much because of the speed bumps popping up around the place.
for a uk car, id say pretty important, mainly for body roll. as said above ive got the eibachs on my classic, and its nearly un-noticeable the difference in ride height. maybe 20 mm max front and back. but the lack of body roll from the shocks combined with the springs on bends is quite superb compared to the tired old standard set-up.
Old 26 July 2007, 08:00 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

thanks for all your help guys

if i am to fit a few bits from whiteline (alk,arb amd f/r droplinks) would i need to change the shocks and springs or would the above be enough to make a big difference?

if not what or which make woud be a good replacement for the standard p1 shocks and springs,

i may be wrong in thinking but did prodrive not tweak this?

steve
Old 26 July 2007, 09:16 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982
thanks for all your help guys

if i am to fit a few bits from whiteline (alk,arb amd f/r droplinks) would i need to change the shocks and springs or would the above be enough to make a big difference?

if not what or which make woud be a good replacement for the standard p1 shocks and springs,

i may be wrong in thinking but did prodrive not tweak this?

steve
Personally I would just change what you have listed there first, so that you can appreciate the difference those mods will make, otherwise changing a whole load of things at once may 'dilute' the experience, if you get what I'm trying to say.

Get those bits done and then see how the car feels and whether or not you feel it needs more, then decide on what to fit after that. Some people usually go the whole hog at once though, so it's up to you really.
Old 26 July 2007, 09:20 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Would it also benifit my Spec C? If yes, what difference would I notice? It's a fairly "crashy" ride already seeing as the UK roads are so sh*te ...

TX.

Originally Posted by MrRA
Old 26 July 2007, 09:24 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Would it also benifit my Spec C? If yes, what difference would I notice? It's a fairly "crashy" ride already seeing as the UK roads are so sh*te ...

TX.
It hasn't really changed my ride quality mate (but then again a Spec C isn't about comfort anyway ), but it has made the front end a lot sharper than what it was before, and less face it, they're pretty pointy anyway. There seems to be more grip mid bend and turn in is more eager. Honestly, for £150 for the ALK and then the fitting cost and a four wheel alignment it really is worth it IMO.

I honestly didn't expect it to make as much of a difference that it has done.
Old 26 July 2007, 09:47 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ Re the "pointy" bit I have noticed that the car turns very quickly in to whatever direction the wheel is pointed (sounds a bit dumb as a write this ). Sometimes catches me out as it seems to turn too quickly so I have to correct it a bit by turning back the other way a tad. Sounds normal then? For the £'s that you mention, I'll give it a go

TX.
Old 26 July 2007, 11:39 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
^^ Re the "pointy" bit I have noticed that the car turns very quickly in to whatever direction the wheel is pointed (sounds a bit dumb as a write this ). Sometimes catches me out as it seems to turn too quickly so I have to correct it a bit by turning back the other way a tad. Sounds normal then? For the £'s that you mention, I'll give it a go

TX.
You won't regret it.