P1 goes to France

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2000, 10:44 PM
kurtw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I was in France in my P1 last weekend.

If you think your scoob gets some looks over here, go to France - you wouldn't beleive it!

My car was a constant centre of attention in Fougerolles-du-Plessis where I was staying.

People were even rounding the families up and driving them to where my car was parked to see it.

One night, I heard a screech of brakes and then a car reversing - someone had driven past the car, caught a glimpse and reversed back so they could shine their lights on the car to have a look.

One lady nearly ran off the road because she was too busy looking at my motor and not watching the road. After that, I moved it.

Go there - it's fun and the roads are brilliant, safe and empty.

By the way, for the benefit of the debate - P1's are the mutts nutts!
Old 05 December 2000, 12:11 AM
andyo
Scooby Regular

I went to Roeslare in Belgium to se a frien competing in the Tour of Flanders Rally as part of the Peugeot 106 championship that he won! and my P1 drew loads of attenmtion even compared to the rally cars.

Parked at the end of ons stage a group of 15 rally fans spent longer inspecting every detail of the car badges interior than they spent looking at the rally cars on the stage

Also at traffic lights a guy towing a caravan behind an Omega pulled up nex t to me wound down his window, put hi thump up and pointed to me to wind my window down.
As iwound the window down he smiled and shouted " Give it some revs mister!"
The power of the scoobysport rear box!!

Andy

Old 05 December 2000, 12:52 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
In reply to Kurtw's original posting, I have a LHD Scooby Turbo in Metallic San Remo Blue with the yellow Subaru and Pirelli Rally stickers all over it, I have driven it in Germany, Belgium, France and the UK, every country I have been in it has turned heads and had people pointing, waving and showing amazing interest. Are these cars a new thing in mainland Europe as people seem to look at them as though the Millenium Falcon has just landed. Also if you think the roads in France are good you should try coming to Germany where you can realy see haw fast your UK Spec cars are.
Old 05 December 2000, 08:39 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

I'm surprised that Subaru UK haven't converted some to LHD, to help clear the decks.

I'm sure they would sell well if they did.
Old 05 December 2000, 10:08 AM
RVeiga
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sounds good!

I'm over the pond in Feb (drving from North to South). & Nub Ring in March

Looking forward to it, perhaps having a bit of fun with the Moneybags fraternity