Sponsored by:

still no select monitor cable

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2007, 11:36 AM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still no select monitor cable

please can someone in the know tell me why i cant find the yellow select monitor cable on my 98 uk terzo? i have looked a few times now but can only see 1 yellow connector which looks like it (8 wires i think) but it is already connected to a clear connector which then goes into another connector which goes back into the loom somewhere! was the 98 terzo different in any way! found the test conectors very easily but no select monitor

need to find out one way or another as i have a very patient guy waiting to sell me an ecu monitor which connects to the yellow connector. starting to find out now how much of a mistake it was to buy my98 as it is a pain regarding ecu issues and diagnostics.

dont understand why subaru messed around with so many different versions of one car

Last edited by jbabrh; 21 June 2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 21 June 2007, 04:49 PM
euan_r
Scooby Regular

my facelift 98 has the socket mounted in lower dash cover under the steering wheel. more or less straight down from coin tray. yours pre face lift?
Old 21 June 2007, 05:18 PM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

think its face lift model it has the passanger air bag and mommo steering wheel also has the nifty dash compartment. it does not however have the obd2 connector which is under the steering wheel built in to the dash but does have the socket there to take the obd2 i have looked in the manual and can see a data link conector is this a form of select monitor connector as i have found a black connector taped up in the same little loom as the test connectors, and looks like its been taped up there from new, it has 4 wires going to it. please help any one with a terzo who could have a look
Old 21 June 2007, 05:28 PM
euan_r
Scooby Regular

select monitor connects through obd2 socket as far as im aware. sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

edit: up to facelift connected through yellow socket. facelift onwards obd2. your is facelift by the sounds of it.

Last edited by euan_r; 21 June 2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 21 June 2007, 10:52 PM
jbabrh
Scooby Regular

yer think it is facelift but def no obd socket