Sponsored by:

New 2003 Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2001, 05:42 PM
mrdeli
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ps . Also all new Model due in 2006

All revealed in Jan 2002 - errr... I'm pretty sure it was Autocar mag. Anyone else any more news on this?
Old 28 December 2001, 09:00 AM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
Yeah, also saw this in Autocar. Seems that Subaru are 'disappointed' with the sales of the current model, and the main reason seems to be down to the styling. According to the article, Prodrive are involved with the redesign - well, facelift really - and most of the body panels will be changed. No mention of any mechanical changes, so it must mean they're keeping the floorpan/bodyshell/suspension of the current one. There weren't any pictures or artists impressions, just a big front photo of the current model, and a smaller picture of the 'classic' Impreza front.
Old 28 December 2001, 03:53 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

Did they say when in 2003 it will be out? Was thinking of swopping my car tail end of next year, so may be worth hanging out for the face lift.

greg
Old 28 December 2001, 11:12 PM
Mike Owen
Scooby Regular

I can't see this myself. Confused! If as the article said in Autocar (lifted from the internet almost word for word from what I could see... So much for their comment about "our" insider in Japan... B@LLOCKS is a word that comes to mind) it's to be available early 2003........ Then this must be the MY03 and this in theory at least, is available Nov/Dec the previous year. So I can't see myself how they could be going to change much with such a short "lead time". Because if panels are changing etc. then the production line, tools etc. have to be set up and that aint a quick job. Unless of course, this has been in the pipeline for some months already. Even then, I can't quite see how they could put through any radical changes in such a short time.

My guess is... new lights, lowered, better spoiler (not difficult that one!). O'yes... and maybe a Prodrive badge or two. If it sounds like I'm being cynical, it's because I am. We still pay FAR TO MUCH for our cars over here. It's still rip off Britain as far as I'm concerned.

Enjoy.................

PS. I'm also going to be pretty p1ssed, if they stretch the service interval next year but don't back date it to earlier models.

[Edited by Mike Owen - 12/28/2001 11:17:17 PM]