Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1 worth its value!

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2000, 07:44 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read recently that the P1 left the 22b for dead on the track under testing!!!( not sure which track or conditions).
I came from a 285bhp gti-r (4.7 0-60 166mph test proven,1.1bar) and did not think much at all of your scoobs after i finally got the chance to compare on motorways and b-roads.
Until i seen and drove the P1!!!!!
I am by no means well off at all!!!! but at the end of the day nobody`s money is really their own due to having to live.
But all i see is you people slating the P1 due to its cost.
I sold my gti-r to my friend and we take them out on a regular basis, and believe me their is not much in it at all until we get to some serious bends, that alone is worth the £30000 or so.
Stone chips, wheels, spoilers so what everycar you all own will have stonechips but it really dosent put you off the car does it? If so buy a SHOGUN or DISCOVERY if you want a sheer thrill if desired then buy a P1 and worry about money or niggly problems when your with our heavenly father.
Just think yourselves lucky if you own one it could be worse it could be a Renault.
Old 30 November 2000, 07:46 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Cool

Come on then views and verdicts please???
You know you cant resist!!!!!!
Old 30 November 2000, 08:01 PM
mattski
Scooby Regular

Interesting post... I see what you mean wrt stone chips, scratches etc. They are annoying more than anything, they certainly don't change my enjoyment of the car, as long as I don't look at them

I considered a GTi-R when I was getting something new but opted for a 94 WRX. I love it to bits. No, it's not a P1 or STi but it is still something that bit different, something special.

What I love about owning it too is the amount of comradery Impreza owners have. I know of no other car like this, possibly with the exception of VW beetles... Interestingly, GTi-R and EVO owners all tend to wave, kinda like a a mutual love of something a bit different.

If I could get a P1 I would get one tomorrow, if I get one I want to buy it outright, cash, I just haven't got it...yet... and to be honest I'm quit happy with the WRX, just don't let me drive one or that's it !

I think the next thing I would get would be an STi5/P1 or perhaps and EVO 5/6. The choice would probably be an Impreza tho, the noise they make is something else

my two pence worth...
Old 30 November 2000, 08:27 PM
NIGE K
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

After 5000 stunning miles of mind blowing ability the P1 is definitly both of the dog's b*ll*cks. OK so I have a couple of stone chips an the odd rattle but what the hell, this is heaven.

Nige K
Old 30 November 2000, 09:13 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

P1 heaven. Are we really talkin value for money. Lets not eh.
Dont start me off now........
Old 30 November 2000, 09:18 PM
Bright Kar
Scooby Regular

Ok, Im the dumbass ..... whats a GTI-R ?

bkar (the dumbass)
Old 30 November 2000, 10:21 PM
DaveW
Scooby Regular

bkar,

GTI-R = Nissan Sunny (or Pulsar if its an import) with AWD 2 litre turbo. Brakes are the only weak point (so I've been told).

Jason,

Don't worry about value for money mate. Its smiles per mile your after And your P1 delivers those in bucket fulls. Nearly as many as my Standard (!) UK model

DaveW
Old 30 November 2000, 10:26 PM
NIGE K
Scooby Regular

Heaven
Depends what you are comparing aginst!!
M5/S4/911/355 etc
I've had a few decent motors but nothing has attracted as much attention or given back as much exhilaration as the P1

Nige K
Old 30 November 2000, 10:34 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Cool

Each to his own but.....

I Love mine
Old 30 November 2000, 11:13 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks for your replies people,i just had to get some things off my chest!!!
SAFE (but fast) DRIVING!
regards
JASON B.
Old 30 November 2000, 11:24 PM
buddy
Scooby Regular

Jason,
I own an sti v5 type r 2, and belive the only extra costs in a p1 are for the warranties.It is a great car and no better or worse than mine.
Buddy,
Old 01 December 2000, 12:24 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Me and the P1 have made up.. makes for a great drive into work! And my local dealer has restored my faith that the niggly things will get sorted with out too much fuss.

cheers, Alex
Old 01 December 2000, 08:04 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

This argument is just a recycled version of the one we had when the RB5 came out. Vis a Vis RB5 versus STi , Now it's P1 vs STi.

Does it matter ?

I owned a MY96 , an RB5 and now drive a P1 and have enjoyed them I would equally love an STi.

You Pays Your Money you makes your choice.

IT's Still AN IMPREZA at the end of the day and thats what this BBS was originally set up for i.e. IMPREZA Enthusiasts.

It will occur when the next UK special/limited edition comes out, which I have heard is gonna be quite special.
Old 01 December 2000, 12:04 PM
matt_d
Scooby Regular

Compared to a normal scoob or STi, it's expensive - I think everyone agrees with that. If you want best bang per buck, buy a 2nd hand standard scoob and add the PPP and tweak the suspension etc etc. If you want a good road/track dual performer get an STi. If you want to the best scoob (maybe even best car) for UK country roads with excellent performance & ride, friendly but enjoyable handling, 3 years warranty, and you don't intend to sell for 3 years plus (and/or you don't care about the depreciation), get a P1. A question of how much 30k is worth to you I guess.

Remember Evo mag rated the P1 above the Evo VI/RS/Exreme, STi 6, Rb5, and 22b (also above the Porsche Boxster). True they are just a few motor enthusiasts but they are probably the only mag that take cars out and really bomb round some of the best back roads in Britain and give a *real-world* verdict, NOT just fall for fastest 0-100 time/best power to weight ratio (Evo extreme), or most grip (Evo RS) or most glamour (22b). They are not afraid to rate a Pug 306 Rallye above a Nissan Skyline or RB5 above an AM DB7 or BMW M5, and the chances are its because they are better cars, from the point of driver fun/satisfaction, to drive on the best roads in Britain.
Old 01 December 2000, 12:20 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by DaveW:
<B>bkar,

GTI-R = Nissan Sunny (or Pulsar if its an import) with AWD 2 litre turbo. Brakes are the only weak point (so I've been told).

Jason,

Don't worry about value for money mate. Its smiles per mile your after And your P1 delivers those in bucket fulls. Nearly as many as my Standard (!) UK model

DaveW[/quote]

WHAT ABOUT THE INTERWARMER.

Old 01 December 2000, 12:23 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by buddy:
<B>Jason,
I own an sti v5 type r 2, and belive the only extra costs in a p1 are for the warranties.It is a great car and no better or worse than mine.
Buddy,[/quote]
I WOULD RATHER HAVE YOURS BUDDY THAN A P1

Old 01 December 2000, 06:27 PM
PAUL GEE
Scooby Regular

"I read recently that the P1 left the 22b for dead on the track under testing!!!( not sure which track or conditions)."

Maybe on a really sh**e pot holed B road, but on a track, I very much doubt it!!