Pulled for driving a Scoob

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2007, 12:32 AM
Jeremy'sOtherMum
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled for driving a Scoob

Hey all,

Well it's finally happened - after 3 years of owning a scoob, I've been pulled over (blocked in & interogated) by the police because of the car I drive.

I used to post on here as Jeremy's mum a couple of years ago, but got sidetracked... yet this is where I return to when I need comfort!

I was parking outside my house, they told me there had been an assault on the Epsom road (Guildford) near the petrol station, and the attackers made away in a Blue Subaru with a spoiler. He pointed at my (MY03 original ironing board excuse for a spoiler) and agreed when I pointed out that it wasn't a particularly large example.

Hmmm, a blue scoob with a spoiler, how incredibly rare!

Anyway, if you have a blue scoob and live near Guildford, expect a tug. And if you're the person who committed the assault that led to the police pulling me over and spoiling my evening, I hope you get caught and banned for life. But it was probably some 20 year old in a pimped up GX who'll wear his ASBO with pride...

Evening All,

Ollie
Old 10 June 2007, 01:04 AM
Jeremy'sOtherMum
Scooby Newbie

Aww, c'mon guys, not even some online sympathy?!?! I'm still a bit upset!!!
Old 10 June 2007, 02:04 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Awwwwwwwwwww!!

Serious though dude, 3 years without a tug round there, you did well lol

Sayin that, not been stopped in mine yet, thats been 6 months.
Maybe the new one will bring worse luck for me lol
Old 10 June 2007, 09:07 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

7 Years and no tug for me ...................

Nothing wrong with a pull, and to call it interrorgation is a bit strong (tell that to those in some Saudi Prison!!)
Old 10 June 2007, 09:28 AM
misty
Scooby Regular

Nothing wrong with a pull, and to call it interrorgation is a bit strong (tell that to those in some Saudi Prison!!)
Good point Pete, and rather well put across if you ask me!!!
Dave
Old 10 June 2007, 09:28 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

I think the one and only time I got stopped in the scoob was for speeding... now there's a surprise.

Andy
Old 10 June 2007, 09:38 AM
dreamer_girl
Scooby Regular

Sorry but I don't see any problem here; suspect was driving a blue scoob, you were driving a blue scoob, you were innocent, end of story !
Old 10 June 2007, 10:09 PM
Jeremy'sOtherMum
Scooby Newbie

Well, the problem for me is that I like to live a quiet life, where I potter along minding my own business, leave others alone & get left alone. I'm not criticising the police, they were doing their best to catch a criminal... (oh, the definition of "interrogate" is: "To examine by questioning formally or officially" which is pretty accurate).

It really did spoil my evening, and I guess it just bothered me that there's a certain type of person who drives a scoob & gives the rest of us a bad name.
Old 10 June 2007, 10:52 PM
dreamer_girl
Scooby Regular

So you don't want them to question anybody driving a motor like the one the attacker was driving?

They don't know you were minding your own business, or not until they stopped you and questioned you anyway

But you're right - there is a certain type of person and it does give the car a bad name.
Old 10 June 2007, 10:53 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Not a particularly nice experience, but no harm done. I hope they were polite and courteous. A positive may come of of it in the fact that the police now know you and the car and if they see the car being driven by someone else they are likely to pull it even if it appears to be being driven sensibly.
Old 10 June 2007, 10:57 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

you wernt in an unlit car-park by any chance Pete
Old 10 June 2007, 11:22 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

I was pulled over today too !

Razzed it downhill on a short, empty section of dual carriageway - only to see an Astra copcar driving in the other direction. I turned onto the motorway sliproad, only to find that said copcar had turned round and followed me (I'd slowed down). He came behind me on the slip road ; I knew the game was up -

So....he pulled alongside me, said "Keep the speed down mate" - I said (meekly) "Ok" and he drove off ! I then drove along the motorway at an obsequious 60mph ! What a jolly decent fellow.

Last edited by andythejock01wrx; 10 June 2007 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10 June 2007, 11:39 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx

Razzed it downhill on a short, empty section of dual carriageway - only to see an Astra copcar driving in the other direction. I turned onto the motorway sliproad, only to find that said copcar had turned round and followed me (I'd slowed down). He came behind me on the slip road ; I knew the game was up -

So....he pulled alongside me, said "Keep the speed down mate" - I said (meekly) "Ok" and he drove off ! I then drove along the motorway at an obsequious 60mph ! What a jolly decent fellow.
rather decent of him - old bean
Old 10 June 2007, 11:54 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
rather decent of him - old bean
Old 11 June 2007, 12:06 AM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Smile

I have never been stopped in the scoob for 5 years. Except last Tuesday on the way back from work on the A38 by an unmarked ford police car.
Cautioned whilst waiting for the lights to change, had to roll the passenger window down to be told how close I was to £60 & 3 points. Watch your speed.

Ticky
Old 11 June 2007, 12:59 AM
finnigan5823
Scooby Regular

What police force was it cos northumbria police are the worst,no leyway when your car is faster than theres
Old 11 June 2007, 08:23 AM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jeremy'sOtherMum
Well, the problem for me is that I like to live a quiet life, where I potter along minding my own business, leave others alone & get left alone. I'm not criticising the police, they were doing their best to catch a criminal... (oh, the definition of "interrogate" is: "To examine by questioning formally or officially" which is pretty accurate).

It really did spoil my evening, and I guess it just bothered me that there's a certain type of person who drives a scoob & gives the rest of us a bad name.
Were you cautioned then, otherwise I would call it harmless questioning, you would complain if you had been mugged and they didn't stop any blue scoob they saw! I've been stopped twice for similar reasons and I'd rather they did that than let the scumbags run loose to do it again!

Simon
Old 11 June 2007, 08:34 AM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ticky
I have never been stopped in the scoob for 5 years. Except last Tuesday on the way back from work on the A38 by an unmarked ford police car.
Cautioned whilst waiting for the lights to change, had to roll the passenger window down to be told how close I was to £60 & 3 points. Watch your speed.

Ticky
I got 2x 3 points on that stretch!
Old 11 June 2007, 08:38 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeremy'sOtherMum
Hey all,
and the attackers made away in a Blue Subaru with a spoiler.
I bet they had a busy night

I can see it now...

Officer A: Theres one, theres one!
Officer B: For god sake make up your mind!

I used to get it ALLLLL the time!! Years ago I had a Rosso Red XR3i Cabriolet and I would get pulled over atleast once a week sometimes twice, I had an amazing collection of producer slips.. I had never actually done anything wrong but the police seemed to just love pulling me over wether it be day time, night time, weekends or weekdays there was no prejudice
Old 11 June 2007, 10:45 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by pslewis

*Engage Airplane mode*

Pete,

Have you ever been in a Turkish Prison??
Old 11 June 2007, 10:45 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

The number of these cars that appear to be getting stolen i'm surprised you dont all get stopped at least once a day
Old 11 June 2007, 11:05 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I never got stopped in the seven years of scoob ownership

But then I never did anything to draw attention to myself....silver car, tasteful alloys, no graphics, sensible exhaust and a low level spoiler. It makes a huge difference IMO to sticking out like a sore thumb and blending in...which is what I like....Those who don't know squat about imprezas thinks its a sport with a scoop fitted, whilst those who do know enough about them will know its the real deal....it could have 350bhp under the bonnet (well ok, it didn't, but it easily could have if I wanted to spend that much cash on it).

Downside of the above is every new-age driving rally wannabe sees it and thinks "Standard classic - easy pickings" so race up my **** like it was fitted with some form of immensly powerful super-magnet. Get a life, you mid-lifer

However, I'm now getting my comeuppance, everyone's attention is attracted to the Monaro. From those who know nothing about cars to the plod, and the boot also has the same magnetic effect to newage mid-life crisis rally wannabes. And nobody, and I mean nobody lets me out in traffic...except some chav in a bashed up Saxo paying me respect, who then wants to race me on a clear road...arrrgh!

Interestingly, everytime I've been stopped by plod I was driving a mundane car (Rover 216, Nissan Sunny, Citroen Berlingo etc. ).

Except for the time when I was in a layby in my XR3 and my idiot mate was running around waving a pair of my shorts in the air whilst a police car was passing ...<cue drug search>
Old 11 June 2007, 08:11 PM
Jeremy'sOtherMum
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by The rookie
Were you cautioned then, otherwise I would call it harmless questioning, you would complain if you had been mugged and they didn't stop any blue scoob they saw! I've been stopped twice for similar reasons and I'd rather they did that than let the scumbags run loose to do it again!

Simon
No, not cautioned, but my extensive research from watching Bravo leads me to believe that you are legally obliged to give your name when asked by a police man/woman... so it part of an official process, therefore Pete's pedantry is ill-informed (gosh). I think you're thinking of torture Pete, not interrogation, although the sound similiar.

You're absolutely right Simon, it's a relatively small inconvenience compared to what the victim of the assault went through (probably), and I'm really not criticising the police. I guess I'm just fed up with what I have to go through owning a scoob - it's been keyed 3 times this year, and when I'm also getting my time wasted (and blocked in mid manouvre, and my feathers ruffled for the evening), I start to question my commitment to Scoobyness.
Old 12 June 2007, 12:05 AM
donnas roo
Scooby Regular

You are all moaning about being pulled, if you think about it, it's a good thing unless you are not legal.
If your car had been stolen surely you would want all blue scoobs to be pulled over and questioned. Wouldn't you, the guy was only making an enquiry he didn't bang you in the cells for driving one. Deal with it and stop moaning.
Old 12 June 2007, 12:14 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donnas roo
You are all moaning about being pulled, if you think about it, it's a good thing unless you are not legal.
If your car had been stolen surely you would want all blue scoobs to be pulled over and questioned. Wouldn't you, the guy was only making an enquiry he didn't bang you in the cells for driving one. Deal with it and stop moaning.
Get you !!
Old 12 June 2007, 12:15 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Get you !!

that time of the month. maybe you should go wash your car donna??

<flame suit on>