Sponsored by:

blackjack's

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2007, 04:03 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blackjax

After reading the thread posted by john305 Im thinking about havin blackjax installed on my sti. can this be installed if you have standard subaru alarm, if not what system do you need, and how much will it cost. anyone got any info please. dan.

Last edited by dantastic; 05 June 2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05 June 2007, 04:28 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Excellent system, I might get the same tbh when I get the alarm fitted to the new one.
Takes some getting used to though. But very effective except for motorways.
Old 05 June 2007, 04:30 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

BlackJax5
Anti-Carjacking and Vehicle Self Recovery System

BlackJax is Clifford's unique anti-carjacking response system that puts personal safety first while using innovative advancements to ensure that users can recover the vehicle themselves. If an armed car thief approaches - whether at a stop light or in a parking lot (where most carjackings occur) - immediately turn over the keys and remote and let Clifford technology take over.

Fully automatic: No buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. Quick response: BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle.

Immediate vehicle self-recovery: With the vehicle immobilized a short distance away, the owner can recover it. No special tracking units, monthly fees or per-use charges. Just follow the sound of the BlackJax siren, then enter the PIN code. That's it - it's sabotage-proof. The only way to turn off BlackJax is with a secret user-selectable PIN code. If the carjacker tries guessing codes at random, BlackJax actively ignores his code entries for the next few minutes. Even if he were to find and remove the BlackJax control unit, he would still
Old 05 June 2007, 04:32 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Think its an ad-on to G5 alarm systems tbh, comes standard higher in the range.

Clifford (United Kingdom) - Accessories

I like the option at the top of the list. Might get that too.
Old 05 June 2007, 04:41 PM
New_scooby_04

You can have blackjax installed without the rest of the G5 system. Costs about £200 I think.

Wouldn't advocate returning to recover your car untill accompanied by the police though!
Old 05 June 2007, 04:42 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

Thanks m8 sounds like a good bit of kit, I will be getting asap,Dan.

Last edited by dantastic; 05 June 2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05 June 2007, 05:10 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Yeah, i feel much safer and letting my family drive in the car with the blackjaxx and supaglass.

It's a bit of a pain sometimes, with the pin, but it's worth it when you think about it.
Old 05 June 2007, 05:31 PM
da-STI
Scooby Regular

Smile

Yep, the blackjax is a great bit of kit. Apparently easily installed on any factory (or other) alarm. Does make you feel safe and can be disabled by you if car in for servicing etc quite easily. Does take some getting used to though!!!

In one respect, i wouldn't mind if some lowlife tried to drive off in the car - only to see his face when the light and alarm were going off as the car ground to a halt!!!!

I have RAC trackstar aswell, just in case!
Old 05 June 2007, 05:34 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by da-STI
Yep, the blackjax is a great bit of kit. Apparently easily installed on any factory (or other) alarm. Does make you feel safe and can be disabled by you if car in for servicing etc quite easily. Does take some getting used to though!!!

In one respect, i wouldn't mind if some lowlife tried to drive off in the car - only to see his face when the light and alarm were going off as the car ground to a halt!!!!

I have RAC trackstar aswell, just in case!

Yup I will be gettin Trackstar fitted to the new one too. Maybe with the E&B service too. Thinking the right route for alarm might be a Clifford G5 650II with the GSM addon