Car Parks & Idiot Car Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2007, 04:41 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Parks & Idiot Car Owners

WELL,

I can't believe how some drivers treat other peoples property.
There I was sat in PC World car park waiting for my brother and I was amazed how many people just opened their door onto cars parked by the side of them.

One women even used the car in front to stop her by parking against their bumper.

AND THEN

Some idiot in a mahoooooosive 4x4 decided to park REAL close to my passenger side and open his door onto my wing mirror.
So I had to let him have a few words and got out the car.

"Sorry lad" he said, "I did'nt see you sat there"

As I drove home I was so frustrated with the way SOME people treat others property.

WTF is wrong with these people.

I knew I should've parked across two spaces

Rant over, it just pi55es me off
Old 01 June 2007, 04:50 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

That's why I always park between 2 bays.

You get the odd angry look (like you've took the last parking space in the UK) but F**k'em. It's my car, and I want to keep it dent free.
Old 01 June 2007, 04:52 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
That's why I always park between 2 bays.

You get the odd angry look (like you've took the last parking space in the UK) but F**k'em. It's my car, and I want to keep it dent free.
Same here

Chip
Old 01 June 2007, 04:53 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Don't worry mate....you are not alone in your anger.

It pisses me off too that people have no thought for other people's property.

It basically boils down to the fact that your car is probably your pride and joy, and for 90% of the poulation, their car is a means of transport and they don't "care" for it.

I too have been sat in my car and had people open doors onto it.....when I said something, they just give a gawky, thick as **** look which to me says "eh....derr....but it's only a car mate".

Selfish wan*ers mate....that's all.
Old 01 June 2007, 04:54 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I know exactly how you feel mate. If it happened to them it would be a different matter, but as long as they are disrespecting you and your property, they really dont care! Arseholes!

Another wierd observation...

When I go shopping I park in the middle of nowhere, about 15-20 spaces away from anyone or any other car... When I return to the car park, usually the car park looks the same, massive space between me and the rest of the car park........... apart from the numpty that decides to park in the space next to me!!! Why!! There were loads of spaces, and I clearly want some space! Maybe its just to nark me, but it always seems to happen.
Old 01 June 2007, 05:11 PM
Paddi70
Scooby Regular

Again, I know how you feel, and I'm still smarting as I have to little red dents from an unknown motor in the passanger side door of me green scoob after parking in a Sainsburys car park.
Colours really don't match*WAN**RS*
Old 01 June 2007, 05:15 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martyrobertsdj
It basically boils down to the fact that your car is probably your pride and joy, and for 90% of the poulation, their car is a means of transport and they don't "care" for it.
I think you're right there mate.
I mean to some it's only a classic, but to me it's a mint classic that I want to stay mint.

I've calmed down now
Old 01 June 2007, 05:26 PM
scubasteve
Scooby Regular

i know how you feel, I got a new mod last night in the form of a nice dint on my rear door from someone not paying attention. No paint damage but still gonna need popping out.
Old 01 June 2007, 05:29 PM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

Think how i felt when i returned to my calibra turbo to find that some pr1ck had parked so close to the drivers door. I had to push the car out of the space just to get in.
Old 01 June 2007, 05:30 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Amazing what you can do if you have a dot punch and a heavy torch in your car and leave a 'mark of respect'

I must add this was a while ago im more forgiving now (till it happens again )

Simon
Old 01 June 2007, 06:04 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Boils my pish too,another ding appeared only 2 days ago .
Old 01 June 2007, 06:43 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I usually have several items of my kit in my car - one being my titanium leatherman multi-tool.. which has a very sharp serrated knife.. which goes through rubber like butter

*ahem*
Old 01 June 2007, 06:48 PM
FUNNKYMONKEY
Scooby Regular

I feel the same,you try and keep your own property nice and therefore respect others.I heard somebody saying that she thought it was funny that people park in the corner of car parks or out of the way of damage and that she parks her car right next to them to **** them off .I AIMED A FEW CHOICE WORDS IN HER DIRECTION
Old 01 June 2007, 08:10 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FUNNKYMONKEY
I feel the same,you try and keep your own property nice and therefore respect others.I heard somebody saying that she thought it was funny that people park in the corner of car parks or out of the way of damage and that she parks her car right next to them to **** them off .I AIMED A FEW CHOICE WORDS IN HER DIRECTION
ive just got my scoob back today, and jase at scoobybits mentioned he had the whole car dent mastered. so i will be parking in two spaces wherever i go now. and in the pay carparks, il park right away in the corner somewhere.

andy

Last edited by ex-webby; 05 June 2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01 June 2007, 08:24 PM
psychomorph
Scooby Regular

Yeah at ASDA, I always park in a: parent and child or b: Disable bay out the way just for the extra space for the doors why are all spaces this way. Maybe we sould claim compo from the companies that make them they would soon learn to make spaces bigger.
Old 01 June 2007, 08:41 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by haroldhettaturbo
Think how i felt when i returned to my calibra turbo to find that some pr1ck had parked so close to the drivers door. I had to push the car out of the space just to get in.
I once had that, and I'm afraid to say I might have caught his door mirror with my hip as I pushed my car out Good job it was already hanging on the wires, wasn't it

I always park away from others and try to get in a second to last bay, right up to the line of the last bay making it difficult to use and making the gap to the 3rd bay as large as possible. Recently noticed the bays around the curved bit of my local Asda are extremely wide, and have started using those too.
Old 01 June 2007, 08:43 PM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

Blairs (soon to be Browns - but not for long ) Brittain - no respect - bring back public flogging !

T.
Old 01 June 2007, 08:52 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

i don;t usually go for the 2 space solution - i just park in corners far away from my destination and walk miles in the hope that nobody else can be ar$ed to do the same. usually works for me - although now and then someone will drive past all other empty spaces and park right next to me...so their car and mine aren;t loney i guess - no other logical explanation for it! 52 plate with only 2 minor dinks - one was me with a broom and one was some a-hole in a car park
Old 01 June 2007, 09:00 PM
Leebo77
Scooby Regular

My 2 week old RB320 has got a fckin massive dent in the door 'cos some retarded **** cannot park well enough to get their stupid **** out of their car.
Old 01 June 2007, 09:17 PM
madbint68
Scooby Regular

i know how you all feel ... i have had a couple of small dents added to our car due to idiots not looking .. now i always take up two spaces for my car but i park at the back of all car parks .. if there isnt room for me to take two spaces i dont park it up .. i got questioned once in asda by the trolly lads ... my reply was are you going to pay for damage to my car < obviously not > so i told them to go do one ..
Old 01 June 2007, 09:47 PM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

I know some people moan about parking over 2 spaces, but i do it all the time
I park far away from the entrances, so couldnt care less what people think, its a bit different doing it right next to the entrance, or in a disabled bay, but i dont see the pronblem if it on the other side of the car park!
Half the time tho, you come out and find someone has parked right next to you anyway
Old 01 June 2007, 09:49 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

[quote=Jap Import;6977018]WELL,

There I was sat in PC World car park waiting for my brother and I was amazed how many people just opened their door onto cars parked by the side of them.

Yep I have acquired a number of parking dings probably at work where the parking spaces seem very tight. However I do think car manufacturers are partly to blame for not fitting rubber strips (as per 206 Gti/) which would prevent many of these annoying dings being caused by careless people.
Old 01 June 2007, 10:05 PM
muttly66
Scooby Regular

woman in a massive 4x4 the other day couldn't park it and had to ask a passer bye to help her get in she wasn't even going in backwards it was nose first hate to think how she was going to get out glad i wasn't at the side of her.
Old 01 June 2007, 10:21 PM
shanea
Scooby Regular

I was in Tescos and when I returned to the car some idiot had parked in front of me and his (or her) car was touching my front bumper and they didnt even have the sense to pull it back even a few inches. Those Tesco trolleys are a bitch to push and just as I went past his car it turned right and.....bang......oops. ********
Old 01 June 2007, 10:34 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jap Import
WELL,

One women even used the car in front to stop her by parking against their bumper.

AND THEN

Some idiot in a mahoooooosive 4x4 decided to park REAL close to my passenger side and open his door onto my wing mirror.
So I had to let him have a few words and got out the car.

"Sorry lad" he said, "I did'nt see you sat there"

As I drove home I was so frustrated with the way SOME people treat others property.

WTF is wrong with these people.

I knew I should've parked across two spaces

Rant over, it just pi55es me off
Wait to you encounter angry mum in her 4x4, I was sat in the scoob waiting for the missus to come out when some bint driving a discovery pulls up. "thud thud" as she and her son get out of the car,Think to myself I let it go. Missus still not back (you know what women and shopping are like) These 2 come back "thud thud" again. slightly fecked off I put down the window and ask if she could be more careful next time. **** me she gets out screaming a triad of abuse and threatining to gaet her boyfriend to sort me out
Old 01 June 2007, 10:34 PM
craigie_s
Scooby Regular

I always take 2 spaces and so does the wife . After being instructed to do so in my car she now does it in her's aswell !
Old 01 June 2007, 10:38 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by craigie_s
I always take 2 spaces and so does the wife . After being instructed to do so in my car she now does it in her's aswell !

Then you risk some irate tosser scratching your car up.
Old 01 June 2007, 10:44 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

Is it just me, but every time a dent appears on my car and and I get it fixed some other c*nt creates another. I feel that I am destined never to own a pristine car. I leave a couple of dents visible to persuade aresh*les that creating further ones is not worth their while. Or am I just being superstitious ?
Old 01 June 2007, 10:49 PM
Crazymad Chick
Scooby Newbie

I always take two spaces..and funny that no one says anything except when I had the 4x4s..thing is I only use two spaces when people park in the disabled or child spaces..( I have a disabled child and therefore if she is with me I can park in the disabled space)

I had some muppet think he would be clever and park so close to my drivers door that it only opened 3 inches.. I asked him to move.. he told me a few choice words.. I asked him again.. he was less polite... So I confess I opened my shoguns door a few times into his 205 until he moved.... however, I had new baby, and 2 other kids and I couldnt get in my car and he was being a total toss pot.

I wouldnt mind but car park was bloody empty.
Old 01 June 2007, 11:26 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Don't get me started please!!! I started a similar thread not so long ago as I'm shore many others have, I had a week of finding new little dinks in the side of my car and two aren't so little

I've started using two spaces now too, but people just don't get the message, I parked in Milton Tesco car park a couple of days ago, about 80-90% of the car park is empty, but still just to be safe I still park well away from all the other cars and use 2 spaces...you'll never guess...yep! got back with me shopping and some c**t had parked there pile of sh*t van about two inches from my car! ..you really wont believe this bit...the twt was still sitting in the van, he unwinds his window and sarcastically asks why I had used two spaces?! for once I was lost for words....think my face must have said it all though as he moved the van so I could get in.

Some people just don't think, some don't care, and others do it out of spite as they can only afford to run some rusty pile of crp...me I go to ridiculous lengths not to hit other cars when getting out and not only since having my scoob.

Quick Reply: Car Parks & Idiot Car Owners