Sponsored by:

check these out ra-r and s204 for sale on auction site

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2007, 11:33 AM
spongebob1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check these out ra-r and s204 for sale on auction site

been keepin an eye out on janese auction sites and stumbled on these beaut's spec c type ra-r 12/06 chassis number gdb-041754 mileage 3777km 4.405 mill yen and an s204 02/06 chassis number gdb-037697 mileage 2.808km 4.534 mill yen both grade 5/a what a bargin
Old 03 May 2007, 11:48 AM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Link?
Old 03 May 2007, 01:30 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Yeah, got a link?

Ł18,500 roughly.

Just as an idea, how much extra would it cost to get it running on the road here?

When i was lOOking at an Evo 6 many years ago, an importer went through it and IIRC it was about Ł6k extra.
Old 03 May 2007, 07:42 PM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

Default RA R

is this a good thing finding these cars,what dose it mean
Old 03 May 2007, 09:33 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blu scoob
is this a good thing finding these cars,what dose it mean
They are both very sought after limited edition cars so you won't see many, so when examples do appear for sale it's usually a big thing.
Old 04 May 2007, 06:52 AM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

Default RA R

Mr Litchfield says you cant get them regd, so is there any point people going on at one and other about reging them. If you make your own model report you first have to have had one of these cars to do it off,so who has had such cars apart from litchfields,they cost alot of money to do these reports so to make it worth while you would have to bring quite a few cars in to make it worth doing.Has any one on this site had an S204 for sale I see people say PCM has an RA R so wouldnt they no about the model reports and if anyone else has made some just a thought
Old 04 May 2007, 07:11 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PCM Should be getting a s204 in the next few months as well so i guess there must be model reports for them

Trending Topics

Old 04 May 2007, 07:15 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

They also claim they are bringing in an RA-R.

They obviously know something that no-one else knows!
Old 04 May 2007, 08:41 AM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

Default 204

been on the web sites cant find them model reports,when you phone model reports or vosa they tell you who has them,well they have in the past when I phoned for the forester report I havent phoned over these though
Old 04 May 2007, 08:46 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

My understanding is that there are no model reports for the RA-R or the S204 as yet. It is a matter of either establishing a model report or finding another way to get the car in.

PCM have claimed that it is not as hard as some people make out.

Let's see if they can do it.
Old 04 May 2007, 08:55 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Surely they cant be that expensive!!!!, or what about some of the main importers splitting the cost and then its not always the full amount passed on to the Buyers(us).

Mac
Old 04 May 2007, 08:58 AM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

Default colour

is your spec c the same colour as my forester,I have a silver one the wife has a blue one,mine feels cleen do you no what I mean
Old 04 May 2007, 09:29 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blu scoob
is your spec c the same colour as my forester,I have a silver one the wife has a blue one,mine feels cleen do you no what I mean
Is that a question for me, as I have no idea as I have never to my knowledge seen your Forrester!
Old 04 May 2007, 09:31 AM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

Default colour

mines the same colour as the ones on the trader,Ill try and put a pic on
Old 04 May 2007, 10:41 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Not questioning it, but how did PCM get plates for the Spec C Type RA?

I'm assuming they brought it in themselves? Good luck to them really. Can't be a bad thing getting these specials into country.
Old 04 May 2007, 11:06 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

defintely not
Old 04 May 2007, 12:03 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...?highlight=SVA

Read post No.27 by Iain Litchfield. I think this should clear things up. Don't know how PCM are managing to accomplish getting an RA-R in registered
Old 04 May 2007, 12:23 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MrRA
Read post No.27 by Iain Litchfield. I think this should clear things up. Don't know how PCM are managing to accomplish getting an RA-R in registered
This one

Originally Posted by LitchfieldImports
Just to clear up any miss understandings on model reports etc and apologies as its a little boring

In order to bring in a car from Japan you need to follow VOSA’s ESVA scheme which requires the use of a model report. This report is the blueprint for every cars subsequent SVA test but each car must be exactly the same specification as the original, cars like the RA-R or S203 etc would require additional testing due to their differences. There are no legal loopholes any longer.

The model reports company in Southampton, like ourselves, have a EuroIII report for cars built up to 31st December 2005. Cars manufactured from the 1st of January 2006 all require a EuroIV model report. I have worked closely with VOSA over many years and we are the only company with EuroIV Subaru reports.

As has said above, special editions such as the 2005/06 Type RA, RA-R, S203, S204, Legacy STI/Blitzen etc are all classed as modified vehicles in Japan and one of the reasons they don’t conform to the 280bhp gentleman’s agreement. Because of this modified classification they always loose some of the important numbers on their official paperwork. VOSA require these to prove their crash and safety features and without these official numbers the cars are not eligible to be used with a model report and therefore registered.

Despite working closely with VOSA over the years it took me a number of months of discussions, meetings and paperwork to import the Type RA models. The same was true of the other special edition models.

So simply without a EuroIV report you cannot legally register 2006+cars
Old 04 May 2007, 12:56 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Thumbs up

PCM knows what he is doing so if he says he can then I'm sure he can ...

TX.

Originally Posted by MrRA
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...?highlight=SVA

Old 04 May 2007, 01:33 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

PCM - pls PM me a price for the S204 as I'm finding myself dreaming of this mythical beast ...

TX.
Old 04 May 2007, 02:02 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

So does PCM have the Euro IV Report.............and before anyone starts bad mouthing, it is a genuine question.
Old 04 May 2007, 05:55 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I am sure that PCM would do themselves a lot of favours by providing some reassurance that these cars are being registered legally instead of the "we know something you don't" attitude that I am sure they do not intend, but unfortunately at least to my eyes is what comes across.

It does not require publication of trade secrets, merely some of the openess demonstrated by others such as Iain.

Just my tuppence worth which they may choose to ignore, but there again I would not be one their prospective customers.
Old 04 May 2007, 06:01 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

*bites tongue*
Old 04 May 2007, 07:29 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Rannoch.

Who said it might be illegal? Not me, not PCM

TX.
Old 04 May 2007, 10:51 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

TX my understanding of all of this is that if vosa's scheme is not followed to the rule technically the car is not legal due to not having the crash results etc etc even tho it may have a uk registration somehow ,thus they can impound the car and have it destroyed,just my cautious thoughts
Old 04 May 2007, 11:51 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rannoch
I am sure that PCM would do themselves a lot of favours by providing some reassurance that these cars are being registered legally instead of the "we know something you don't" attitude that I am sure they do not intend, but unfortunately at least to my eyes is what comes across.

It does not require publication of trade secrets, merely some of the openess demonstrated by others such as Iain.

Just my tuppence worth which they may choose to ignore, but there again I would not be one their prospective customers.
A valid point made here, it seems like a total minefield to me.

And i get the same impression about not mentioning or hinting at possible ease of clearence.

Would like to hear it from the Horses mouth so to speak.

Mac
Old 05 May 2007, 08:16 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Rannoch.

Who said it might be illegal? Not me, not PCM

TX.
Just to clarify, I have not suggested that PCM are doing something illegally.

I am reflecting my own reading of their posts regarding the registration of imported cars which seem superficial and glib.

Clearly PCM have created a business very quickly and for their customers they are delivering the goods.

If it were my business and I was getting the feedback that a number of people on here have posted then I would be interested in using the feedback to improve my business rather than assuming it a grudge or misbehaviour.
Old 05 May 2007, 08:29 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TX don't waste your time.........The whole point of this thread is to provoke a reaction.

The Initial thread starter only joined yesterday and his first thread is regarding an S204 and a TYPE RA-R knowing that there is another positive thread regarding these two models and PCM.

The first response comes 10 minutes later from...........you guessed it "MrRa" ummmm coincidence?......i think not.

The only thing you failed to realise whilst posting this thread is..............there are no auctions this week in japan it's GOLDEN week a japanese national holiday.

Mog this is the 2nd thread in which you have asked if I have a euro iv report. Can I ask why this concerns you?

Rannoch………
Like you said, you have no intention of buying a car from me so I honestly don’t understand why it would bother you or have such an effect on your life that you would set out to acquire such knowledge.
And please, your 2 pence worth is not needed just pick it up and put it back in your pocket mate.

None of you know the full fact's so i suugest you keep your conclusions to yourselfs as i am under no obligation to disclose any information.

I am fed up of this litchfield fan club that persists on jumping on my threads and bringing the same topic up. I hope to be at the Scooby shoot out which I can see rannoch has bought a ticket to. Rannoch Mr Ra Mog and any other ‘s who wish to ascertain information on how I bring 2006+ cars over we can all meet up and I can answer all your questions and hopefully put this topic to bed.

Last edited by juggers; 05 May 2007 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05 May 2007, 10:26 AM
Mog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
TX don't waste your time.........The whole point of this thread is to provoke a reaction.

The Initial thread starter only joined yesterday and his first thread is regarding an S204 and a TYPE RA-R knowing that there is another positive thread regarding these two models and PCM.

The first response comes 10 minutes later from...........you guessed it "MrRa" ummmm coincidence?......i think not.

The only thing you failed to realise whilst posting this thread is..............there are no auctions this week in japan it's GOLDEN week a japanese national holiday.

Mog this is the 2nd thread in which you have asked if I have a euro iv report. Can I ask why this concerns you?

Rannoch………
Like you said, you have no intention of buying a car from me so I honestly don’t understand why it would bother you or have such an effect on your life that you would set out to acquire such knowledge.
And please, your 2 pence worth is not needed just pick it up and put it back in your pocket mate.

None of you know the full fact's so i suugest you keep your conclusions to yourselfs as i am under no obligation to disclose any information.

I am fed up of this litchfield fan club that persists on jumping on my threads and bringing the same topic up. I hope to be at the Scooby shoot out which I can see rannoch has bought a ticket to. Rannoch Mr Ra Mog and any other ‘s who wish to ascertain information on how I bring 2006+ cars over we can all meet up and I can answer all your questions and hopefully put this topic to bed.
This was a public forum the last time I looked and if someone posts up a thread which I'm interested in then I will post my opinions or ask a relavant question.
From what I have read in your post above all you have stated is that people are picking on you and again have avoided answering any questions which are in the forum's interest, especially as you are an advertiser.
Also Gussy makes a interesting point.

Mog
Old 05 May 2007, 11:24 AM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers

Rannoch………

So are you saying that I signed up under the original posters name? I'm not that sad. I even PM'd 'spongebob1' asking for a link to the auction site. I still have the PM's in my inbox of which I would be glad to post up if you would like. People are just curious as to how are managing to accomplish bringing in such rare cars that need extra testing/information in order to get them registered. As it has been said you don't have to reveal any trade secrets but some kind of openness on your part would be welcome as by advertising your business on this forum you have a potential customer base here.

Why do you need meet up with us to discuss how you bring cars in? It would be more beneficial to your business if you were to say on here as you would reach far more people and put a lot of people at ease. We're talking a lot of money here when it comes to buying these cars and I'm sure you know that if not all is correct with their paperwork there is the very possibility of VOSA turning up on someones doorstep and informing them of such a fact. Then there is every chance that that car could be impounded by VOSA and destroyed.

Quick Reply: check these out ra-r and s204 for sale on auction site