ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   check these out ra-r and s204 for sale on auction site (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/603084-check-these-out-ra-r-and-s204-for-sale-on-auction-site.html)

spongebob1 03 May 2007 11:33 AM

check these out ra-r and s204 for sale on auction site

been keepin an eye out on janese auction sites and stumbled on these beaut's spec c type ra-r 12/06 chassis number gdb-041754 mileage 3777km 4.405 mill yen and an s204 02/06 chassis number gdb-037697 mileage 2.808km 4.534 mill yen both grade 5/a what a bargin :norty:

MrRA 03 May 2007 11:48 AM

Link?

GazTheHat 03 May 2007 01:30 PM

Yeah, got a link?

£18,500 roughly.

Just as an idea, how much extra would it cost to get it running on the road here?

When i was lOOking at an Evo 6 many years ago, an importer went through it and IIRC it was about £6k extra.

blu scoob 03 May 2007 07:42 PM

RA R

is this a good thing finding these cars,what dose it mean:wonder: :wonder:

MrRA 03 May 2007 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by blu scoob (Post 6892581)
is this a good thing finding these cars,what dose it mean:wonder: :wonder:

They are both very sought after limited edition cars so you won't see many, so when examples do appear for sale it's usually a big thing.

blu scoob 04 May 2007 06:52 AM

RA R

Mr Litchfield says you cant get them regd, so is there any point people going on at one and other about reging them.:wonder: If you make your own model report you first have to have had one of these cars to do it off,so who has had such cars apart from litchfields,they cost alot of money to do these reports so to make it worth while you would have to bring quite a few cars in to make it worth doing.Has any one on this site had an S204 for sale I see people say PCM has an RA R so wouldnt they no about the model reports and if anyone else has made some:wonder: :wonder: :wonder: just a thought:thumb:

B0DSKI 04 May 2007 07:11 AM

PCM Should be getting a s204 in the next few months as well so i guess there must be model reports for them

Trout 04 May 2007 07:15 AM

They also claim they are bringing in an RA-R.

They obviously know something that no-one else knows!

blu scoob 04 May 2007 08:41 AM

been on the web sites cant find them model reports,when you phone model reports or vosa they tell you who has them,well they have in the past when I phoned for the forester report:D I havent phoned over these though:eek:

Trout 04 May 2007 08:46 AM

My understanding is that there are no model reports for the RA-R or the S204 as yet. It is a matter of either establishing a model report or finding another way to get the car in.

PCM have claimed that it is not as hard as some people make out.

Let's see if they can do it.

bluenosewrx 04 May 2007 08:55 AM

Surely they cant be that expensive!!!!, or what about some of the main importers splitting the cost and then its not always the full amount passed on to the Buyers(us).

Mac

blu scoob 04 May 2007 08:58 AM

colour

is your spec c the same colour as my forester,I have a silver one the wife has a blue one,mine feels cleen do you no what I mean:wonder:

Trout 04 May 2007 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by blu scoob (Post 6893556)
is your spec c the same colour as my forester,I have a silver one the wife has a blue one,mine feels cleen do you no what I mean:wonder:

Is that a question for me, as I have no idea as I have never to my knowledge seen your Forrester!

blu scoob 04 May 2007 09:31 AM

colour

mines the same colour as the ones on the trader,Ill try and put a pic on

EddScott 04 May 2007 10:41 AM

Not questioning it, but how did PCM get plates for the Spec C Type RA?

I'm assuming they brought it in themselves? Good luck to them really. Can't be a bad thing getting these specials into country.

Rasher 04 May 2007 11:06 AM

defintely not:)

MrRA 04 May 2007 12:03 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...?highlight=SVA

Read post No.27 by Iain Litchfield. I think this should clear things up. Don't know how PCM are managing to accomplish getting an RA-R in registered :confused:

T5NYW 04 May 2007 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by MrRA (Post 6894039)
Read post No.27 by Iain Litchfield. I think this should clear things up. Don't know how PCM are managing to accomplish getting an RA-R in registered :confused:

This one ;)

Originally Posted by LitchfieldImports (Post 6878715)
Just to clear up any miss understandings on model reports etc and apologies as its a little boring :)

In order to bring in a car from Japan you need to follow VOSA’s ESVA scheme which requires the use of a model report. This report is the blueprint for every cars subsequent SVA test but each car must be exactly the same specification as the original, cars like the RA-R or S203 etc would require additional testing due to their differences. There are no legal loopholes any longer.

The model reports company in Southampton, like ourselves, have a EuroIII report for cars built up to 31st December 2005. Cars manufactured from the 1st of January 2006 all require a EuroIV model report. I have worked closely with VOSA over many years and we are the only company with EuroIV Subaru reports.

As has said above, special editions such as the 2005/06 Type RA, RA-R, S203, S204, Legacy STI/Blitzen etc are all classed as modified vehicles in Japan and one of the reasons they don’t conform to the 280bhp gentleman’s agreement. Because of this modified classification they always loose some of the important numbers on their official paperwork. VOSA require these to prove their crash and safety features and without these official numbers the cars are not eligible to be used with a model report and therefore registered.

Despite working closely with VOSA over the years it took me a number of months of discussions, meetings and paperwork to import the Type RA models. The same was true of the other special edition models.

So simply without a EuroIV report you cannot legally register 2006+cars

Terminator X 04 May 2007 12:56 PM

PCM knows what he is doing so if he says he can then I'm sure he can ...

TX.

Originally Posted by MrRA (Post 6894039)
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...?highlight=SVA

Terminator X 04 May 2007 01:33 PM

PCM - pls PM me a price for the S204 as I'm finding myself dreaming of this mythical beast ... ;)

TX.

Mog 04 May 2007 02:02 PM

So does PCM have the Euro IV Report.............and before anyone starts bad mouthing, it is a genuine question.

Trout 04 May 2007 05:55 PM

I am sure that PCM would do themselves a lot of favours by providing some reassurance that these cars are being registered legally instead of the "we know something you don't" attitude that I am sure they do not intend, but unfortunately at least to my eyes is what comes across.

It does not require publication of trade secrets, merely some of the openess demonstrated by others such as Iain.

Just my tuppence worth which they may choose to ignore, but there again I would not be one their prospective customers.

Simon 69 04 May 2007 06:01 PM

*bites tongue*

Terminator X 04 May 2007 07:29 PM

Rannoch.

Who said it might be illegal? Not me, not PCM :wonder:

TX.

gussy 04 May 2007 10:51 PM

TX my understanding of all of this is that if vosa's scheme is not followed to the rule technically the car is not legal due to not having the crash results etc etc even tho it may have a uk registration somehow ,thus they can impound the car and have it destroyed,just my cautious thoughts

bluenosewrx 04 May 2007 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rannoch (Post 6894988)
I am sure that PCM would do themselves a lot of favours by providing some reassurance that these cars are being registered legally instead of the "we know something you don't" attitude that I am sure they do not intend, but unfortunately at least to my eyes is what comes across.

It does not require publication of trade secrets, merely some of the openess demonstrated by others such as Iain.

Just my tuppence worth which they may choose to ignore, but there again I would not be one their prospective customers.

A valid point made here, it seems like a total minefield to me.

And i get the same impression about not mentioning or hinting at possible ease of clearence.

Would like to hear it from the Horses mouth so to speak.

Mac

Trout 05 May 2007 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 6895245)
Rannoch.

Who said it might be illegal? Not me, not PCM :wonder:

TX.

Just to clarify, I have not suggested that PCM are doing something illegally.

I am reflecting my own reading of their posts regarding the registration of imported cars which seem superficial and glib.

Clearly PCM have created a business very quickly and for their customers they are delivering the goods.

If it were my business and I was getting the feedback that a number of people on here have posted then I would be interested in using the feedback to improve my business rather than assuming it a grudge or misbehaviour.

juggers 05 May 2007 08:29 AM

TX don't waste your time.........The whole point of this thread is to provoke a reaction.

The Initial thread starter only joined yesterday and his first thread is regarding an S204 and a TYPE RA-R knowing that there is another positive thread regarding these two models and PCM.

The first response comes 10 minutes later from...........you guessed it "MrRa" ummmm coincidence?......i think not.

The only thing you failed to realise whilst posting this thread is..............there are no auctions this week in japan it's GOLDEN week a japanese national holiday.

Mog this is the 2nd thread in which you have asked if I have a euro iv report. Can I ask why this concerns you?

Rannoch………
Like you said, you have no intention of buying a car from me so I honestly don’t understand why it would bother you or have such an effect on your life that you would set out to acquire such knowledge.
And please, your 2 pence worth is not needed just pick it up and put it back in your pocket mate.

None of you know the full fact's so i suugest you keep your conclusions to yourselfs as i am under no obligation to disclose any information.

I am fed up of this litchfield fan club that persists on jumping on my threads and bringing the same topic up. I hope to be at the Scooby shoot out which I can see rannoch has bought a ticket to. Rannoch Mr Ra Mog and any other ‘s who wish to ascertain information on how I bring 2006+ cars over we can all meet up and I can answer all your questions and hopefully put this topic to bed.

Mog 05 May 2007 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by juggers (Post 6896796)
TX don't waste your time.........The whole point of this thread is to provoke a reaction.

The Initial thread starter only joined yesterday and his first thread is regarding an S204 and a TYPE RA-R knowing that there is another positive thread regarding these two models and PCM.

The first response comes 10 minutes later from...........you guessed it "MrRa" ummmm coincidence?......i think not.

The only thing you failed to realise whilst posting this thread is..............there are no auctions this week in japan it's GOLDEN week a japanese national holiday.

Mog this is the 2nd thread in which you have asked if I have a euro iv report. Can I ask why this concerns you?

Rannoch………
Like you said, you have no intention of buying a car from me so I honestly don’t understand why it would bother you or have such an effect on your life that you would set out to acquire such knowledge.
And please, your 2 pence worth is not needed just pick it up and put it back in your pocket mate.

None of you know the full fact's so i suugest you keep your conclusions to yourselfs as i am under no obligation to disclose any information.

I am fed up of this litchfield fan club that persists on jumping on my threads and bringing the same topic up. I hope to be at the Scooby shoot out which I can see rannoch has bought a ticket to. Rannoch Mr Ra Mog and any other ‘s who wish to ascertain information on how I bring 2006+ cars over we can all meet up and I can answer all your questions and hopefully put this topic to bed.

This was a public forum the last time I looked and if someone posts up a thread which I'm interested in then I will post my opinions or ask a relavant question.
From what I have read in your post above all you have stated is that people are picking on you and again have avoided answering any questions which are in the forum's interest, especially as you are an advertiser.
Also Gussy makes a interesting point.

Mog

MrRA 05 May 2007 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by juggers (Post 6896796)

Rannoch………

So are you saying that I signed up under the original posters name? I'm not that sad. I even PM'd 'spongebob1' asking for a link to the auction site. I still have the PM's in my inbox of which I would be glad to post up if you would like. People are just curious as to how are managing to accomplish bringing in such rare cars that need extra testing/information in order to get them registered. As it has been said you don't have to reveal any trade secrets but some kind of openness on your part would be welcome as by advertising your business on this forum you have a potential customer base here.

Why do you need meet up with us to discuss how you bring cars in? It would be more beneficial to your business if you were to say on here as you would reach far more people and put a lot of people at ease. We're talking a lot of money here when it comes to buying these cars and I'm sure you know that if not all is correct with their paperwork there is the very possibility of VOSA turning up on someones doorstep and informing them of such a fact. Then there is every chance that that car could be impounded by VOSA and destroyed.