Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help spec c is it cheap ??????

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2007, 05:09 PM
wrwool
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help spec c is it cheap ??????

hi new scoobie need help, been to car planet today with the better half looking to px our 03 plate jap spec sti against there sweet lookin spec c in wr blue , Defi gauges, mud flaps , nice xhaust, privacy glass, double spoiler, is it worth 20g???? cheapest iv seen... HELP!!!! If the spec c is only 20g how much is a standard 03 sti 23000 miles going to be worth
Old 28 April 2007, 05:20 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrwool
hi new scoobie need help, been to car planet today with the better half looking to px our 03 plate jap spec sti against there sweet lookin spec c in wr blue , Defi gauges, mud flaps , nice xhaust, privacy glass, double spoiler, is it worth 20g???? cheapest iv seen... HELP!!!! If the spec c is only 20g how much is a standard 03 sti 23000 miles going to be worth
What MY is this Spec C fella?
Old 28 April 2007, 05:25 PM
madisonmonkey
Scooby Senior

It looks like an 05 hawkeye. Good price but you should try and get a look at the auction sheet.
Old 28 April 2007, 05:29 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

You may be better off going to buy one the MK1 T25's Litcho has for sale instead. Or the MY05 Spec C Type RA. They're going for £23k and you'd be better off buying from him IMO.
Old 28 April 2007, 05:32 PM
wrwool
Scooby Newbie

Default spec c

55 new shape, the salesman showed me the auction sheet and its a grade 5/a one owner with history
Old 28 April 2007, 05:35 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

55 new shape, the salesman showed me the auction sheet and its a grade 5/a one owner with history
So it's an MY06 car then, Hawkeye as some people like to call them.

Curious if it is as Iain Litchfield owns the right to the model report for MY06 cars and he won't loan it out so I wonder how it's been registered.
Old 28 April 2007, 05:43 PM
wrwool
Scooby Newbie

Default spec c

just checked out model report website and the model report for the spec c is on there , so thats how they got it registered i presume ???????
Old 28 April 2007, 05:47 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you acutally seen how much these cars are new in Japan?
The latest Spec C type RA-R worked out at 20k new, and that was a limited edition, ok if you import it you have the model report etc to do but they are cheaper than their UK counterparts due to the different markets.
As for the price on your 03 JDM, about 13k which is a steal but its a high performance car with high fuel consumption which makes it less desireable for people to buy, which = smaller market which then = buyers market, and that means lower prices.

Tony
Old 28 April 2007, 05:49 PM
madisonmonkey
Scooby Senior

PCM also seems to be able to bring in 06 cars without any problems
Old 28 April 2007, 05:49 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

just checked out model report website and the model report for the spec c is on there , so thats how they got it registered i presume ???????

The car needs to be registered to go to the ESVA i believe, plus it will also need to be registered because its a second hand import vehicle.

Tony
Old 28 April 2007, 05:51 PM
wrwool
Scooby Newbie

Default ra

is there a model report for the type ra as i cant find one on model reports or vosa so will there be one for a type ra-r??? thanks tony
Old 28 April 2007, 05:58 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

is there a model report for the type ra as i cant find one on model reports or vosa so will there be one for a type ra-r??? thanks tony
Im not sure but i think that because there are no major changes you can use the spec c report as thats what the car is based upon, the RA-R though may be a little different as there are mechanical changes over the standard Spec C (ie turbo is different).

Tony
Old 28 April 2007, 06:01 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

You'll be lucky to get a Type RA into the country. The point I was trying to make about the model report is that as he paid to have it generated he owns the rights to it and therefore have to pay him a fee for the use of it, and he doesn't necessarily have to loan it out.
Old 28 April 2007, 06:03 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

A Type RA is classed as a modified vehicle in Japan and is registered as such. Therefore it loses it's classification and specification number, which are needed to get it registered here in the UK. Obtaining that info would very difficult.
Old 28 April 2007, 06:23 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

The RA is just a limited edition of the Spec C, its mechanical components (ie engine, transmission) are exactly the same, the biggest difference is in the suspension, no other differences, the RA-R on the other hand is 40ps more powerful, has a different turbo and runs a different map, now that is enhanced over the standard model
If a model report were needed on a type RA then you would need a different model report for a spec c motorsport (16 inch) and the 17 inch version as both have differences (brakes, interior, 16 inch has manual dccd etc).

Tony
Old 28 April 2007, 07:15 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by MrRA
You'll be lucky to get a Type RA into the country. The point I was trying to make about the model report is that as he paid to have it generated he owns the rights to it and therefore have to pay him a fee for the use of it, and he doesn't necessarily have to loan it out.
Just buy your own model report if he does not loan it out
Old 28 April 2007, 09:39 PM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

nice spec c
Old 28 April 2007, 09:39 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tony if my memory serves me right MrRA has a point I belive prosport have an ra in white in stock which they are having trouble getting a model report for it at the mo and as you know there were only 350 of these made world wide so they are a bit thin on the ground.
Old 28 April 2007, 09:41 PM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

Default R A

has anyone got a model report for a type R A
Old 28 April 2007, 09:45 PM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

MR Litchfield had the car peter had problems with sorted by vosa but I heard they had alot of trouble getting it done Ithink it was a spec c

Last edited by blu scoob; 28 April 2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: .
Old 28 April 2007, 09:53 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gussy
Tony if my memory serves me right MrRA has a point I belive prosport have an ra in white in stock which they are having trouble getting a model report for it at the mo and as you know there were only 350 of these made world wide so they are a bit thin on the ground.
It's the MY05 model now for sale on Iain's site
Old 28 April 2007, 10:10 PM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

Gettin back to the spec c are you goin to buy it or what gerit bought
Old 28 April 2007, 10:14 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car

Sorry to disagree with you Mr RA the spec-type ra that Ian has for sale is a blobeye the one Im on about is a hawkeye and yes it was origionaly at Ians if memory serves me right peter was the first person to bring a hawkeye type ra into the country which Ian bought off peter.
Old 28 April 2007, 10:45 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gussy
Sorry to disagree with you Mr RA the spec-type ra that Ian has for sale is a blobeye the one Im on about is a hawkeye and yes it was origionaly at Ians if memory serves me right peter was the first person to bring a hawkeye type ra into the country which Ian bought off peter.
The MY06 car was for a private customer. The MY05 car on Iain's site was brought into the country by Pete at Prosport. They had the same trouble as Iain in getting it SVA'd, so Iain took up the trouble for him.

YHPM
Old 28 April 2007, 10:47 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

YHPM back
Old 28 April 2007, 10:59 PM
alci
BANNED

pcm can get ya a spec c ra-r for bout 31k

Last edited by alci; 28 April 2007 at 11:01 PM. Reason: oops
Old 29 April 2007, 09:57 AM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

Just to clear up any miss understandings on model reports etc and apologies as its a little boring

In order to bring in a car from Japan you need to follow VOSA’s ESVA scheme which requires the use of a model report. This report is the blueprint for every cars subsequent SVA test but each car must be exactly the same specification as the original, cars like the RA-R or S203 etc would require additional testing due to their differences. There are no legal loopholes any longer.

The model reports company in Southampton, like ourselves, have a EuroIII report for cars built up to 31st December 2005. Cars manufactured from the 1st of January 2006 all require a EuroIV model report. I have worked closely with VOSA over many years and we are the only company with EuroIV Subaru reports.

As has said above, special editions such as the 2005/06 Type RA, RA-R, S203, S204, Legacy STI/Blitzen etc are all classed as modified vehicles in Japan and one of the reasons they don’t conform to the 280bhp gentleman’s agreement. Because of this modified classification they always loose some of the important numbers on their official paperwork. VOSA require these to prove their crash and safety features and without these official numbers the cars are not eligible to be used with a model report and therefore registered.

Despite working closely with VOSA over the years it took me a number of months of discussions, meetings and paperwork to import the Type RA models. The same was true of the other special edition models.

So simply without a EuroIV report you cannot legally register 2006+cars
Old 29 April 2007, 10:07 AM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

Are you prepared to hire the Euro4 report out Iain; and will it be accepted for use at all test centres for altered production cars?

Simon
Old 29 April 2007, 10:48 AM
Andy Stevens
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon 69
Are you prepared to hire the Euro4 report out Iain; and will it be accepted for use at all test centres for altered production cars?

Simon
Lets face it, the answer to that is most definitely going to be no!
Old 29 April 2007, 10:53 AM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alci
pcm can get ya a spec c ra-r for bout 31k
Yeah, in about 12-18 months time when they become more readily available. They aren't just sitting around waiting to be bought. One was seen at auction not long ago (which is very rare being so soon after all the new examples were sold) and it went for well over list price.

Quick Reply: Need help spec c is it cheap ??????