Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back after Many Years! Also a quick q?

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2007, 05:46 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Back after Many Years! Also a quick q?

Hello All, after 6 yrs out of the P1 i have gone full circle and am back! if anybody remebers or took part in those will runs out around keilder, hartside and selkirk back in 2000/2001! After 2yrs in a 340 brake Evo7, a frontera!, e46 m3 for a couple of years and proberbly best of all a e39 m5 i have had to let it go for practical reasons ( Dogs !) so i got myself the practical side of motoring a 53 plate wrx sl wagon with ppp, after a couple of weeks of running it i am finding that old flat spot mid-range is bugging and want just a little more power, anybody on here got wrx ppp and put a ninja down-pipe with high flow cat on? when i had the p1 i put a de-cat downpipe on a it made quite a difference in both response and across rev-range and was wondering if i would get similar out-come with the ninja, also would mot be an issue and subaru extended warranty or is the warranty down to the particular garage.
Any help would be appreciated.
Oh and hope you are all keeping well.
Jay
Old 30 April 2007, 08:15 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

ok so i guess its mostly under 21's on here these days, hmmm why does that not suprise me! wonder why i stopped posting on here over 3 yrs ago, anyway so does nobody on here have a answer to my question, i will ask again:
anybody on here got wrx ppp and put a ninja down-pipe with high flow cat on? when i had the p1 i put a de-cat downpipe on a it made quite a difference in both response and across rev-range and got rid of quite a few flat-spots, i was wondering if i would get similar out-come with the ninja, also would mot be an issue and subaru extended warranty or is the warranty down to the particular garage.
Many Thanks
Old 30 April 2007, 08:48 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

Hi welcome back to Scobby ownership. ( I'm an old crinckly by the way) Sorry you're not getting the answer you're looking for.

I have an 02 WRX no PPP I'm afraid and have de catted down pipe straight through center section and a back box - all Magnex - also a panel filter and notice a difference in power and boost comes in lower down the rev range.

Depending where you are speak to people who you can be sure know what they are taling about - you will get all sorts of differing advice here. I always used API in Warwick when I live in Engalnd and would recommend them.

As your Wagon has the PPP you already have a high flow cat fitted so I would think replacing it might be a waste of money. Some decent mapping might help as I think PPP's are mapped quite tamely.

Good luck.