Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How often do you DRIVE your scooby???

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2007, 10:18 AM
PPP Wagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How often do you DRIVE your scooby???

Hello peepz,

Ive only hade my scooby going on 3 weeks, but i DRIVE the car every time i drive it, if you kno what i mean.

I thinks it's an addition or something, as soon as it's warmed up, & i get a bit of clear road i punch it at every opportunity, even if im just going down the shop or take away or sumut!!!

Im just wondering if im the only oddball who drives like this every day & also how reliable/ tough scooby's are???

Cheers all

Marky Marc
Old 27 April 2007, 10:26 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Old 27 April 2007, 10:31 AM
DiddyWRX
Scooby Regular

Nearly every time I take mine out I'll end up behind someone I want to launch round so tend to do it and have an empty tank by the end of the drive lol

The addiction is with me I'm afraid!
Old 27 April 2007, 10:32 AM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Ahh.. So its you that increases my fooking insurance every year then is it.

Old 27 April 2007, 10:45 AM
DiddyWRX
Scooby Regular

What other reason do you drive an Impreza for, it's not to look at it for hours is it PLUS in my 5 years of driving (not a lot I know but still) I've never had an accident and all I've owned is performance vehicles. So...

back at u mate!
Old 27 April 2007, 10:48 AM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DiddyWRX
I've never had an accident
But I've seen loads..................
Old 27 April 2007, 10:55 AM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Now where did I say that I don't USE my car?

I don't however floor it every time I pop to the shop or launch round other road users at every opportunity. And I'm 100% sure that most people would agree with me when I say - What A Prize ****..!
Old 27 April 2007, 10:56 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

EVERY DAY !!!
Old 27 April 2007, 10:58 AM
DiddyWRX
Scooby Regular

I didnt say I do this EVERY time I said nearly everytime and I mean that I always end up behind someone going to slow in a designated zone so I go around them if it's safe to do so.

Oh great, status of prize **** because I drive my car, excellent, that means you're a prize **** too as well as half of the forum members that enjoy a good DRIVE

Nuff said, I wont be returning to this thread as I must go and have a good cry now
Old 27 April 2007, 11:07 AM
eves
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dan83590
Now where did I say that I don't USE my car?

I don't however floor it every time I pop to the shop or launch round other road users at every opportunity. And I'm 100% sure that most people would agree with me when I say - What A Prize ****..!
jesus he only asked a question!!!! get off your high horse!!!
Old 27 April 2007, 11:08 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At present I only get out in the car about once or twice a fortnight so when I do use it I enjoy it.
Old 27 April 2007, 11:11 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

If i get a nice quiet bit of road i'll open it up a bit, but i have too many points to take chances, and my insurance is high enough already
Old 27 April 2007, 11:16 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I normally open her up once a day on a certain stretch of dual carriageway (weather and traffic permitting)... Other than that I drive safely and considerately almost all the time.
The worst idiots of all time on SN are the kids who come on spouting "Why did you buy one if you dont speed all the time"...
I liken it to having a black belt in karate... You wouldnt walk down the street battering every living soul who passes you by, so why if you have scoob should you be expected to drive like you have a ***** on your head all the time?
Old 27 April 2007, 11:17 AM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eves
jesus he only asked a question!!!! get off your high horse!!!
I don't have a horse.. I'm just stating a valid point.
Old 27 April 2007, 11:21 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

when its safe to do so il open her up on a straight bit of road, or a quiet country lane. but usually its just the pootle to work and back.

at the moment though im not going anywhere near 4k revs and above and its still crashed damaged from getting t-boned on a junction, but when she gets to the garage and is repaired resprayed... then il find some sexy time for me and the car
Old 27 April 2007, 11:34 AM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Unfortunately for me I live 2 miles from where I work, so the car isn't really warmed up when I arrive at work and the same for going home!
Old 27 April 2007, 11:40 AM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

"in my 5 years of driving"

after 5yrs of being at school you would probably just about learning to spell "OCCASION".. thats where you are in the scope of driving experience lol, but I'm glad you haven't had an accident - I hope that continues

I drive my subaru pretty much like I'd drive any other car. Pootle around town at 30 flashing ppl to let them out (with my lights ) generally being courteous .. the more ppl you have in front the more you can overtake when the road opens out
Old 27 April 2007, 11:47 AM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
EVERY DAY !!!

Same here, every day!
Old 27 April 2007, 11:50 AM
goldmw
Scooby Regular

My car is the main family car so i do drive it everyday but dont DRIVE it all the time. 99% of the time i have my kids in it. But when my husband is driving it gets a bit of a hard time!!
Old 27 April 2007, 12:01 PM
New_scooby_04

Mine is only used for social and domestic purposes -it's a fun car, not a workhorse. However, most of the roads around my way are 30miles per hour and residential - it's simply not appropriate to put your foot down there.

So at least a couple of nights a week I will take it to a selection of roads that are rated at the national speed limit and use the car how it was intended in a safe and appropriate manner. Pointless paying a premium for having a performance car if you're not going to enjoy the performance. Like everything else in life, there is a time and place.

Ironically, sometimes the faster the car, the less frequent the opportunity to use it: when my car was std, I could take a few more liberties, not many, a Std classic is still plenty quick enough to get you into trouble, but the odd little prod of the throttle could be gotten away with.

Not anymore.

Ns04
Old 27 April 2007, 12:04 PM
MonkiP1
Scooby Regular

I drive mine every day to work about 5 miles. But if i get caught in rush hour traffic it can be a entertaining long 5miles being looked at/staired at lol.

I drive sensable, but you can never be to careful with other inconsiderate people on the roads. And my pet hate is "Chav boyracers" who try it on at lights just because its a Impreza.

But yeh i only really open the throttle when im on a dual carrage way or motorway.

Monki.
Old 27 April 2007, 12:06 PM
goldmw
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MonkiP1

I drive sensable, but you can never be to careful with other inconsiderate people on the roads. And my pet hate is "Chav boyracers" who try it on at lights just because its a Impreza.

Thats what i mean - p!ss me off!!
Old 27 April 2007, 12:15 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

startup..go to work,come home,go to work etc so all in all i do maybe 15miles a day!!

should have just brought a little peice of poo for a run around!!Oh hold on!!

i did!!!

the impreza!!

suck it in lads/girls,it is just that now!!a run around,
but trust me when these little ****s need to feel the power,hear the roar,get blinded when they drive past me with there driving lights on!!they get just that..adjust in the seat,drop a cog,rush of induction followed closley by turbo spool up,followed by the loudest longest lasting fart all the way through gear changes ever!!!
only on permittable roads mind you!!
Old 27 April 2007, 12:15 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Mine is only used for social and domestic purposes -it's a fun car, not a workhorse. However, most of the roads around my way are 30miles per hour and residential - it's simply not appropriate to put your foot down there.

So at least a couple of nights a week I will take it to a selection of roads that are rated at the national speed limit and use the car how it was intended in a safe and appropriate manner. Pointless paying a premium for having a performance car if you're not going to enjoy the performance. Like everything else in life, there is a time and place.

Ironically, sometimes the faster the car, the less frequent the opportunity to use it: when my car was std, I could take a few more liberties, not many, a Std classic is still plenty quick enough to get you into trouble, but the odd little prod of the throttle could be gotten away with.

Not anymore.
Ns04
what he said

key word; "appropriate" if you are in hero mode every time you get in it you will lose your license or kill the car. my preference is you lose your license; makes the roads less cluttered\safer for other me and doesn’t have a detrimental effect on my insurance premium
Old 27 April 2007, 01:34 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
...I liken it to having a black belt in karate... You wouldnt walk down the street battering every living soul who passes you by, ...
Dunno, it would be tempting...
Old 27 April 2007, 02:02 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Every time I get a clear bit of road

Never, ever in built up areas or heavy traffic

Also love it when punters in "normal" cars try to take you on - guy in a '55 Vectra passed me on the inside lane the other day, I let him get about 300 yards ahead then floored it, should have seen the daft ***** face when I went past him like he was stood still
Old 27 April 2007, 02:08 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Ive done 20k in 4.5 years so not often although the new one i will drive a lot more
Old 27 April 2007, 02:34 PM
ryn004
Scooby Regular

I use her as a daily driver. It depends what's playing on the stereo, wheter or not I floor it.
Old 27 April 2007, 02:58 PM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DiddyWRX
What other reason do you drive an Impreza for, it's not to look at it for hours is it PLUS in my 5 years of driving (not a lot I know but still) I've never had an accident and all I've owned is performance vehicles. So...

back at u mate!
Not saying this will happen to you Diddy but friend of mine said something very similiar to this then ended up in hospital with 2 broken legs after rolling his focus st...careful what you sow. Usual rule goes if you have never had any 'incidents' at all you break that duck with a big one...so eyes and ears on that road fella
Old 27 April 2007, 03:18 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by AllyJ
Not saying this will happen to you Diddy but friend of mine said something very similiar to this then ended up in hospital with 2 broken legs after rolling his focus st...careful what you sow. Usual rule goes if you have never had any 'incidents' at all you break that duck with a big one...so eyes and ears on that road fella
*Nods*

When I got my Scooby a mate in the insurance business said, and I quote:

"More often than not with these Rice Rockets, when people have accidents, they're big ones!"

Also, to the poster:

Don't forget to allow the car to warm up properly before you give it the beans, that means as much as 8-10 miles before using boost.

It's very common for newbies to suffer engine failures within the first month of ownership. The reason? Combination of enthusiasm and ignorance.

Ns04

Quick Reply: How often do you DRIVE your scooby???