Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

and people get slated on here for braking the speed limit..!

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2007, 08:34 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down and people get slated on here for braking the speed limit..!

Men and Motors, The Worlds Fastest Motorbikes 2.

Some of the moves these guys were doing on busy roads was very irresponsible if you ask me, showing it on the TV even more so IMHO..! Openly acknowledging they were speeding, " it's only got 10 miles on it and still managed to pull 180 on this road.." and on bike footage showing 130-140 on the clocks..!

These riders are apparently well known in the biking community, how come they're not being pursued by the 5O..?

The really funny thing is the programme is sponsored by 'Bennets Bike insurance'..lol..!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the holier than thou SN members who usually slate anyone posting about having a bit of fun, but this was very irresponsible.

Before anyone says, I don't care how good a rider these guy's are, the speeds involved were downright dangerous..!

rant over.
Old 26 April 2007, 08:51 PM
RichardF
Scooby Regular

Watched 5 minutes of it but not from the beginning mate. Think it was from the Isle of Man which I thought was derestricted out of town (maybe wrong), other thing was that they were all pro racers / very high standard bikers.

In my opinion inappropriate speed is dangerous at times but personally didn't see anything wrong with the bits I saw (saw one speedo register nigh on 170mph).

Richard
Old 26 April 2007, 08:59 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Even so, the speed/proximity they were overtaking other (non pro) road users was dangerous IMO. Maybe I'm getting old..!

Didn't realise IOM had unrestricted roads. If so they've got it good there as they can still legally own pistols too. Feel a move coming on..
Old 27 April 2007, 01:38 PM
rgv_stu
Scooby Regular

havent seen this one but the first episode was definately in the isle of man hence no speed limits. they were all pro bike riders and no stupidity was seen imo. this world has gone too PC
Old 27 April 2007, 01:39 PM
Izzy
Scooby Regular

Outside of towns / built up areas there are no speed limits on the Isle of Mann - however you can still be charged for dangerous driving, so inapropriate use of speed is still, err inapropriate, on the IoM....

Motorbike gods they may be, but they, or someone else, will still become very dead at those kind of speeds if there is an accident.........
Old 27 April 2007, 02:54 PM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

A friend of mine entered the TT several times in the 1990's. He was a 'pro' biker and sponsored etc. He saw a few really grisly accidents and it put him off racing for good.
Old 27 April 2007, 02:58 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

They stop being motorbike gods when they race around on the public highways. At this point they become what is known in the business as bellends...
Old 30 April 2007, 01:59 PM
Izzy
Scooby Regular

Old 30 April 2007, 02:13 PM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RichardF
Think it was from the Isle of Man which I thought was derestricted out of town
correct and correct

all the riders featured in this programme are professional racers, either short circuit or road racing like the TT. The bits where they top 100+ are all filmed on the derestricted roads over here, mainly the mountain section of the TT course. All the riding in the programme you watched was done with the police having full knowledge of what was going on on the derestricted roads here on the island and the emergency services at hand should something have gone wrong.

jasonius, if you wanna have a whine about true inconciderate riding then go watch a Ghostrider DVD or some of these idiots that post themselves up on YouTube.
Old 30 April 2007, 05:26 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

You tube and DVD's are one thing however glorification on free to air TV is another..!

With regards to the emergency services being aware, what about the other road users who were being overtaken, imho, very recklessly and very close..

There were a number of scenes where overtakes were being performed mid bend (albeit open) with the riders 'swinging' around the cars they were overtaking (ie VERY close).

In fact, these scenes look very similar to some of the idiotic stuff performed by the so called ghost rider you mention..!