Sponsored by:

Think I might be in trouble tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2007, 07:40 PM
Paddi70
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think I might be in trouble tomorrow

A young lad where I work made the mistake of cutting two cars up in 30 zone trying to catch me up. I was not driving over the speed limit and casually going about my business trying to get home. He them overtook me cutting off on coming traffic, now this really did **** me off. He then got stuck behind some parked cars whilst on coming traffic were driving passed, so I got out and walked up to his car and gave him an ear full, he then returned fire as I would expect until I slapped him
Not my greatest move.
I then walked off and he speed away in his focus, idiot.
Tomorrow is going to be a great day, I can feel it

I need to add, I have no problems driving and having fun in cars or bikes once out of built up areas,. But anyone can speed through 30/40 zones, its just stupid. just because I drive and Impreza doesn't mean I want to race everywhere.
Its like being on a bike and all the cars in front of you move out of your way, which is nice, but even on roads and where the traffic means there is no way your going to get passed without putting someone else at risk.

Last edited by Paddi70; 26 April 2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 26 April 2007, 07:44 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

If you don't get a visit from the boys in blue tonight, tomorrow will be fine! Remember it's his word against yours!
Old 26 April 2007, 07:49 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

when you say slapped him, was it a slap or a punch
Old 26 April 2007, 07:52 PM
Paddi70
Scooby Regular

No, just a slap. I was lent in his window and he started the tutting crap, so slapped him. Hes only a 19ish.
Old 26 April 2007, 07:53 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paddi70
No, just a slap. I was lent in his window and he started the tutting crap, so slapped him. Hes only a 19ish.

unless he has taken a pic of the red mark then i doubt you will see any trouble.

Just keep an eye on your car for a while
Old 26 April 2007, 07:53 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Hope it was a full blown onslaught as he was a being a aŁ5e
Old 26 April 2007, 07:54 PM
sarnyboy
Scooby Regular

ha.. man slapper...
Old 26 April 2007, 07:56 PM
Paddi70
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarnyboy
ha.. man slapper...
Old 26 April 2007, 07:58 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

Depends if you mean trouble at work, or trouble with the police,but in anycase i wouldnt worry,if it was out of work then your employer cant do anything about it.
The police could do something about but just tell them it was self defence and he raised his fists to you,but you were sorry if you were a bit quick off the mark as it really looked like he was going to hit you.

Or even better go to the police with YOUR side of the story say you're very sorry,they will make a note of it,then if he complains to them tell them you want to prosecute him for dangerouse driving (at least 6 points and a big fine in some cases a ban)
Old 26 April 2007, 08:00 PM
rb5 jeff
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarnyboy
ha.. man slapper...
FPMSL
Old 26 April 2007, 08:00 PM
sarnyboy
Scooby Regular

tell him if he wasnt drivin like a trellis and causing little stones to flick up and chip your paint as he blared you in the 30 zone,, then he would nt have got the little facial dig that he got!!!!

LOL
Old 26 April 2007, 08:03 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you are an idiot for slapping him. He might have been driving like a tit but who the hell do you think you are? Why do some people think they are such amazing drivers and always right. You never drove like a tit when you were 19? I doubt he will be reporting this road rage incident to the police though.
Old 26 April 2007, 08:06 PM
scotthldr
Scooby Regular

The little ****e, what is it with a lot of young drivers they pass their test then think they are the best driver on earth with **** loads of experience and that their car will protect then from anything and everything. Have spent the last 7 weeks telling my apprentice at work to slow down and start paying more attention to the road rather than the radio/cd player, females walking past etc. Told him one day he will kill someone, maybe himself, someone else or worse ME!! if it is me then I will haunt the little ****e everyday of his life

Good on you hopefully you knocked some sense into him
Old 26 April 2007, 08:07 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

lucky he didnt leather **** out of you mate.....

if it would have been me you wouldnt of seem tomorrow
Old 26 April 2007, 08:11 PM
scoobboy
Scooby Regular

Just deny it and tell the cops if it comes to that, that he cut you up and was dangerous driving, wee ******
Old 26 April 2007, 08:14 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

think you were totally right for giving him a slap. Maybe a bit silly in the eyes of the law - however, half the problems with idiots like this is that they think they can do what the hell they like and have no comeback.

And it seems we have a few on the forums like that.
Old 26 April 2007, 08:33 PM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

It all depends whether someone else saw this incident and chose to report it - in which case you could be in trouble. "Impreza driver assaults Focus driver" - doesn't look good. Impreza drivers don't exactly have a good reputation in some quarters (unfair I know, but we are where we are).
Old 26 April 2007, 08:40 PM
daz_don1
Scooby Regular

Yesterday a young chavy tosser in a astra was spoiling for a race with me, cos i was mindin my own business he over took me and in the process nearly hit a mondeo.

at the lights he was at the side of the mondeo and the *** phlemed down the mondeo window, lights changed off he sped.

at next set of lights the bloke in the mondeo got out and went upto the young lads window. he jumped out and smacked the bloke, knocked him to the floor got back in his car and tried to reverse over him and then shot off.

Well as luck has it he was a copper (cid) to cut it short i ended up making a statement as a witness!!

Bet he thought "OH **** NOW"
Old 26 April 2007, 08:45 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daz_don1
Yesterday a young chavy tosser in a astra was spoiling for a race with me, cos i was mindin my own business he over took me and in the process nearly hit a mondeo.

at the lights he was at the side of the mondeo and the *** phlemed down the mondeo window, lights changed off he sped.

at next set of lights the bloke in the mondeo got out and went upto the young lads window. he jumped out and smacked the bloke, knocked him to the floor got back in his car and tried to reverse over him and then shot off.

Well as luck has it he was a copper (cid) to cut it short i ended up making a statement as a witness!!

Bet he thought "OH **** NOW"
you couldnt make this up

hope the little spotty ****** gets banned from driving and a day in court for assulting a police officer and damage to private property. ie fleg
Old 26 April 2007, 08:46 PM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

Mr know it all the guy would have been lying on the road if it was me Take your stupid statement and do you know what with it. He deserved what he got
Originally Posted by mgcvk
I think you are an idiot for slapping him. He might have been driving like a tit but who the hell do you think you are? Why do some people think they are such amazing drivers and always right. You never drove like a tit when you were 19? I doubt he will be reporting this road rage incident to the police though.
Old 26 April 2007, 08:48 PM
Paddi70
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys plenty of food for thought there, not to proud of myself, but he was asking for something to be done, and I did it.
Two wrongs and all that, I know. But hey, lets see how he drives tomorrow
Old 26 April 2007, 08:49 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

whether legally right or wrong, some people just do deserve a smack now and again.
Old 26 April 2007, 08:52 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mgcvk

think someone might have slapped you on the back of your head while you were trying to type out your username
Old 26 April 2007, 09:16 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

I'm not proud of it but i get road-rage all the time!. Each time i can justify it (in my mind anyway!) but more often than not do end up regretting it 10mins later!

As mentioned before keep an eye on the car for a few days though...
Old 26 April 2007, 09:20 PM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
think someone might have slapped you on the back of your head while you were trying to type out your username
Old 26 April 2007, 09:24 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx-kris
lucky he didnt leather **** out of you mate.....

if it would have been me you wouldnt of seem tomorrow
????????

Not your greatest move mate but, most of us can understand why, its really pisses me off when people put me and my car at risk just to look “rude”. being he was driving dangerously on the highway I don’t think he would call the police on you to be honest but if he does give him another slap from me for being such an *** ...........

Last edited by F1 CJE UK; 26 April 2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 26 April 2007, 09:35 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK
????????
the point i was making is that there is no need.... really is there?

ive cut people up by accident before (like im sure many of us have) and its not been on purpose but they thought it was.......
Old 26 April 2007, 09:46 PM
Neilg7777
Scooby Regular

Ok you gave him a slap and the sounds of it he had it coming bet he is thinking i deserved that. To many dogooders about and on here to. The comment (who the hell do you think you are) who the hell does he think he is. Dangerous driving not cuting someone up once in a while is not good and maybe he will think twice next time.

Good on you mate come on guys he gave him a slap not a kicking
Old 26 April 2007, 09:47 PM
beakerdoo
Scooby Regular

the end of the day he hasnt got a scooby he he !!
Old 26 April 2007, 10:33 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thing is you need to be able to back up the physical attributes you give to a road rage scene, if u slapped him and he got out and started throwing the punches could u back it up,thats what u gotta ask urself,slapping him was a bit whimpish, he might think ur a poof now and take u on at work, who knows,watch ur back,if need be,proper punch him and use ur elbows and knees too,wont ***** with u after that i doubt

Quick Reply: Think I might be in trouble tomorrow