Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reluctantly leaving Subaru ownership.

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2007, 01:46 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reluctantly leaving Subaru ownership.

Well,after two Imprezas..........a Classic Turbo and a Blob STI PPP,i am reluctantly going to get another car.

I bought my Classic last October as a cheap winter runabout,and was so impressed by it that i bought the Blob STI in February after a long search to find a car in the right spec,with the right miles etc.

Unfortunately,3 days after buying the car,some idiot drove into it,and while there was not much damage(a new wing and a bit of paint,plus a set of new Prodrive wheels),the whole ownership experience was tainted from here on in.

The car went into the bodyshop the same day it was hit,and was in 3 weeks,when i went to collect it,the wheels were on back order from Prodrive(6 weeks wait),the door stickers were not fitted,as the were both for the same side,and the new mirror lense they fitted was chipped.

The car then went back in 2 weeks ago for the new wheels to be fitted etc,by which time,some dull patches had appeared,so they had the car for a day and a half again to mop it,and when i went to collect it,the mirror glass was still chipped,the new stickers that they had put on had finger prints under them,and were also peeling on the corners,and they had gone through the paint mopping it again in 2 places.

So last week it went back again,the bodyshop owner got right up in my face because he didn't like being told i was not happy.....................and i have had enough!!

So the car has been sold to a car dealer as i cannot bare seeing it any more.

The only problem now is what i replace it with .

Rant over!!
Old 23 April 2007, 02:39 PM
klunker
Scooby Regular

Brand new Hawkeye in white, then for the three year warranty you can treat it to cosmetic mods, Then, after the warranty, you will have a 2.5 to tune up to an easy 400bhp
Old 23 April 2007, 02:46 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

You'll be back mate. I've just bought my third impreza.
Once you drive one for a few months, you realise that there is very little than can match its both pace and drivability £ for £.
Old 23 April 2007, 02:57 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
Once you drive one for a few months, you realise that there is very little than can match its both pace and drivability £ for £.
Agreed mate,i loved both of them,and as an allround car,there is nothing that beats them out of everything i have had(with the exception of economy,although even the Classic i found to be good there aswell).

There was a 330bhp Classic for sale on PH that i would have been sorely tempted by,but has been sold,so i could still end up with another once i have the cash from this one.
Old 23 April 2007, 03:03 PM
RICH S202
Scooby Regular

I say name and shame the fool that runs the so called 'Body Shop' that you took your car to.
Its amazing how people seem to think that the old ethos of "the customer is always right" doesnt exist any more, well it does. This country needs to take a leaf out of the State's customer relationship practice. It may seem a little overkill to us brits but it bloody well works.
I would probably have wiped the floor with that idiot. Ahem dont read my job description ha ha.

Rich
Old 23 April 2007, 03:34 PM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.

Very True!!
Old 23 April 2007, 04:01 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RICH S202
I say name and shame the fool that runs the so called 'Body Shop' that you took your car to.
Its amazing how people seem to think that the old ethos of "the customer is always right" doesnt exist any more, well it does. This country needs to take a leaf out of the State's customer relationship practice. It may seem a little overkill to us brits but it bloody well works.
I would probably have wiped the floor with that idiot. Ahem dont read my job description ha ha.

Rich
I have no problem naming the "bodyshop",it's Central Bodyshop in Brislington,Bristol.

When the car was hit,my insurers wanted to send the car to a Citroen bodyshop,which i refused and phoned Tiley's(main dealer in Bristol) to see who their recomended repairer's were,and they were the ones who sent me to them .

I beleive i was understandably p***ed off by the 3rd encounter,especially over such stupid things(like fingerprints under stickers),and there is no way whoever done that did not know they had done it.................the car is black and it looked like they had let the valeter put them on,as the prints were big and white(like they were covered in polish!!) .

I know i am very fussy about my cars,but i told them that when they collected it................and i also used to work in a bodyshop,but it is just not good enough when these items were glareingly obvious.

Trending Topics

Old 23 April 2007, 08:02 PM
miff13
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul2070
I have no problem naming the "bodyshop",it's Central Bodyshop in Brislington,Bristol.

When the car was hit,my insurers wanted to send the car to a Citroen bodyshop,which i refused and phoned Tiley's(main dealer in Bristol) to see who their recomended repairer's were,and they were the ones who sent me to them .
That's not the first story I've heard about them, glad I read this and reminded myself cos Tileys had got me a quote for my bodywork and I had been thinking about giving them a go. Maybe not then!
Old 23 April 2007, 08:14 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

audi s4
Old 23 April 2007, 08:57 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

lol, what you got now mate? told you that you'd be back
Old 23 April 2007, 09:18 PM
dreamer_girl
Scooby Regular

Get a new shiny Scooby that doesn't have any of the history associated with it....

I had similar issues with my old car, and ended up selling it at a massive loss and buying the Scoob for the same reasons you are talking about. For me it made sense, but it was an easy choice to replace it with the Scoob. IF you're not sure what to replace it with either get a RHD H3 (is that the small Hummer!?), a Dodge RAM or a new STi !!!