Sponsored by:

Idiots banging doors into your pride and joy

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2007, 11:13 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Idiots banging doors into your pride and joy

I've now got 5 dinks in the side of my car three of them quite bad and all obviously down to some careless twt banging his door getting out.

I'm wondering if Subarus naturally attract this behaviour as I have never had it happen so many bl**dy times with one car, "watch where you park" I hear you say, well I do, only yesterday I parked in my local Tescoes miles away from the other cars with at least 5 or 6 spaces on each side only to find some crpy old Toyota people carrier thing parked rite next to me! I checked for damage and there wasn't any this time, but why do people do it?

Rant over ...on a brighter note, has anybody got any creative ideas on an anti twt opening door device? or maybe some sort of notice to put in the window like....WATCH YOUR DOOR or you might get a baseball bat through your windscreen...or is that a bit to impolite?
Old 10 April 2007, 11:16 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car is made from Bako-Foil ........................

Subaru says it is to lighten it - which is, of course, bollox ..... thin steel is cheaper than thick steel !!!!
Old 10 April 2007, 11:20 PM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

Subaru says it is to lighten it - which is, of course, bollox ..... thin steel is cheaper than thick steel !!!!
every one a gem
Old 10 April 2007, 11:22 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Thats a good point, I guess a rubber strip would probably add too much wight too ...mid you, actually that could look rather ugly.
Old 10 April 2007, 11:22 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Simular thing when I was acutally in the Car when she was in tesco's I left her a big foot print in her door just to so there was no hard feelings

I can get in and out without dinging theirs FFS People just have no respect .

Tony
Old 10 April 2007, 11:23 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Mine has a fair few. Anyone suffering from the big green envy monster will slam their door into it.

Still I feel OK about it, as a) they will one day have a nice car that someone else will do this too, or b) they will die never having what they wanted

Forgive and forgot, nah, not today
Old 10 April 2007, 11:27 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T5NYW
Simular thing when I was acutally in the Car when she was in tesco's I left her a big foot print in her door just to so there was no hard feelings

I can get in and out without dinging theirs FFS People just have no respect .

Tony
Unfortunately not had the chance for any payback as I've never been in the car at the time
God help the person I do catch doing it .
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

5 dents on the right side, 3 on the rear door, 2 on the front. All of which require attention.....

4 on the left side, one of which had to have a repair asap....

The fact that the car is made of Aluminium foil does not help, but most people do not respect the Scooby, thanks to envy, sort of like pen1s envy but in this case Scooby envy....

Shame that the car looks like it was cluster bombed......
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
Mine has a fair few. Anyone suffering from the big green envy monster will slam their door into it.

Still I feel OK about it, as a) they will one day have a nice car that someone else will do this too, or b) they will die never having what they wanted

Forgive and forgot, nah, not today
With you on that
Old 10 April 2007, 11:28 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

All sound familiar this.

I parked on a public car park recently (unusual for me)and on my return there was a shed next to mine far to close to comfort

The owner won't do it again.

I think they do it out of jealousy.
Old 10 April 2007, 11:35 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Must be a real nightmare if you own a lambo or any other ridiculously expensive car, could believe my eyes when I saw someone park a Ferrari modena in the local Tescos car park a few weeks back, he parked it next to an old white van of all things!
Old 10 April 2007, 11:36 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Or the Bentley Continental GT between 2 old bangers and no space for a door to open......options? No, plain stupid!
Old 11 April 2007, 12:00 AM
wrxstiuk
Scooby Regular

i caught a youngster keying a clio 182 i used to have b4 scooby in toys r us car park wakefield a bit back and run up behind him and jabbed my key into the back of his neck (didnt do any damage but he squeeled loudly)

i cant relay how much pleasure it gave me!!!!!!

i often dream about sneaking up on another of these **** sucking pigf*ckers and doing the same again!

best bit about it was his mother was running the burger van in the car park & she clouted him as well!

minter!!!!!

Last edited by wrxstiuk; 11 April 2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11 April 2007, 12:04 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

friend of mine parked his BMW with the roof down in the far car park away from the store, came back to find someone had keyed it right round... the ******* part ex'd it for an 03 Ranger rover... he's 19
Old 11 April 2007, 12:08 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JPF
Thats a good point, I guess a rubber strip would probably add too much wight too ...mid you, actually that could look rather ugly.

Old 11 April 2007, 12:11 AM
wrxstiuk
Scooby Regular

Default wakey

lets face it, if u park anything in that car park better than a nova with a bake bean can exhaust your just asking for it!!!

i worked in wakey for 11 years & i know this to be true!

mind there are some pretty nice birds - i'm nobbing one from wakefield at the moment.

proper mucky

xxx
Old 11 April 2007, 12:16 AM
Britishdaddy
Scooby Regular

Default new

hey im new here and i hate people banging my car with there doors i have a my96 wrx import in red hard to touch up
Old 11 April 2007, 12:19 AM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

I've developed a new tactic.

Previously, I parked across two bays, at an angle, but the number of tuts and glares I got made me a bit concerned about someone running a key down it, so my new idea is to just park really really badly, as if you meant to get it in the bay and missed, people won't park next to you! They'll get it properly in the next bay giving you a bit more room on either side
Old 11 April 2007, 12:23 AM
wrxstiuk
Scooby Regular

Default sorry

i have found that the parent & child spaces are great!!

also if you really want to guarantee tuts & glares why not try the disabled?

actually if anyone says anything just say your picking child/disabled family member.
Old 11 April 2007, 12:34 AM
codfather
Scooby Regular

i caught some tw@t doin this red handed a few years bac to another car i owned..ended up £300 the better for the heartache! Make em pay is what i say!
Old 11 April 2007, 07:11 AM
Andy Stocker
Scooby Regular

I refuse to park next to people carriers or 4x4s, and if I get out the car and then notice a baby seat in the car next to me i'll move. Generally I will park out of the way where no one else has parked and in the middle of 2 spaces.
I don't care what anyone thinks or says as people just don't care about other peoples property & the number of people I have seen opening their doors onto other cars in car parks disgusts me .... they just don't seem to give a ****
Old 11 April 2007, 07:30 AM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine doesn't go shopping for precisely this reason, it's true that no matter how far away from the main door you park, someone will always park a heap of scrap next to you.

I'd personally like to beat ignorant f*ckers who do this kind of damage to within an inch of their lives in front of their wife and kids, although maybe that's going a bit far
Old 11 April 2007, 08:30 AM
jonoburns
Scooby Regular

i always make sure no one can park next to me but if it does happen i just get dentmaster to take the dent's out it amazing what those guy's can do and it's relatively cheap,i get charged £50 per panel
Old 11 April 2007, 08:35 AM
CasuMarzu
Scooby Regular

I parked middle of nowhere at tesco's only to find range rover had parked 2 inches away from my drivers door.

Had to get in through the passenger door..

.. anways Range Rover Mirrors seem to smash quite easily and no-doubt are expensive to replace.
Old 11 April 2007, 08:48 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Went to homebase yesterday and parked away from the door, must have been 5 spaces either side. Came back and you guessed it, someone had parked up their chavvy Impreza next to my car. Unbelieveable!
Old 11 April 2007, 09:00 AM
Andy Stocker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonoburns
i always make sure no one can park next to me but if it does happen i just get dentmaster to take the dent's out it amazing what those guy's can do and it's relatively cheap,i get charged £50 per panel
But you shouldn't have to do this is people respected other peoples property
Old 11 April 2007, 09:34 AM
craig79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy Stocker
I refuse to park next to people carriers or 4x4s, and if I get out the car and then notice a baby seat in the car next to me i'll move. Generally I will park out of the way where no one else has parked and in the middle of 2 spaces.
I don't care what anyone thinks or says as people just don't care about other peoples property & the number of people I have seen opening their doors onto other cars in car parks disgusts me .... they just don't seem to give a ****
Andy totally with you mate, the girlfriend thinks I'm
daft but we all know that the mother / father with
the kid in one hand and a bag of shopping in the other
isn't gonna give a monkey's if they rattle their door against
your car when puting the bloody kid in !!
Old 11 April 2007, 09:47 AM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

I agree, the doors are wafer thin, the bonnet on the uglier models is made from aluminium sheet which is also microns thick. This dents when a small stone hits it.

In the Audi the doors are like a bank vault safe doors, they shut with a solid reassuring - thunk - I can park anywhere safe in the knowledge that they will not dent.
Old 11 April 2007, 09:49 AM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Dont get me started on fecking door dings
Old 11 April 2007, 09:51 AM
mr_p1ssed_off
Scooby Regular

had this happen loads to my motors

Old guy banged his door into my scooby when I was sat inside at motorway services-guy said "thats what door rubbing strips are for" and fecked off inside services.
I left him with 2 flat tyres as "thats what spare tyres are for"

Another time at Tescos I was inside car waitin for turbo to cool down before turning engine off when a noob in a beemer pulls in so close to my drivers door I couldnt get out. I put down my passenger window and ask him politely to move as he was walking away but he looks at me for 2 secs then carries on walking off. So I pull out of the space and unscrew the centres out of his tyre valves and gaffa taped them to his drivers window with a note thanking him for not moving his car!

Most recently I was walking back to my car and I saw this chavvy noob with a newish bright orange focus parked next to me but sat on MY front wing chatting to 2 more chavs WTF!
Luckily there was no dent or damage to my car but his "**** you" attitude caused damage to his bonnet as his face smashed into it - while his mates just stood and watched him

There are more, but not suitable for this forum!

Mr PO

Quick Reply: Idiots banging doors into your pride and joy