Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The new Impreza is a poor mans Kia!

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2007, 06:41 AM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new Impreza is a poor mans Kia!

I`m sorry but it has to be said that the new Impreza to me looks like a poor mans Kia Ceed, it comes to something when Kia can bring out a better looking hatch.

Last edited by Borat_Drives_A_Scooby; 03 April 2007 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03 April 2007, 07:21 AM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs down

WTF!!

That looks like a cross between a Clio and a Corsa
Old 03 April 2007, 08:14 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

If that is the official new 08 WRX/STI Impreza, then I will only have one more scooby purchase left. I tend to buy 3 years old models every two years and am due a new scooby soon...
I have never been that keen on the "hawkeyes", but that new one is a hatchback monstrosity... I used to laugh at Hyundai accents with scoob bonet scoops welded on, now Subaru have copied the look
The Kia Cee'd is better looking
Devastating...
Old 03 April 2007, 08:20 AM
rasheedn
Scooby Regular

i think the kia looks damn good

better than the impreza and better than corse or clio

y do ppl assume kia r ****?? they are becoming good cars
honestly...
Old 03 April 2007, 08:57 AM
marmski
Scooby Regular

The crazy thing is... that if they were to bring the Bugeye back now (perhaps with a few modern updates) it would be massively welcomed.

This just looks awful.
Old 03 April 2007, 09:37 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
I`m sorry but it has to be said that the new Impreza to me looks like a poor mans Kia Ceed, it comes to something when Kia can bring out a better looking hatch.

Erm.........I like the new bonnet scoop....apart from that, it just looks so dull!! It's not as ugly as some of the concepts that were banded about, but it just looks cheap and Korean. Why have they suddenly gone so conservative with the styling; Rice Rockets are supposed to look tarty and outrageous; that's part of their love em' or loathe em' charm!

It'd better be blooming quick looking like that!! Subaru need to move the WRX's game ahead of the hot hatches once again. If they did that, this would make a hilarious Q car.

Come on Subaru: 270bhp for the WRX 320bhp for the Sti!

Ns04
Old 03 April 2007, 09:40 AM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I wasnt a fan of the hawkeye at first, there were a few things that didnt work for me, but it really grew on me and i bought one and now im in love!
I cant see this happening with the new one to be honest. Its lost the main appeal of an Impreza and thats road presence. Nothing about it appeals to me.
Looking on the bright side though, all the preachers of doom who said that buying a hawkeye was a bad idea because there is a new one coming and you will loose all your money, i think were wrong.
The Hawkeye is the last model in the saloon style and for this reason it will become more desirable, cheers Subaru!!
Old 03 April 2007, 09:49 AM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Erm.........I like the new bonnet scoop....apart from that, it just looks so dull!!
Put a bonnet scoop and all the other rally car goodies like a rear spoiler on that Kia and their would be no competition, to me Subaru could be treading on thin ice with this new design as its quite possible that they could lose their aggressive rally looking branding image and change to a company that is known for making cheap looking tatt overnight.
Old 03 April 2007, 10:02 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Old 03 April 2007, 10:04 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Erm.........I like the new bonnet scoop....apart from that, it just looks so dull!! It's not as ugly as some of the concepts that were banded about, but it just looks cheap and Korean. Why have they suddenly gone so conservative with the styling; 4

Possibly trying to get away from the chavs>??
Old 03 April 2007, 10:19 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
Possibly trying to get away from the chavs>??
LOL Oi, I aint no chav, blood, I like me dem spoilers and da neons, but dat don't make me no Stella drinking, benefit cheating, council estate dwelling scum!

I think they might be playing into that crowd's hands with this design: IMHO it's simply not going to sell: 2nd hand values will go through the floor and it will become accessible to the Chav brigade all the more quickly!! It may be fugly, but they'll be quite happy to 'bling' it up - in my experience they seem to prefer adding their own touches rather than staying with standard spoilers and skirts- and they'll still be getting a Scooby Turbo!!!
Old 03 April 2007, 10:45 AM
Coupe-Se
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW

Isn't that the saloon that WON'T be available in the UK accept via the import route?
Well won't be available until Subura find that their sales drop to almost zero trying to flog that dire Hatchback monstrosity.
Old 03 April 2007, 11:20 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

The blue hatch in the photos I've seen - Yuk! I don't think the colour or any of the chromey highlights do it any favours at all.

I recall the base 1.5 2 door classic model though and compare/contrast that with the WRX or STi Type-R.

I think the new "hatch" could look the absolute bolox with the right styling... The exterior "brightwork" would have to get binned or black-chromed though, emphasise the wheelarches, a hint of a rear spoiler and a set of OZ wheels later....

J.
Old 03 April 2007, 11:54 AM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Iv also heared that the UK, and maybe Europe i think?, wont get the WRX, it will be a jump from the NA engine up to the Sti. The WRX will only be a jap import!
Old 03 April 2007, 12:22 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Coupe-Se
Isn't that the saloon that WON'T be available in the UK accept via the import route?
Well won't be available until Subura find that their sales drop to almost zero trying to flog that dire Hatchback monstrosity.
That saloon defo looks OK to me, has it been confirmed that it wont be coming to the UK?
Old 03 April 2007, 12:31 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I was going to call photoshop until I saw the rest of the pics, as it just look like a old Almera with a facelift.

More pics: www.Subaru-Impreza.de - Impreza 2008

And More: http:/mitglied.lycos.de/goep_3/

The hatchback is awfully proportioned side-on, bonnet far too long as it has to house the engine slung waaay infront of the front wheels and still has to fit in a crumple zone.

KingPin

****Supplier of new and nearly new car, on finance, PCP or outright.****

Last edited by Shark Man; 03 April 2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03 April 2007, 12:33 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Saloon looks OK but has a touch too much of the Hyundai Accent to the rear.
Hatchback is a bit of a worry!
Old 03 April 2007, 12:48 PM
Coupe-Se
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
That saloon defo looks OK to me, has it been confirmed that it wont be coming to the UK?
http://mag.subiesport.com/index.php?...d=59&Itemid=41

4th paragraph down ........... 'Sedan' model exclusively for American market as they don't like hatchback's!!

A story on Pistonheads also says that there's no official saloon for UK .......... utter insanity for sales looking at the state of that Hatchback.
Old 03 April 2007, 01:18 PM
Arron
Scooby Regular

Don't you just love subaru, not five minutes after the launch of the bugeye they changed it to the blobeye, then 3 minutes later they changed to the hawkeye and now within a minute they have changed to the new whatever it will be named.

1992-2000 classic
2001-2003 bugeye
2003-2006 blobeye
2006- 2007 hawkeye
2007-???????????????

I agree the classic was due an update but 4 changes in 6 years, subaru really do no how to look after there customers.

There will be an even newer version out in six months, just like pc's.

Last edited by Arron; 03 April 2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03 April 2007, 01:24 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

1992-2000 classic
2001-2003 bugeye
2003-2006 blobeye
2006- 2007 Flying Nostral
2007- Fugly Front

Old 03 April 2007, 01:24 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

and here is how it was designed!!
http://members.iinet.com.au/%7Ecdtaylor/Combination.jpg

looks like they really went out of there way on this one

NOT!
Old 03 April 2007, 01:33 PM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Oh well cant see me driving something that looks like a Mazda 3 or a Saab 93
Old 03 April 2007, 01:39 PM
Scoobyspanners
Scooby Regular

2007/8 Crapeye !
Old 03 April 2007, 01:43 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Truely hideous... bad move on Subaru's part I think, the only people that'd buy an impreza are fans of previous models. None of which will want to be seen dead in that thing.
Old 03 April 2007, 01:55 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

Much as I have loved everyone, after seven scoobs in a row I think I was looking for an excuse to change to something else. I've never bought a scoob for comfort and safety - if I wanted that I would buy a Volvo. Subaru have now give me a good enough reason to move on after 9 good years.

A sad, sad day.
Old 03 April 2007, 02:32 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

i wonder if anyone from IM is reading these threads,they must be very worried,alot of people have been looking forward to the new model but are very unhappy with what subaru have come up with,i think the truth is they no longer value the customers that moved them away from farmers favorites.they are trying to get more mainstream which sadly for us is what will kill the impreza for most petrol heads.
i pray its like the hawkeye and will look far better when you see one on the road but some how i doubt it.
Old 03 April 2007, 03:48 PM
SivMY05Sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gtijames
i wonder if anyone from IM is reading these threads,they must be very worried,alot of people have been looking forward to the new model but are very unhappy with what subaru have come up with,i think the truth is they no longer value the customers that moved them away from farmers favorites.they are trying to get more mainstream which sadly for us is what will kill the impreza for most petrol heads.
i pray its like the hawkeye and will look far better when you see one on the road but some how i doubt it.
Exactly - IM and subaru must realise how many potential Owners are on this and other Websites - if you were releasing a new Impreza would'nt you publish the Sti ones first to wow the public - I seriously felt like gagging at that hatch ffs........
Old 03 April 2007, 04:15 PM
unfeasablylargegonads
Scooby Regular

lol, well I can certainly swear when the time comes to upgrade it will definatly not be to one of those uglyeye's shown and this is from the owner of a bugeye. EVO X anyone?
Old 03 April 2007, 04:17 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SivMY05Sti
Exactly - IM and subaru must realise how many potential Owners are on this and other Websites - if you were releasing a new Impreza would'nt you publish the Sti ones first to wow the public - I seriously felt like gagging at that hatch ffs........
To be brutally honest I wonder what market research if any Subaru actually do. I'm sure if they took a sample of owners from here they would be able to know whether they are on the right lines with their designs. I can only assume they have been asking owners of other manufacturers?? cars what they want . Ironicaly they could get a lot of feedback very cheaply and quickly by publishing design ideas on here. Other manufacturers are using the web for product research etc Or maybe they are saving the one the UK will get for later lets hope its better looking it certainly will struggle to compete with the EVO X though perhaps they are no longer trying to compete in that market.
Old 03 April 2007, 04:24 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

the saloon looks ok`ish IMO

but we wont be getting the saloon, the hatch looks very nasty

long live the classics

Quick Reply: The new Impreza is a poor mans Kia!