Sponsored by:

Whining about car tax

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2007, 12:11 AM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whining about car tax

Am I the only one on here who's fed up reading threads about car tax going up? Haven't you people heard of 'put up or shut up'? Either stop whining and DO something about it, or keep quiet and accept it.

It never ceases to amaze me how some SNers think they're driving city runabouts and seem to believe that a fast car can be cheap to run. You want cheap motoring and no surprises? Drive a 1.0 Fiesta. You want driving thrills? Own a Scoob, get used to putting your hand in your pocket and get over it.

You don't like it? Get a different car. You don't like government policies? Don't vote for them again. But don't be so naive as to think that thirsty fast cars will not be taxed to the hilt in years to come. Get used to it.
Old 24 March 2007, 12:15 AM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whining about whining! That is even better!!
Old 24 March 2007, 12:18 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Old 24 March 2007, 12:45 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

So why should ordinary people be taxed to within an inch of their lives. Most Scoob owners I have met are honest hardworking people who treat themselves to a car a they love. Just because I strive to buy something better than aToyota Prius or a poxy Fiesta why should I be hounded? Most of us are not rich and the Scoob is a treat but what is the problem. Why not tax beer and spirits for the unemployed more. Or abolish all disability cars and give them £200 month taxi vouchers. We live in a sick, overtaxed society that punishes anybody that likes nice things and works for them!!!!!!!!!
Old 24 March 2007, 12:54 AM
air.mech23
Scooby Regular

It just appeals to the barmy green army. As if the increase in car tax will actually do anything to tackle supposed 'climate change', (all a load of cra@p in my opinion anyway).

Its also a class thing with Labour. They simply dont like the fact that some people can afford big, expensive and fast cars. Fact is we arnt all equal and some will always have more than others. Thats life.

If i want to drive a big car then i will. If i could afford a 4x4 or other car with high emissions for every day of the week i would have a fleet of em!!!
Old 24 March 2007, 01:10 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Exactly mate! Lets hope Messrs Blair and Brown get the boot next election. As it stands why bother working hard. u only get punished for it. Why not go on the sick and claim your free car (no road tax and free parking ANYWHERE!) Give all disability claimants a nice free blue single seater car like they used too. I bet 10% of all cars in UK are paid for by us and why should u get an all expenses paid for car anyway. As an example I picked up a guy recently (I am a taxi driver) and he was complaining cos his disability car had to go back on the Friday and did not get his new one till the Monday. As he is an alcoholic who drinks 7 days a week the car is given to his son to get to work anyway. Mugs yes we are!!
Old 24 March 2007, 01:16 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by anthscooby01
abolish all disability cars and give them £200 month taxi vouchers.
Disability cars ,how can you say that

Get your head out of your ****

My Mother paid taxes and Ni all her life,she had to give up work through her disability.She had a Disability car for 3 years and it brought so much joy in her final years and she died at the age of 54.

£200 a month taxi vouchers,ffs wake up you plum.

Some people can't help being disabled,thats why the Government have this scheme,don't knock it you may need it one day.

What a dick you sound,get your head into the real world,
Old 24 March 2007, 01:16 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

OMG

Silent Running - expect an Infraction Point for what you have just said!! I gained one for the very same sentiments!!

Indeed, it seems strange that those who spend £700+ on a re-map moan about paying an extra few £££ on Car tax when the money goes to help the needy!
Old 24 March 2007, 01:23 AM
wayno
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
money goes to help the needy!
Bo£$&*ks

What else can we do instead of whining
Old 24 March 2007, 01:24 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
OMG

Silent Running - expect an Infraction Point for what you have just said!! I gained one for the very same sentiments!!

Indeed, it seems strange that those who spend £700+ on a re-map moan about paying an extra few £££ on Car tax when the money goes to help the needy!
No infractions from me,but Anthscooby is out of order.Original poster was on about if you cant afford to run it,don't bother,then Anthscooby decided to blast the disabled for the use of a Mobility car.

Yes Anth i have infracted you for it,as you cant think before you post.
Old 24 March 2007, 01:32 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Why not go on the sick and claim your free car (no road tax and free parking ANYWHERE!) Give all disability claimants a nice free blue single seater car like they used too.

You really have your head up your ****.

Reserch the Mobility Scheme,and you will find out that not all Mobility users get free tax.

Brain into gear before you speak springs to mind.
Old 24 March 2007, 01:36 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

So why do you need a brand new car to get around in?? I totally agree that some people need a disability car but in my job I meet so many layabouts who really need a kick up the **** rather than a brand new motor free of charge. I apologise if I upset some people but where I come from we have a sub culture of ex mine workers etc who leech off the state for their free cars etc and drink 24-7 in our local pubs. And wots wrong with taxi vouchers. Surely if u can get around why complain. Nobody deserves a FREE car!!
Old 24 March 2007, 01:41 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Me thinks the problem lies in the fact that over 2 million people qualify for disability cars. Anybody really believe that such a high percentage of the Uk need them! I am not dissing disabled people at all! Its the stupid government!
Old 24 March 2007, 01:53 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

So why do you need a brand new car to get around in?? I totally agree that some people need a disability car. And wots wrong with taxi vouchers
First of all,you will not have a choice if you end up disabled,pay taxes and Ni all your life,WHY not get something back,and it was not the Labour government that introduced this.

Secondly,my mother got a mobility car and she used the option to pay for everything,servicing,tax,tyres,repairs all out of her own pocket and at the end of the scheme it was owened by her.

3rd,Taxi vouchers,as your a taxi driver don't you think your being sillly,£200 vouchers to line your pocket.does your Taxi have Disabled Acsess?

I can see your from Sunderland,but i thought Mackems had more Sence than you.
Old 24 March 2007, 01:54 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

All gone silent?!
Old 24 March 2007, 01:57 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Nope im still here ,waiting for a decent reply from you.
Old 24 March 2007, 02:03 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Well at least Mackems can spell. Surely as long as u can get around whats the need to have a brand new car on your drive. I am not some bigot against disabled people as u make out. One day i will prob be in need of help. My point is that most disability cars in my city are used by relatives to go to work etc. The actual person who claims the car does not have the benefit of the car
Old 24 March 2007, 02:09 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

I just get annoyed at the wasters I pick up who drink 24-7 and qualify for a free new car. I work damned hard to get by and it pisses me off when they moan bout their free cars they should not be driving anyway
Old 24 March 2007, 02:14 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Well at least Mackems can spell. Surely as long as u can get around whats the need to have a brand new car on your drive. I am not some bigot against disabled people as u make out. One day i will prob be in need of help. My point is that most disability cars in my city are used by relatives to go to work etc. The actual person who claims the car does not have the benefit of the car

Are you sure?

U is spelt you.
Old 24 March 2007, 02:23 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

bout their
It Is, about

Don't start pulling me up about Spelling when you can't practice what you preach.

I may not be the best speller,but im sure im better than you.
Old 24 March 2007, 02:48 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I agree with the sentiment of the original post. Cars are expensive to run (although somewhat cheaper in real terms than 10 years ago), and I've got news for the moaners, they're going to get a whole lot more expensive in the future.
I haven't noticed anyone complaining about the 2p cut in the basic rate of tax.
This arguement boils down to the age old cry 'dont tax me, tax someone else'.
Old 24 March 2007, 02:54 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

U better than me. HOW?? LEARN TO SPELL

So why do disabled cars/drivers get need a new car every car every 3 years?? Can they not make do with the car for 5-10 years?? Why are they given brand new cars at all?? Why can they not just have second hand cars at a discount rate?? Surely if they made them car share or use the care bus scheme it would save the carbon emission and help toward the whole "Kyoto agreement". The Government want to reduce carbon emissions radically this year and are targeting public authorities to reduce their carbon emissions but surely it would make sense to reduce the number of government funded cars on the road i.e. people abusing the disability scheme and also asylum seekers
Old 24 March 2007, 03:03 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

U better than me. HOW?? LEARN TO SPELL

So why do disabled cars/drivers get need a new car every car every 3 years?? Can they not make do with the car for 5-10 years?? Why are they given brand new cars at all?? Why can they not just have second hand cars at a discount rate?? Surely if they made them car share or use the care bus scheme it would save the carbon emission and help toward the whole "Kyoto agreement". The Government want to reduce carbon emissions radically this year and are targeting public authorities to reduce their carbon emissions but surely it would make sense to reduce the number of government funded cars on the road i.e. people abusing the disability scheme and also asylum seekers
Mate have you any idea how truely bonkers your posts on this subject are? Are you really saying take away disabled peoples mobility so you can save a few quid on your road tax.....REALLY!

Come on fella, get a grip
Old 24 March 2007, 03:08 AM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Mate have you any idea how truely bonkers your posts on this subject are? Are you really saying take away disabled peoples mobility so you can save a few quid on your road tax.....REALLY!

Come on fella, get a grip
Sorry, where in my messages did I imply "take away disabled peoples mobility"? I am only questioning if it is really necessary to give them a brand new car? Surely there must be better ways of working/cost saving measures here!!!

Last edited by anthscooby01; 24 March 2007 at 03:09 AM. Reason: typo
Old 24 March 2007, 04:07 AM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by silent running
Am I the only one on here who's fed up reading threads about car tax going up? Haven't you people heard of 'put up or shut up'? Either stop whining and DO something about it, or keep quiet and accept it.

It never ceases to amaze me how some SNers think they're driving city runabouts and seem to believe that a fast car can be cheap to run. You want cheap motoring and no surprises? Drive a 1.0 Fiesta. You want driving thrills? Own a Scoob, get used to putting your hand in your pocket and get over it.

You don't like it? Get a different car. You don't like government policies? Don't vote for them again. But don't be so naive as to think that thirsty fast cars will not be taxed to the hilt in years to come. Get used to it.
Yeah - I agree. Don't know what all the fuss is about. Someone doing 15k miles per year @ 20mpg is going to pay about £2000 tax on the petrol used. So another £100 car tax this year is only 5% and £200 next year is only 10%.

Gordon B.

Last edited by tim's wrx; 24 March 2007 at 04:10 AM. Reason: typo
Old 24 March 2007, 08:28 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by silent running

So dont read them then simple, then you dont have to whine also
Old 24 March 2007, 08:56 AM
silent running
Scooby Regular

LOL yes I admit I have whined about whiners. But I still the point's a valid one. If you're surprised that a car like an Impreza turbo is expensive to run, you shouldn't be driving it. Without getting too heavily into politics, in our modern liberal capitalist society, you can do what you want as long as you can afford it and you're not breaking the law. It's just that now ownership of thirsty cars has been put a little more out of reach of a few people.

I've never even owned a new car in my life, yet I'm happy to pay the £180 a year tax, group 20 insurance, 20mpg fuell bills and shocking servicing costs on my fast but old Scooby. If I ever find I can't justify it, I will garage it and buy an old diesel as an everyday car instead.

Why is it that drivers who can afford a brand new or near new £20,000 Subaru complain about an extra £200 a year? They sound more to me like the same people who want a BMW but it's such a stretch they end up buying a 316 and have a different make of tyre on every corner.

What really WOULD be unjust and a cause for complaint would be if the idiots in government decided to crack down on '4x4s' including all four wheel drive cars. I personally think it's right that big thirsty engines are taxed more heavily, just as it's right that booze and **** are. What's the alternative? Tax smaller engines over larger ones? Derrrrr...

Last edited by silent running; 24 March 2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 24 March 2007, 09:47 AM
Moonloops
Scooby Regular

Bring in £1000 car tax - it will keep the plebs off the road..
Old 24 March 2007, 10:02 AM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

it is to bad you can't make pay to be on here to then all the idiots would have no life and couldn't post stupid things to **** people off??
Old 24 March 2007, 10:11 AM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Not wanting to disturb your bitching, you keep at it.

My opinion for what its worth is that the guy with a brand new gas guzzler will not bat a eyelid over the £400 tax but, but say a normal family that have a 3 year old 4x4 to pull a caavan etc might feel the pinch. And i havesaid it before but how come my mate pays the same tax as me for his Meriva 1.6

Quick Reply: Whining about car tax