Sponsored by:

Civic type R

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2001, 11:50 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

& if u wana talk reliability then i think the scoob has most impressive stats 4 all such tests! oh yes baby, u no u wana JD power survey who won that for years oh yes i fort so...........

[Edited by scooby_si - 12/7/2001 11:51:00 PM]
Old 07 December 2001, 08:35 PM
kiaz
Scooby Regular

Just wondering how the civic rates against a scooby.The inlaws r getting 1 in Jan and as i am getting my first scoob on tuesday I just wanted 2 hear sum of your veiws.(require sum ammo when the 'mines bigger than yours 'thingy starts!!!!)
My first scoob will be a silver late MY97
Old 07 December 2001, 09:17 PM
cpofwales
Scooby Regular

I test drove one last week and I have to say I was not impressed, it probally is a quick car but it just felt dead. Does have a slick gear change, good brakes, but very quite engine

overall, just didnt inspire me to cane it.

Ceri (98 sti)
Old 07 December 2001, 11:06 PM
Hel
Scooby Regular

Question

Saw one in B&Q the other day, and is very surprising to see a brand new car (51) that has MORE RUST on the hubs (and i mean complete layer of dusty orange rust) than the scooby. They do look nice though, big wheels, nice inside, not sure about that gearstick though??
Hel
Old 07 December 2001, 11:09 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well a type R turned up following a scoob 2 the coventry meet other day but when confronted with couple of dozen scoobs buggered off c/o wheel spin! lol
Si
Old 07 December 2001, 11:10 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Question

out of interest y u set on getting a silver AKA grey scoob if u aint bort it already? No offense just dont float my boat like?
SI
Old 07 December 2001, 11:18 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Talking

I don't think you can compare them Car to Car, only on performance.

The CTR is quicker to 100 than the 01 WRX, but put 3 in the back 1 Driver and 1 passenger it maybe a different story. Throw in some wet roads, and i would have thought the WRX would be quicker. The WRX has 4 Doors the CTR 2, so i wouldnt compare both as it is marketed i guess at two groups of buyers.

Personnally i don't like it, looks of an MPV, just don't give me the wow factor. The Gear position is spot on believe it not, but is not as race bred when selecting gears as the JDM CTR/ITR. The steering is not too my liking either, i don't get the feedback i do from my car.

The engine is fantastic and sounds really good, and a bolt on filter will give it Touring Car sounds, it handles really well and the brakes are spot on.

Overall it is the best in its price range IMHO, it has the Honda reliabilty and build quality but although quicker to 100 by 1/2 a second, i would never sell up.

On the Honda board everyone in general raves about it, but i suppose they would, quite a few ITR owners have chopped them in for them thou.

Matt - JDM CTR
Old 07 December 2001, 11:49 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Wink

laurence on here (lpitt) has one.

swapped in his rocking 98 scoob for one.

he went to bedford the other week in it.

posted a couple pics etc

check it out here.

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=57734

i'm hoping to see / go in it early in the new yr. he seems happy with it

all depends wot u looking for in a car i guess?
Old 09 December 2001, 05:23 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Sorry Scooby Si, but JD power is a rating of customer satisfaction not reliabilty. Just because Subaru owners are very satified, doesn't mean they are driving the most reliable cars. In the recent Lex reliability survey it was Honda which came top.
Old 09 December 2001, 05:47 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yes & in a recent reliability poll most subaru owners said they wood recommend em 2 a friend & all the japanese manufacturers came very high up the list so yeah baby scoobs r reliable, it's only if they're badly tampered with that it can go a bit pear shaped.
Si
Old 09 December 2001, 07:22 PM
ANDYMCC
Scooby Regular

Hi there, one tryed it on when i went to the Cov meet, i was not bothered about it and let them pass me, then some to--er with his baseball cap started to take the pee, so i got passed them on the M6 island and was not going to let him take the pee.He was not to far behind me though, maybe it was because it was a Sunday afternoon when i had to slow down for other cars.The best was when he followed me on to the carpark which had 20 other scoobys on and smoke was coming off his brakes, but he was ok.Not to keen on it though looks abit like a naf Focus, new place for the gear stick
Old 09 December 2001, 09:34 PM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Steve summed it up: It depends wot you want in a car.

I had an MY98 which had full induction mods (253BHP at PE recently) but the running costs were killing me to use it for business. The CTR is only 200BHP but lighter.

Yes I agree that the steering is odd, but get used to it and it is incredibly positive.
The handling is fantastic. I think it's going to give the Scooby drivers a run for their money at track days in the summer.
Performance is great, Ok so you have to hit the VTEC but once there it goes like a rocket. Remember this is the iVTEC engine and so has more power right across the band - how many cars do you know that can accelerate from 40 in 6th gear?
The interior, well it doesn't have the characteristic Scooby rattles and the ICE is decent as standard.
Costs: How does a £200 insurance cut and 33 average mpg sound?
Uniqueness: Ok so it looks different but I like that, it also looks the part in the flesh. Plus I saw 7 Scooby turbos today in Southampton and no other CTR's!

I totally rate both cars, both deserve to be top of their respective classes. Now that my CTR is run in a bit it's going fantastic. Doesn't have that 2,500k kick of the Scooby but there is another kick that happens around 5,500k that's nearly as good.

In fact I only have one gripes about the changeover:

1. I miss the cheery waves, flashes and nods from Scooby drivers that used to cheer me up!

Laurence
Old 09 December 2001, 10:48 PM
Andy Winskill
Scooby Regular

Saw one in B&Q the other day, and is very surprising to see a brand new car (51) that has MORE RUST on the hubs (and i mean complete layer of dusty orange rust) than the scooby.
It's a Honda characteristic Seriously, all Honda high performance models used brake discs with a high iron content - hence the rusting on the discs. My S2000 suffers really bad from this, as did my ITR before it. If it really bothers you, you can have the discs gold treated which makes them look really nice.

Washing the S2000 took my breath away the first time. Within 5 mins my discs were completely orange . Mind you the brakes are awesome on a track (once you've swapped out the crappy Dot4 brake fluid for 5.1 )
Old 10 December 2001, 08:59 AM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

I have a RB5 MY99 with around 260bhp & 275lbs of torque and I had a race with one up the link in Newbury...

****, I thought it was quick.... only just beating him up the hill

Very impressive for what they are, but got to agree on the Mini MPV look though.

I almost felt embarressed but then I hit 4th and said good bye... he was good for 90 mph.