Sponsored by:

Would I be stupid if......

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2001, 09:25 AM
Seamus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I was planning to get the Prodrive brake upgrade at the next service (currently done 11.5K yikes), I guess I'm going to get shafted with this mileage if I changed. Definitely going to book a drive though, do you use Simpsons? Thats where mine is from and where I get all my servicing etc done.
Good point with the rareness, thats definitely a consideration. Have you thought of anymore performance mods to yours? I e-mailed Simpsons asking them what else I could do performance wise (to keep warrenty intact) but haven't had a response.

Financial sense? Whats that then?

[Edited by Seamus - 12/7/2001 9:26:42 AM]
Old 07 December 2001, 08:30 AM
Seamus
Scooby Regular

Question

I changed my UK300 (PPP'd) for a new STi?
Is there any real point?

I never would have considered this, but I've seen some of the photo's on here and I'm damn tempted.

Talk me out of it, no good will come of this...
Old 07 December 2001, 08:41 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

Drive one first. I suspect the UK Sti will be a better car, esp with big brakes etc BUT The PPP'd UK300 has more torque and nearly as much power so I think performance will be similar.
Old 07 December 2001, 08:56 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Drive one as Neil suggested. Then remember that the cost to change will be alot more than you'd spend adding decent brakes and the STI suspension to your car. If you don't care about the warranty though then consider a european import STI to make a little more financial sense.
Chuck(A fine one to talk 'financial sense' with 2 scoobies sitting on the drive )
Old 07 December 2001, 08:59 AM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

Seamus, I've been having the same bad thoughts. I too own a UK300 PPP. Only done 2200 miles. Performance wise there may not be a lot in it, but the STI will offer a higher platform from which to extract evan more performance. I was planning the spring upgrade plus prodive brakes, as these items are already uprated on the STI the money saved would go towards the cost of changing. The UK300 will of course always be the rarer car. I will still go for a test drive when available.
Old 07 December 2001, 08:10 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

I use Tiley's of Bristol. Brake upgrade was planned for this month, same time as service but finance probably says no at the moment. Performance wise the only other part that been considered is a scoobysport downpipe & panel filter. Have read reports on hear of ECU near its limits with the extra boost released from the down pipe upgrade. Have you thought about AP brakes in place of the Prodrive versions? I don't think this would cause any warrenty problems.