ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Link knocks off PE from top UK spot.

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2000, 06:27 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Today at PowerStation my MY98 PE Phase 1 was knocked off the top spot by my MY00 UK Possumlink car.
Old 11 November 2000, 07:15 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Bob

It's official then, my std MY00 is the least powerful UK car in the country! This could be the start of a new kind of one-upmanship!

The MY00's must have had some sort of spec change from MY99 cars. Your thoughts are that they've done mods on the airflow meter, got any other ideas? My car almost feels that it is missing around 4-6k revs-retarding slightly or something.

Anyway I don't know how it ended up 'cause I left early but your MY00 was the most powerful at that point and has given me hope that I can do something with my MY00.

Got to be the brakes first I guess but this doesn't seem quite as much fun though Me thinks the piggy bank is going to be empty soon...

F

Old 11 November 2000, 07:22 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Angry

Forgot to mention that on the way home from PS on the A40 towards Oxford, old bill had set up a mobile speed trap in a phone box

Luckily it was on the other side of the dual carridgeway to me They had a couple of Omegas to give chase as well...

F
Old 11 November 2000, 10:25 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Floyd, I'm glad I changed my route home then whilest looking for super...

No figures on my car, it wes detting and it's a UK running a standard ECU

First job of the morning at Donno will be to change the fuel filter, then adjust the suspension and fit the slicks...if it's dry that is

[This message has been edited by Tim W (edited 11 November 2000).]
Old 12 November 2000, 10:36 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Talking

Kevin,

in my own experience the Link will enable you to run more advance. I don't understand the science as I thought the JECS would run the car at the edge (but not over the edge) of det. Certainly on my car the advance is much further ahead giving both more power and torque.

Speak to Sam Elasser, he must have the most powerful UK around, based on his Link Map.

R
Old 12 November 2000, 11:55 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Red face

Floyd,
You swine, less power and less torque, how am I supposed to match that?
Results to do sort of suggest a drop in power for the MY00 cars, I assume you will be visiting your local Scooby dealer and asking them to check the engine over. I would guess that the car should have to be within someting like 10% of book figures, can anyone confirm this?
Old 12 November 2000, 12:04 PM
Kevin Greeley
Scooby Regular

Hi Bob : Are you running standard boost or higher ? What are the figures ?

Would the link be a worthwhile mod running standard boost ?

Kevin
MY00 555 blue
Full Scoobysport system.
Old 12 November 2000, 06:19 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Robertio

I think my record will stand for some time, it's going to be hard to beat!!!

Although Tim may have a problem with his car that could challenge it

Someone told me that a chap was getting a new ECU because of a hunting problem on his MY00, only worry is that the car may come back slower! we'll wait and see....

F
Old 12 November 2000, 07:18 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Floyd/
I think my car had less power than yours before Bob Rawle fitted the Link. It was 10 mph slower on the straight at Abingdon, than a std scooby, felt like opening the door and scooting just to help it along. There are quite a lot of MY00 cars out there with the hesitation and surging problems but I think the owners just don't know it.
Worried about warrenty you can put the car back to standard in two mins.
Give Bob a ring he will sort it out even if Subaru dealers can't.

Old 13 November 2000, 06:16 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Bob.
Top spot? That depends on whose figures you use. Several UK cars have achieved higher figures than yours at various dyno's around the country.
You may say they're not all accurate figures, but after the dubious results at Powerstation on Saturday, the same can be said about yours.

Stef.

[This message has been edited by Stef (edited 13 November 2000).]
Old 13 November 2000, 07:04 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Wink

.........but everything was hunky dorey with you getting 300+lb/ft from your PPP and MY98?

Yeah right, equally beleivable
Old 13 November 2000, 08:08 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Wink

Sunil,

Old 13 November 2000, 08:27 PM
Sam Elassar
Scooby Regular

R
i know i shouldn't have shown you those data logs . i have taken some video footage from the knock hill tack day yesterday. hopefully i will be able to get it loaded on a website soon. very interesting for a UK car i have ran out of cars to overtake through the day . few of the cars on the track ( the fast ones, i bothered asking the owners afterwards ) were running a lot more boost than me ranging from 21psi sti's to 27 psi cossies

bob
although i don't really trust the PS figures. yours may be right in you are running 16.5psi although on the low side as i am running 18.1psi 224kpa on the link and i did get 279bhp and 280torque. what is interesting though is you always get more torque increase than bhp with the link ? any one knows why ?

sam
link rocks
Old 13 November 2000, 08:43 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Sunil.
I'm not saying that particular run of mine was hunky dorey, which is why I didn't initially post the results.
I'm simply pointing out to Bob that if he is using rolling road figures to claim 'top spot', there are several cars out there that would knock him off, Sam's being one so .
'Top Spot' at PS perhaps, but surely there's more to life than having the most powerful UK car on a set of rollers, or is the West Country really that boring?

Shaun.
to you as well!

Stef (Really happy that his car is the most powerful non-chipped UK car on PE's rollers AND the most powerful UK car at PTS ) .
Old 13 November 2000, 09:17 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Stef/
Most People who don’t get the figs they want don’t trust PS rollers.
I do not want to go into who’s rollers are right and who’s are wrong.
If PS rollers are wrong and your 300lbs/ft Torque is right It is obvious that I will have 350 ft/lbs Torque
My last car also ran 18psi and had 283 bhp and 276 torque at PE. At PS it only had 247 bhp and 254 Torque. The new car runs at 16.5 psi and gives 248 bhp and 252 Torque at PS given this it is logical to think the new car will give over 283 bhp at PE.
I only claim top spot until someone gets higher figs at the same RR, as you thought you were going to get just before you made the run
I thought the point of these runs was to meet others and compare our mods and the performance they give. Not to winge my car is better than that it all friggin wrong.
Old 13 November 2000, 09:38 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Bobby *** ***.
Nobody's whinging about anything. I didn't expect my car to get higher figures than yours on Saturday, and I don't care. I just expected higher figures, that's all.
Besides, surely the main point of these days is to see what power your car gets on the rollers and what gains, if any, any mods you've done have made? Meeting others is always nice, but if you just want to meet other people and compare mods you can go to any other 'normal' meet.

Stef.
Old 13 November 2000, 09:50 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Bob,

Don't want to do **** stirring myself, but I did get 265 BHP / 252 lb/ft on PS rollers. And Stef's joke aside, it is a "UK scoob"...

Not that these figures mean bugger all in real life, mind you
Old 13 November 2000, 10:01 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Yeah, you tell him Evil!
Of course they mean something in real life, that's why Bob started a whole topic about it!

Stef.
Old 13 November 2000, 10:15 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Stef/
When I say compare mods, I do mean the power the differant mods give, so as others can judge for themselves what mods are right for them. I was the same as you when I had my MY98ppp I expected higher figs but could only get the same as standard. This was the reason I had my £2000 back.
Evelbevel/
As you had higher figs than me at the same RR I for one will belive your car has more power than mine. Please send your RR printout to Paul Strong so he can put you to the top. Well done I graciously concede.
Old 13 November 2000, 10:19 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Stef/
I only started this thread of because I am a fisherman, I've hooked one line and sinker Played it and landed it.
Old 13 November 2000, 10:32 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Bob.
But catching yourself doesn't count!!!!
You can only compare the increases different mods give if the rollers are consistent.
I wonder how many other people have not bought a particular mod becasue they saw it perform badly on the rollers?
And are you saying that you got a refund on your PPP based on rolling road results alone?

Stef.
Old 13 November 2000, 11:06 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Wink

Floyd,

One little problem with the low power thing...I had 225 brake and 210lb/ft of torque when the run was aborted at 5k rpm on a trailing throttle, so I think there was a'bit' more to come
Old 14 November 2000, 11:42 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

OK, I'll bite!!

I don't think anyone else has said it! Well done, Bob and Bob!!!

Why did I talk to you in the pub??? I now have to find just under £3000 for the brakes and a Possum Link!!!! Git!!!

Old 14 November 2000, 01:51 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Tim

That doesn't make me feel better I go and hide now.

Andy

Just 3K eh! I've got to find the money for a full ScoobySport system as well....DOH!
Old 14 November 2000, 07:09 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Wink

Maybe i ought to come along to the next dyno day and shut the lot of you up?