Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who wants to meet up at network q rally?

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2000, 10:40 PM
BREEZEY
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

i am travelling down from edinburgh on the wednesday with my brother to cardiff to attend rally gb and was wondering if any other members want to meet up?is there anything been organised?we want to see all the best stages.
Old 08 November 2000, 10:46 PM
Kevin2000
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I will be comin over from Ireland to give my Impreza an International outing.
Old 08 November 2000, 10:54 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Cool

My company is making/putting up the signs directing traffic to the ss stage in Cardiff so I will be around 'working' as far as the boss is concerned! + they gave me complimentary tickets I'm up for a meet.
Old 08 November 2000, 11:02 PM
Kevin2000
Scooby Regular

Wink

I here the super special is no where near finished? You had better pull up your socks and get on it cause I dont want to go all the way over there to find out they have cancelled it.
Old 09 November 2000, 04:37 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Wink

Kev,
I was there yesterday and can confirm it is nowhere near finished. Looks like its just been started. Then again according to the programme it was finished by the end of October so maybe it was a mirage that I saw.

I'll have another nose next week and let you all know the situation.

Chip.
Old 09 November 2000, 04:42 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

I'll be there, if it's finished

Anyone else 'roughing it'? Up for a few beers in the overnight car-parks?

Chris
Old 09 November 2000, 04:46 PM
davespencer
Scooby Regular

Hi every one i will be in wales from monday 20th november stopping at an hotel if any meets are being organised please e mail me and i will provide a mobile tel no. Many Thanks Spence.
Old 09 November 2000, 07:09 PM
Kevin2000
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hey charlie,will a lot of people be staying in the cars overnight then.Hey chip,i seen pictures of the course in motoring news and it looks as if the wrc cars will need their 4wd to get around the course.
Old 09 November 2000, 08:37 PM
DIGGY
Scooby Regular

Wink

I will be "roughing" it friday night around
Rheola stages hopefully in the forest if it
is open on the friday, anyone else in the area?

mark
Old 09 November 2000, 09:08 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

With only 200,000 passes for the event I think the policy of 'get in early' is the most appropriate!

I have 'roughed it' on the RAC every year since 82 (except 85 when I was a bit busy meeting the drivers & making cups of tea in Nottingham)

Get half a boot full of tinnies, wine, whatever - and the other half full of food & cooking equipment - a back seat full of extra clothes & sleeping bags and 'come on down'.

Rheola looks promising for Friday/Saturday, maybe Resolfen/Rhonda?

Need to do some planning of 'alternative routes' to avoid the A470 etc.

Thursday/Friday: Hafren(inc. Sweet Lamb) will probably be full before noon - so it won't be worth trying after a morning stage further south. So probably Rhonda/Myherin (via Lampeter)

Sat/Sun: Brechfa for Breki then Caerdydd for tea.
Just my opinion

Chris

[This message has been edited by CharlieWhiskey (edited 10 November 2000).]
Old 09 November 2000, 09:59 PM
DIGGY
Scooby Regular

Chris,

Thought Rheola was the best best as I will have misses in tow and as this will be her first time i thought it would be more suitable considering the stage is used twice, rather than racing around from stage to stage as i have done in the past. were are you staying friday night? i was thinking the same about the A470, worse than the M25 last year!!!!Tried to get into Rhonda last year, couldn't get anywhere near it....

mark

Old 09 November 2000, 10:45 PM
Kevin2000
Scooby Regular

Question

My plan is leave ireland friday night,arive in fishgaurd bout 11pm friday night,flat out to cardif,then drive straight to rheola,arrivin there 3am ish saturday mornin,stay in car,watch 2 stages,then try and get brechfa stage on sunday mornin and then flat out to catch the ferry for sunday evening and back in ireland late sunday night.I am ordering two day passes tomorow.do u think i will still be able to get stages even if i dont get tickets?
Old 09 November 2000, 10:48 PM
DIGGY
Scooby Regular

Don't know about getting them on the gate as it were, i ordered mine from the web site arrived next day..............if you do get in meet up at some point?

mark
Old 10 November 2000, 11:18 AM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Rheola: Car Park G, comes out on the Sarn Helen Roman Road, Ok but I prefer Car park H. It is a very large area (big square) and gives a good choice of viewing. Meet in the pub on the A4109 near Glyn Neath.
Old 10 November 2000, 11:36 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Wink

Well up for a meet in Cardiff on 22nd, 23rd, or 24th. I will fit the business part of the trip around events!

Mossman
Old 10 November 2000, 11:46 AM
Snake
Scooby Regular

Best thing to do for accommodation during the rally is to come out to Walkabout in Cardiff and pull one or some of the lovely ladies.

Which I believe Mossman intends on doing anyway, with his singing and linen chat up line.

Snake.

Old 10 November 2000, 05:09 PM
silver
Scooby Regular

I am a Rally virgin so interesting to get peoples ideas and comments on getting from stage to stage plus best stage/carpark to view from.
I am going to all 4 days, I was going to do Rhondda on friday morning then to Hafren for the afternoon is this wishfull thinking or would it be best to go straight to Hafren for v.early parking? comments please.
Saturday Rheola for day then Sunday Margam Park any tips on parking and location to watch.
Old 10 November 2000, 07:27 PM
Kevin2000
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I was talkin today to helen on the ticket order line and she said there will be no more tickets sent by post and if i ordered a program she couldnt gaurentte i would get it.
Charlie: Fishgaurd to cardiff is 104 miles and I will drive pretty fast.But what I really want to know is will it be possible to see stages without tickets.Its not that I dont like paying and if they are on sale at the stage i will buy them there but the fact is i will be going to england without tickets.
Old 10 November 2000, 07:44 PM
DIGGY
Scooby Regular

Smile

Chris,

Sorry for the delay in replying, i am on nights at the moment, Meet at the pub sounds good, will probably be just in time for last orders haa haa, i will be leaving home(reading) at about 5, The square car park sounds good, i hope you know the way it would make it far easier for me.....

mark
Old 10 November 2000, 08:50 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Kev,

Think I read in Autosport that stages like Brechfa are basically already sold out, so no more tickets. Dont think you'll get in to see stages without tickets as access is easy to police as there are not that many ways into the stages. Day tickets should be on sale in Cardiff. If you want a programme mail me your address and Ill send you one.
Chip.
Old 11 November 2000, 11:56 AM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Kev, my point was that the rally stages are nearer to Swansea than Cardiff - so why go there to come back???????????

As for Stage tickets being available at the entrance? It is beginning to sound doubtful, what with the comments in Autosport. I would hope that there will be at least some available, and if you turn up the night before you should get in??????
Sorry I cant be more help on that one.

Diggy: no worries, get there when you can, don't know the exact name/position of the pub but is on the left on the main road in Glyn Neath and is only about 5 mins from the stage entrance. Any local knowledge????

Silver: If you REALLY want to go to Hafren(Sweet Lamb) make sure you get in VERY early. this is, without doubt, the most popular stage on the rally. The Sweet Lamb bowl can take about 8-10,000, but it fills up very quick and takes HOURS to get out!
Old 11 November 2000, 08:35 PM
Kevin2000
Scooby Regular

Smile

It sounds as if it going to be very dificult then Mr Chip.I wont arrive in cardif till very late fridan night/saturday morning and it will be a bit hard to get day tickets for the following days at that hour.You see my dilema.
Old 12 November 2000, 11:31 AM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Kev: So that explains why you were going to Cardiff! I think it would be a bit late!
I got my Rally Pack yesterday and some of the stages seem to have 'Spectators Pay Admission Points' on them, not sure whether these are designed for 'local' foot traffic as they do not correspond to Car Park entrances. It may be best if you clarify it with MSA?

I would hope that if you get to the stage early enough (i.e. night before) you should be able to get in. Best of luck!

Chris

[This message has been edited by CharlieWhiskey (edited 12 November 2000).]
Old 12 November 2000, 04:12 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Kev
If you want I'll try and find out where tickets are on sale in Cardiff. I will be going to Rheola on Sat morning so perhaps we could sort something out if you wish. As for buying tickets on the day that could be a problem with so many people deciding last minute to go for a look. Let me know what you want to do or if I can be of help.

Chip.. Veteran of 18 years.
Old 12 November 2000, 04:25 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Tickets are available at the following:

St Davids hall Box Office: Tel 02920 878442

City Centre Ticketline: Tel 02920 230130.

Chip..
Old 12 November 2000, 04:33 PM
Kevin2000
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I will try ringing them first thing tomorow but if the official order line cant send them across to me at this stage i doubt they will be much different.
Old 12 November 2000, 06:09 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Wink

Snake!

Nothing wrong with a good chat up line mate! As to my singing, not good at all I'm afraid.

See you there!

Jon
Old 13 November 2000, 10:34 AM
Snake
Scooby Regular

IMHO Margam is not very exciting, all the racing is over and the cars are driving at 'slow' speeds.

Sweet Lamb is the best, but as CharlieWhiskey says it is busy and best visited by bike.

Mossman, looking forward to hear your dulcet tones as you woo the lovely ladies.

Snake.

Old 13 November 2000, 03:33 PM
JDS
Scooby Regular

Wink

Some of you guys must be up for a night out in the fair old City of Cardiff on the Thursday night (23rd)

James.
Old 13 November 2000, 05:32 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Kev... Tickets available in for sale section.

chip.

Quick Reply: who wants to meet up at network q rally?