Sponsored by:

How much is this worth???

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2007, 01:13 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is this worth???

Just wondered what a UK Model 2003 STI PPP would be worth with average mileage of around 30k,also,we all know that some mods are nice to have,but i also know they are not worth any extra on a car,but is there anything that is worth paying extra for,and if so what and how much??

If an STI PPP has been remapped again by with a recognised map,i.e EcuTek and is putting out 330-340bhp should anything else have been done or is it still safe and reliable??

Cheers in advance guys
Old 12 January 2007, 01:15 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After 3 years - 50% of the new price.

So? what? £9500?
Old 12 January 2007, 01:58 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
After 3 years - 50% of the new price.

So? what? £9500?
Absolute Tosh!

Check the autotrader and pistonheads for similar vehicles. A 30k 03 PPP seems to be around £13,500-14,000.

Mods are a personal preference really. Some people will pay more for certain things, others might not touch it with those mods.
Old 12 January 2007, 02:00 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

^^^
like to see that being achieved in the current market for a private sale. Pete is a 'little' off but 14k
Old 12 January 2007, 02:08 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Got to agree - Pete's valuation is much closer - private value I would say around 11K - dealer might push you towards 13K

Mods are personal and don't tend to add huge amounts in my experience - what you value is not always seen that way by the buyer.
Old 12 January 2007, 02:36 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chris L
Got to agree - Pete's valuation is much closer - private value I would say around 11K - dealer might push you towards 13K
That's in between both, by £2,500, so equal distance apart.

I would advertise at £13k - £13,5 and take around £11,5 - 12k.

No way less than £11k.
Old 12 January 2007, 03:07 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
That's in between both, by £2,500, so equal distance apart.

I would advertise at £13k - £13,5 and take around £11,5 - 12k.

No way less than £11k.
That was my reckoning exactly mate..................there seem to be a lot advertised for around the £13.5k mark and i personnally think that a minimum of 5% off an advertised price at this level and even upto 10% on a car that is described with any flaws is fair.Over and above that i would be knocking more off if a service/mot is needed,or if wheels are curbed/bumpers scuffed etc.

I am really fussy about a cars condition,and while i except that they are used and do pick up marks etc,and not necasarily through the owners fault,i think money should be knocked off to bring them back upto scratch.

I hate to say it,but it is a buyers market,and Subaru's(along with plenty of other marques) are plentifull enough to know that there is always going to be plenty more on offer,so as a seller you have to be prepared to at least listen to genuine cash offers.

Also,as stated,there is not always a huge difference in price between a realistic dealer and an optimistic private seller,but you also get the benefit of warranties etc from the dealer.
Old 12 January 2007, 05:05 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Just thought i would get on the phone and see what my local dealer would offer for a car i am very tempted by......................it's a 2003 '03 STI PPP in Black with the Prodrive 18's,FSH and 24,000 miles(advertised for £14,250),told him all the spec etc and i was expecting a low bid,but to my relative horror,he said he would pay £10,000 for it if it was in proper condition........................i said thanks and he asked what i wanted for it,so i said 12k and he told me it booked at 11k,so on a good day if the car was mint,he may pay that.

Now,i know they are going to make money on the car,but it does put into perspective some of the prices being asked privately,as in my mind now,i really would only want to pay a maximum of 12k for that car ,which i am sure it's owner would laugh at...................until he try's getting rid of it via a garage
Old 12 January 2007, 05:24 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

I don't get too worried about valuations or what's being asked. I buy on condition, and am happy to pay over the odds if it has been well looked after.

That car would have cost well in excess of 30K when new, assuming it's a UK car and had PPP and 18's from new.

Allan
Old 12 January 2007, 06:36 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllanP
I don't get too worried about valuations or what's being asked. I buy on condition, and am happy to pay over the odds if it has been well looked after.

That car would have cost well in excess of 30K when new, assuming it's a UK car and had PPP and 18's from new.

Allan

I totally agree with you mate as far as buying on condition,and would also pay a bit more if the car is mint and i fall in love with it.Thats why i say i would pay 12k for that particular car,knowing that top book is only 11k,and dealers are bidding 1k under book for what is (to the right people)a very desirable car!!!

However,what a car (or indeed anything) cost new is not really the point, especially after nearly 4 years,it just highlights that depreciation is a killer.

I beleive wholeheartedly that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it,and when looking at others that are for sale,his price is over-inflated.

What a lot of people struggle with is that you can ask what you want for something when you want to sell it,but no-one will buy it if the price is too high for the current market........................and in the current market(possibly even more so with the recent interest rate rises),just after xmas etc it will have to be competetive to stand any chance of selling.
Old 12 January 2007, 08:37 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul2070
I totally agree with you mate as far as buying on condition,and would also pay a bit more if the car is mint and i fall in love with it.Thats why i say i would pay 12k for that particular car,knowing that top book is only 11k,and dealers are bidding 1k under book for what is (to the right people)a very desirable car!!!

However,what a car (or indeed anything) cost new is not really the point, especially after nearly 4 years,it just highlights that depreciation is a killer.

I beleive wholeheartedly that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it,and when looking at others that are for sale,his price is over-inflated.

What a lot of people struggle with is that you can ask what you want for something when you want to sell it,but no-one will buy it if the price is too high for the current market........................and in the current market(possibly even more so with the recent interest rate rises),just after xmas etc it will have to be competetive to stand any chance of selling.
Understand what your saying, however I don't think that without actually seeing the car, you can't value what it's worth to you.

Most cars that are advertised as mint rarely are, every now and then though the odd exception does crop up. To me these will always be worth that bit more.

Hope you get a good one

Allan