Sponsored by:

Attempted theft

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2007, 02:35 PM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Attempted theft

Had a attempted theft on the scoob on saturday night. I was parked on the drive and my brother had blocked me in with his FTO, I left the subaru open (stupid) as I have been tweaking the boost controller all weekend and forgot to lock it when I pulled up after meddling with the boost under the bonnet.

To cut it short at about 7pm just after diner, Mum goes outside to put something in the bin and finds a guy in a baseball cap in the drivers seat of the scoob, gives chase but he's got 3 bummers waiting in a car outside to get away.
Complete pain now as not only did he smash the plastic around the steering wheel, but half of his tool is now in the ignition barrel where he jabbed something in there and it ended up snapping off. Guy must have been as dim as can be as its immobilised and he still tried just forcing the ignition round.

The biggest mystery is that my brothers FTO had blocked me in, was locked alarmed and immobilised, so there was no way out for the scoob.
Old 08 January 2007, 02:37 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that mate.
Hope the 4 chavs crashed and suffered a painful death
Old 08 January 2007, 02:43 PM
nick_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by borat52
The biggest mystery is that my brothers FTO had blocked me in, was locked alarmed and immobilised, so there was no way out for the scoob.
Sorry to hear, lucky you mum put the rubbish out...

It amazes me the lengths people will go to to get hold of your car. They would have probably broken into your brothers car and tried to push it out the way or move it with your scooby if theyd have got it going - Bloody A-holes!!!
Old 08 January 2007, 02:53 PM
scoobian
Scooby Regular

you wanna be careful they dont come back now theyve recced it
...let the cops know too....it might prod them into being more aware of the area
Old 08 January 2007, 03:13 PM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Got onto the cops straight away as I had the reg number on their car, I've now got 2 steel bollards, and a CCTV system on the way after having this happen. What annoys me is the lengths I have to go to in order to prevent this from happening. Stupid thing is during the day I went into town and got a mate to pick me up through fear of someone breaking into my car if I left it in a public car park, and then it goes and happens on my own drive!
Old 08 January 2007, 03:14 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Dont think for one minute they would have hesitated to ram the FTO out of the way..i bought an exhaust of a guy on ere and his car was blocked by two cars and a wheelie bin and they pushed the lot into the main road with the scooby before driving off in it
Old 08 January 2007, 04:19 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Scum but glad to hear is tool was stuck in the ignition barrel what will they use next
Old 08 January 2007, 04:31 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick_wrx
They would have probably broken into your brothers car and tried to push it out the way or move it with your scooby if theyd have got it going - Bloody A-holes!!!
or cut the handbrake cable?!

Scumbags!! Everytime i read a thread like this, i think about the security device advertised on Robocop. Fry the fkers!!
Old 08 January 2007, 04:33 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Have you got a disklock?
Old 08 January 2007, 04:34 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

.....Mum goes outside and finds a guy in drivers seat of the scoob, gives chase.....
Do not mess with borat52's mother!
Old 08 January 2007, 09:11 PM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Do not mess with borat52's mother!
She does have her moments

No Disklock, but a good kick up the behind for me to get more security savvy.
Old 08 January 2007, 10:41 PM
AVZ
Scooby Regular

Had a attempted theft on the scoob on saturday night. I was parked on the drive and my brother had blocked me in with his FTO, I left the subaru open (stupid) as I have been tweaking the boost controller all weekend and forgot to lock it when I pulled up after meddling with the boost under the bonnet.

To cut it short at about 7pm just after diner, Mum goes outside to put something in the bin and finds a guy in a baseball cap in the drivers seat of the scoob, gives chase but he's got 3 bummers waiting in a car outside to get away.
Complete pain now as not only did he smash the plastic around the steering wheel, but half of his tool is now in the ignition barrel where he jabbed something in there and it ended up snapping off. Guy must have been as dim as can be as its immobilised and he still tried just forcing the ignition round.

Where abouts are you matey... they may be doing the rounds and this could be a good heads up to others in your area. Sorry to hear about your luck though matey.
Old 08 January 2007, 11:43 PM
noobscoob
Scooby Regular

Name and shame . get the numberplate of the offenders car up. is there no way of finding out info on the net of addresses through registration or owners names? surely then an electoral role can narrow the name down to that person in the local area.

if i had someones registration and means of finding out who the tea leafs were id be going down to rearrange their teeth with a lump hammer while dressed like the milk tray man.

obviously the car they used could have been stolen but judging by his chuckle brother talents at robbing a car it wouldn't suprise me if the **** couldn't do a succesful TWOC even armed with a full set of keys,alarm fob and clear driveway. hope the police have a result with that mate.