Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on buying from non-franchised dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2006, 11:52 PM
ledgie
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on buying from non-franchised dealer.

I'm planning on buying a used Impreza 2.0 GX Wagon and I have a budget of around £7.5-£8k. I would prefer to buy from a Subaru dealer because of the 1 year warranty given with their approved used cars but the car I really want is for sale in a non-franchised dealer. The non-franchised dealer sells cars with 3 months warranty but I could extend this to 1 year using Warranties Direct (Warranty Direct :: The UK's leading direct personal warranty supplier. Providing used car warranties, new car warranties, and household protection for your TV, washing machine and other products.) - has anyone had any experiences of this service?

I guess you get more car for your money at a non-franchised dealer but does anyone have any advise for buying from these sort of dealers? Should I look to have a independent inspection carried out before buying or is that overkill when not buying privately? Also, when it comes to haggling does anyone have any advice that would help me out? What are the service intervals for a 2003 2.0GX Wagon? The car has done 30,000 miles so I'd want to check that the services are up-to-date.

Last edited by ledgie; 20 December 2006 at 07:55 AM.