Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had the Forester remapped on Saturday !

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2006, 09:29 AM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had the Forester remapped on Saturday !

Took a visit to see Bob Rawle at the weekend, only minor changes to the car power wise since the original Powerstation map, basically a turbo inlet hose and the FSti Intercooler.

Mapping on the road was great fun and I can thoroughly recommend his services, he did a super job and really took the time to ensure he was getting the best from the car. Many thanks again Bob !

Anyways - took it back to Surrey Rollling Rd this evening for a quick power run to compare and the results and she dyno’d at 341/378 (270 at the wheels) which was up from the previous best on those rollers of 309/342 so I’m pretty chuffed with that tbh..

Boost was peaking at 1.35 at 3200 and the AFR looked much better tailing off to 11.5 at the top end..

The boost tails off quite quickly after about 5200 rpm which will be the VF39 peaking…

The big difference though seems to be in the mid range torque curve where the new map is showing an extra 40lbs from 3500 all through to 5000 rpm – probably why I feel the car is so much more driveable and smooth ?

Anyways I’m really pleased with the results, in particular the way it drives so easily – no more power mods for me I think as I don’t want to get into chasing numbers for the sake of it !

Cheers
Pete

Last edited by Bartop; 22 November 2006 at 10:21 AM.
Old 22 November 2006, 09:35 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Bartop
Took a visit to see Bob Rawle at the weekend, only minor changes to the car power wise since the original Powerstation map, basically a turbo inlet hose and the FSti Intercooler.

Mapping on the road was great fun and I can thoroughly recommend his services, he did a super job and really took the time to ensure he was getting the best from the car. Mant thanks again Bob !

Anyways - took it back to Surrey Rollling Rd this evening for a quick power run to compare and the results and she dyno’d at 341/378 (270 at the wheels) which was up from the previous best on those rollers of 309/342 so I’m pretty chuffed with that tbh.. http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...s/Banane17.gif

Boost was peaking at 1.35 at 3200 and the AFR looked much better tailing off to 11.5 at the top end..

The boost tails off quite quickly after about 5200 rpm which will be the VF39 peaking…

The big difference though seems to be in the mid range torque curve where the new map is showing an extra 40lbs from 3500 all through to 5000 rpm – probably why I feel the car is so much more driveable and smooth ?

Anyways I’m really pleased with the results, in particular the way it drives so easily – no more power mods for me I think as I don’t want to get into chasing numbers for the sake of it !

Cheers
Pete
That's a nice result mate!! That'll be surprising a few things on the raod I suspect!

PS Bob mapped my car too; very, very happy with it!

Ns04
Old 22 November 2006, 09:42 AM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bartop
Anyways I’m really pleased with the results, in particular the way it drives so easily – no more power mods for me I think as I don’t want to get into chasing numbers for the sake of it!
We all say that!

Nice results mate
Old 22 November 2006, 12:17 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

So it was you that made Bob two hours late mapping mine Pete

He did comment that on the road it was an excellent car to map although briefly explained some of the issues you had had beforehand.

Just managed to get mine finished before daylight went completely. Felt a bit sorry for the guy in the Type R that followed me though.

Great results. Sounded spot on as well mate. If I'd have known it was you I'd have popped over and said hello.
Old 22 November 2006, 12:23 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RLE
So it was you that made Bob two hours late mapping mine Pete

He did comment that on the road it was an excellent car to map although briefly explained some of the issues you had had beforehand.

Just managed to get mine finished before daylight went completely. Felt a bit sorry for the guy in the Type R that followed me though.

Great results. Sounded spot on as well mate. If I'd have known it was you I'd have popped over and said hello.
Cool
Yeah - sorry about that mate, I did feel a bit guilty ! We heard you coming around the corner about 2 minutes before you arrived What mods have you got on it ?

I'm glad I got an early appointment - wouldn't have enjoyed it quite so much hurtling down the dual carriage way trying to hold 1 bar in 3rd in the dark, scared myself enough as it was !

How did you get on with yours - any idea of the numbers ?
Old 22 November 2006, 06:12 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

18G turbo; 3" exhaust; ported headers and a few other bits.

Thought my Revolution system sounded fairly quiet in comparison to yours Pete. I wonder what Bobs neighbours think of him having these cars come around their nice estate

Addition of the 3 port and 80 mm RCM induction appears to have made a significant difference to the mid range punch which is pretty brutal now and the car continues to pull right to the redline.

Very happy indeed. Not been on the rollers since but Delta Dash readings show some fairly decent figures.

Dont feel too guilty. I had a nice Carvery around the corner in the warmth
Old 22 November 2006, 09:13 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Cool

[QUOTE=Bartop]Took a visit to see Bob Rawle at the weekend, only minor changes to the car power wise since the original Powerstation map, basically a turbo inlet hose and the FSti Intercooler.

QUOTE]

What sort of £ does he charge ?
Old 22 November 2006, 10:12 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

sent you a PM Jods