Sponsored by:

Fuel Consumption

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2006, 01:29 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Consumption

Just interested for comparisons really, what kind of figures do you guys return, with what kind of driving and what year/spec of car?

WRX
WRX PPP
STi
STi PPP
etc etc
Old 06 November 2006, 01:51 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

MY98 UK Turbo 2000 - TD04 Turbo standard everything..

28mpg approx - mixed motorway and urban driving.
Old 06 November 2006, 02:45 PM
VJ_STi
Scooby Regular

STi 8 - Tek3 (320bhp)

mainly motorway = 23 mpg
Old 06 November 2006, 03:11 PM
Mangel
Scooby Regular

Its crap, lets not depress ourselves by discussing it any further!!!
Old 06 November 2006, 03:14 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

lol! Not really, I only get 24.5 mpg out of mine (1.8 supercharged but might aswell be N/A because its slow as ****)

Just interested for my next car, I've left a bit of leway in my monthly budget for the change in MPG but want to try and get a rough estimate on the % difference in fuel consumption
Old 06 November 2006, 03:29 PM
MSM
Scooby Regular

220 miles on a full tank of v-power - myo3 sti ppp
got my invite to the shell xmas party today!
Old 06 November 2006, 03:38 PM
ady4526
Scooby Regular

2001 Bug WRX- Standard spec

Average 27 mpg
Approx 320 miles to a tank

only joking I still love my bug
Old 06 November 2006, 03:54 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

O3 WRX Wagon , remap and part decat, 27 mpg on BP or Tesco and 29 or even 30 mpg on Shell Vpower country driving ,not a lot of stop start

Dave
Old 06 November 2006, 04:02 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

If you have to worry about the mpg dont buy one, they are greedy ......
Old 06 November 2006, 04:06 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

01 Bug WRX, Ecutek, partial decat. 23mpg around town ,
but then my right foot has increased in weight since the car was remapped .

I don't wanna talk about it anymore !!
Old 06 November 2006, 04:09 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

lol I'm not being a dick here bit of a silly comment that... its not a case of "worrying" about it but there's a bit of a difference in a car returning 10mpg and one returning 20mpg, its nice to weigh up the options beforehand rather than paying double the fuel bill you expected. althought these figures are exagerated its shows you the principal, 20 mpg at average mileage is £2k per year, 10 mpg would be £4k per year, I'd like to know how much I'm pissing up the wall in order to budget

Last edited by Tilly; 06 November 2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06 November 2006, 04:13 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Thought you had more money than you knew what to do with Tilly ?!
Old 06 November 2006, 04:14 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

what on earth gave you that idea... I have a monthly budget to work to like anyone else...

I have £620 a month and 6k saved (currently, hopefully more by April but only time will tell in my job) to cover fuel, insurance and monthlies

But andy, dont take this the wrong way if you didnt mean it like that but I seem to detect an awful amount of sarcasm that you're not convinced with what I say and you think I'm a bull****ter because of my age etc which is fair enough and to be honest I wouldn't blame you because most of my mates are full of **** and dreaming but I will happily welcome anyone local to me (blackburn/preston area) to meet up with me and have a chat and see my current car if they're not convinced what most people fail to realise is I work in car sales and finance, meaning I have the upper hand on both new car discounts and low finance rates

Last edited by Tilly; 06 November 2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06 November 2006, 04:22 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

Broken Down I have the figures as follows:

STi Type uk - £350 a month (three payment deposit two of which paid from my savings)
Insurance for the first (and worst!) year - £2750 paid outright from my sales commission £6k

After this, out of the 6k will leave me £2550.00 and a monthly budget of £280 for fuel, I currently spend about £200 a month in the merc returning on average 24.5 mpg. Worst comes to worst I have to delve into the remaining 2.5k for juice but I'd like not to
Old 06 November 2006, 04:49 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

OK put it this way ...........If you drive everywhere at 56mpg you will get around 30mpg out of an STi with ppp ........If you drive it with a heavy right foot you will get 15-20mpg. If you need 30mpg buy something else, if you dont mind 15mpg buy the scoob.
Old 06 November 2006, 04:59 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

Well the PPP is out of the window for insurance reasons at least for the first year so not too worried about that and I'd be happy without it to be honest. Either way a WRX is definite because with the reduced monthly costs of the car itself it frees up an extra £50/60 a month for juice so no issues there, but obviously the STi is a want but would like reason to merit it situation as all the costs are increased, dearer car, higher fuel consumption but wow... waht a beautiful car. I'm not expecting great fuel returns, I was hoping for between the 20-23 mpg mark on average driving and if I have a heavy right foot well thats just on my own head just as long as I can conserve petrol driving lightly if needs be. To be honest it cant be much worse than my current car because its got to be kept revving to go anywhere if I'm pushing it on the twisties, I've had that down to 16.1mpg (average over the journey) so at some points it will have been down around the 10mpg point (doesnt help that its got a semi auto box in it)
Old 06 November 2006, 05:07 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tilly
what on earth gave you that idea... I have a monthly budget to work to like anyone else...

I have £620 a month and 6k saved (currently, hopefully more by April but only time will tell in my job) to cover fuel, insurance and monthlies

But andy, dont take this the wrong way if you didnt mean it like that but I seem to detect an awful amount of sarcasm that you're not convinced with what I say and you think I'm a bull****ter because of my age etc which is fair enough and to be honest I wouldn't blame you because most of my mates are full of **** and dreaming but I will happily welcome anyone local to me (blackburn/preston area) to meet up with me and have a chat and see my current car if they're not convinced what most people fail to realise is I work in car sales and finance, meaning I have the upper hand on both new car discounts and low finance rates
Tilly,

Nope, didn't think you were a bull****ter. Just a young lad that likes his motors, as I was, until i became a thirtysomething that likes his motors !

Good luck to you and stay safe.You seem to be pretty level headed for your years.

And yep, I can be a sarcastic "B" at times !
Old 06 November 2006, 05:16 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

lol no offence meant in what I said fella its just some people can be right ***** with my age. I understand its hard for some people to take in but I've landed myself a good job at a young age and I've been sucessful in my sales plus my job role itself makes things a hell of a lot easier as I have complete control and understanding upon everything involved start to finish with the various finance options etc. I felt like telling the dealer to f*ck right off good and proper yesterday he didn't say anything offhand so I couldn't really fault him but you could just tell what was going through his mind as he was looking at me thinking "what are you doing in here" and didn't want to spend any time showing me round or helping out AT ALL even though there was only one other person in the showroom who someone had just finished talking to, that was in Rochdale and to be honest it didn't feel like much of a dealership anyway, I was surprised to say the least when I saw the place but nevermind eh, one sale he won't be getting
Old 07 November 2006, 09:15 PM
m3 eater
Scooby Regular

my sti ppp with re map runnin 330bhp will not do anymore than 185 miles 2 a tank of v power but fu-- me its fun you need deep pockets to run these everyday.but ill not swap it well maybe 4 that type 25 rocket ship if i win the lottery .
Old 07 November 2006, 09:17 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

My T25 will usually give me 250 - 280 miles for £50, I'm surprised by how poor the MPG some get are
Old 07 November 2006, 09:19 PM
tay05
Scooby Regular

93 wrx JDM import with Andy F remap - 22mpg average
Smiles per miles
Old 07 November 2006, 09:42 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

STI 8 PPP, never checked mpg. All i know is i put 30 quid in every week and a half or two and that does me.
Don't care what i get as it could be depressing.
Nik.
Old 07 November 2006, 09:43 PM
Knighty99
Scooby Regular

I've got a 95 wrx with full de cat, air filter and a frontmount intercooler
But i only get 170 miles to a tank of petrol!
Booked my car into the Scooby Clinic to get a remap to hopefuly sort it out
Old 07 November 2006, 10:19 PM
wakko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tilly

I'll meet up with ya Tilly, I'm in Blackburn and looking to get my first Scooby in the not to distant future. Currently got a LCR and it'll be good to chat to a fellow Scooby/Car nut.
Old 07 November 2006, 10:22 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Fuel Consumption
A week goes by so quickly in SN general, dunnit?
Old 07 November 2006, 10:29 PM
Turtle
Scooby Regular

I've just finished my first tank of V power (MY05 WRX PPP),18.7 MPG. I was hoping for early 20's as I wasn't flat out all the time.
Old 08 November 2006, 01:48 AM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Wink

I recently averaged around 22 mpg mixed driving travelling to a busy city centre every week sitting in traffic quite bad. The worst mpg I have seen was around 15 mpg when first got the car the best was around 28 mpg on a run.At the moment I seem to be getting better mpg with shell v power but have just changed to a ppp ecu which is getting hammered and returning 19 mpg mixed driving which is not good but not bad for the performance Not too sure with the mpg and the ppp ecu on a normal weekly run at the moment but unless you do an awfull lot of miles I cant say you would put as much as £50 a week in an Impreza as you do your Merc. I average around 100-120 miles-£20-£25 in bad traffic plus having some fun Hope this helps to your Impreza ownership
Old 08 November 2006, 02:00 AM
agent003
Scooby Regular

I only wish it had a bigger fuel tank
Old 08 November 2006, 08:24 AM
D1CCY
Scooby Regular

03STI driven normally ie not ragging it.

Originally Standard 22mpg
Then PPP'd 23 mpg
Finally Scoobyclinic remap to 328 bhp 26mpg

All on Optimax/V-Power. Interesting how it improves with performance increases.

Ragging it causes nasty slurping noises from the back of the car and I'm sure single figures are possible.
Old 08 November 2006, 08:53 AM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GREEN SCOOBY
I cant say you would put as much as £50 a week in an Impreza as you do your Merc. I average around 100-120 miles-£20-£25 in bad traffic plus having some fun Hope this helps to your Impreza ownership
Well if that was the case I'd be very happy. At the moment I've got an 11.5 mile drive to work each way (80% B roads so fuel goes walkies) plus a few miles going to mates or whatever so working days it totals up to around the 150 miles a week mark then at weekends probably the same again, ocassionally more but more motorway driving so call it 300 a week of mixed driving.

Well I've been playing about with figures and getting my head round it and the STi is doable. I'll have £295 a month for fuel (worst case scenario) which is enough to get by comfortably but 95% of the time I'm well into sales commission but obviously if it isn't guarantee'd I don't want to spend it before I've earnt it! Cant wait