Sponsored by:

Police and me.. not a rant

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2006, 09:31 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Police and me.. not a rant

24 years old, been driving an impreza for 2 years, 1 year in a sport and 1 in my current turbo.

I drive the car hard and fast when safe and am one of those people you get caught behind doing 20 outside a school.

In all fairness I've driven faster than I should at some point, who doesnt in a Scooby... but touch wood to date no fines or problems with the law. Never been stopped or annoyed. Fantastic. Only even had one copper say my car was and I quote "****ing lovely"

Bought a Scooter for price saving and on my first and I mean first trip out I got pulled for dangerous driving!!

he didnt fine me cause I argued.. politly that I felt safe crossing the junction... he disagree.

My point is I am now the laughing stock of the work place but still respect the law.

Very rare on SN you get comments praising the police but so far they've been good to me.
Old 21 October 2006, 11:36 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

touch wood, only time I have been stopped when I changed my plate, and the insurance hadnt updated the info.
Old 21 October 2006, 12:06 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was stopped when I was 19 for racing in Edinburgh city centre. At the time I had my bright yellow Vauxhall Chevette with a 12 inch wide grinning "Garfield the Cat" sticker on the passenger door.

As I sat at a set of lights another young lad in a Chevette pulled up. We glanced at each other and I buried the throttle as the lights changed to green , unleashing the mighty 56 bhp I had at my disposal !

I mananged to outdrag him (my car had no wheel trims - lighter ?!), but as we stopped at the next set of lights a bloke in a suit got out of a third car and told me to "Get out of the vehicle". Naturally I told him to "F@ck right off !", only to have a Police warrant card flashed at me by an angry plainclothes detective !

Fortunately got away with a telling off - officer on his own, Scot's Law.

Ah, those were the days !

Andy

PS Probably as well that I didn't have the Scoob in those days !!

Last edited by andythejock01wrx; 21 October 2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 21 October 2006, 12:17 PM
Criss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Was stopped when I was 19 for racing in Edinburgh city centre. At the time I had my bright yellow Vauxhall Chevette with a 12 inch wide grinning "Garfield the Cat" sticker on the passenger door.

As I sat at a set of lights another young lad in a Chevette pulled up. We glanced at each other and I buried the throttle as the lights changed to green , unleashing the mighty 56 bhp I had at my disposal !

I mananged to outdrag him (my car had no wheel trims - lighter ?!), but as we stopped at the next set of lights a bloke in a suit got out of his car and told me to "Get out of the vehicle". Naturally i told him to "F@ck right off !", only to have a Police warrant card flashed at me by an angry plainclothes detective !

Fortunately got away with a telling off - officer on his own, Scot's Law.

Ah, those were the days !

Andy

PS Probably as well that I didn't have the Scoob in those days !!
No wheel trims = lighter Less drag too
Old 21 October 2006, 12:59 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

he was just annoyed at loosing the drag!
Old 21 October 2006, 02:21 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by B9GLY
he was just annoyed at loosing the drag!
Loosing?