Sponsored by:

STI PPP v VX220

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2006, 07:15 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI PPP v VX220

Had a little ding dong with a VX and was quite pleased with the scoobs performance. It was a pure straight line test (quiet dual carriageway) him in front me behind. Given he was always first to hit the throttle i had no problems closing him in.
For a 4 door saloon against a fly weight rocket the saloon did itself proud.
This was a relief to me as on some occasions i wondered whether or not the PPP was worth it.
Only downside is i bet his mpg was a lot better than mine
Nik.
ps. Please no posts telling me stuff like that is for the track.
Old 20 October 2006, 07:48 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Stick to the track mate !

PS Well done !
Old 20 October 2006, 09:03 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

I had a similar experiance in my STI PPP with a Noble last week,Not sure which model it was, but was 54 reg, Was expecting to be humbled but was pleasntly supprised!(he was quicker, but not as much as I would have expected!) I was shocked at how much the back end of the Noble seemed to hop about! We exchanged waves as we went our seperate ways!
Old 20 October 2006, 09:18 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Likewise.
We both used our blast as a test, however I think i may have come away a little happier than he did.
Only reason i went for it was because he pulled alongside and dropped a cog then nailed it, just had to follow out of curioustiy.
We had a nod then went our own way.
Nik

Originally Posted by N*UFO
I had a similar experiance in my STI PPP with a Noble last week,Not sure which model it was, but was 54 reg, Was expecting to be humbled but was pleasntly supprised!(he was quicker, but not as much as I would have expected!) I was shocked at how much the back end of the Noble seemed to hop about! We exchanged waves as we went our seperate ways!
Old 20 October 2006, 09:19 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

the VX220 is the turbo version? or the NA with 140bhp? If turbo then that's a good kill.

IMO you have to be packing BHP to show up a big difference in acceleration

ie a 200bhp car is not necessarily twice as fast as a 100bhp car of the same weight and the diff between 100 and 200 bhp is a lot more pronounced than the diff between 200 and 300

A case in point is that I had a play with a standard UK turbo in my New Age WRX which pushes out approx 320, the difference was big yes, but it took me a bit more effort to create the gap than I thought it would.
Old 20 October 2006, 11:15 PM
donny_daz
Scooby Regular

My last car was a na standard 2.2 vx220 and my also standard 52 plate wrx would do it in a straight line, its when it comes to the corners it all changes ! ! !
Old 21 October 2006, 12:50 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny_daz
My last car was a na standard 2.2 vx220 and my also standard 52 plate wrx would do it in a straight line, its when it comes to the corners it all changes ! ! !
Does that mean you're pissed off at your change of car ?

Does the Scoob's 4wd not help it hang on in the bends ?
Old 21 October 2006, 10:06 AM
JonesyWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went for a week's tour of europe with a mate - him in a VX220 T - me in my standard WRX - on the dual carriageway / autoroutes etc belive it or not, theres very little between the two in terms of in gear acceleration, plus over 3 figure speeds the wrx may just have an edge (certainly over any length of time - ever tried driving a VX at high speed for more than 10 mins - very tiring!)

On the twisties though it's another story.