Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the safest way to pay some one from e-bay withought a pay pal account?

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2006, 08:00 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question whats the safest way to pay some one from e-bay withought a pay pal account?

Hi all. Just purchased an ecu from e-bay today but the seller has no pay pal account and only has a score rating of 3 as he is new to selling on there. He does though have a 100% record so far. Is there any safe way to purchase this and have some come back if it goes tots up? Not that I am saying he is dodgy or anything, just me being cautious as usuall.
Old 10 October 2006, 08:06 PM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

paypal is far from fool proof anyway,but postal orders have some comeback all be it limited
Old 10 October 2006, 08:11 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

paypal is far from fool proof anyway,but postal orders have some comeback all be it limited

What sort of come back do they have and they also take a while to process dont they? I would do cash on delivery but the distance to get it would cost afortune.
Old 10 October 2006, 08:24 PM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

postal orders are as good as cash if un crossed(goods can be released right away) plus if you mail the postal orders first class recored your fully covered every angle....tell you what i'd rather deal with royal mail than paypal any day in the event something went pear shaped,have a look at PayPalSucks.com is where you will learn about the PayPal Class Action Lawsuit, Abuse, Fraud & evil behind the PayPal system! for a few horror stories

but at the end of the day you should not have bid on an item if you have these worries as to the sellers honesty
Old 10 October 2006, 09:21 PM
anthscooby01
Scooby Regular

would not deal with Paypal ever again. They froze my account which had £130 in it due to 'suspicious activity' (not a clue what this means, what is suspicious about selling unwanted I.C.E. and cds is beyond me!!) Now they have permanently locked account with MY money in it. Use Postal Orders. Much safer and avoids conning Paypal
Old 10 October 2006, 09:49 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replys everyone

but at the end of the day you should not have bid on an item if you have these worries as to the sellers honesty

know what you mean, just covering every angle as I thought I was paying by pay pal but the seller told me later he did not have an account, its always been cash in hand which is fine. I am not having a go at the seller in any way mind just thought I would ask some of the bbs boys before hand
Old 10 October 2006, 11:12 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK I'm old but I usually pay by cheque and it has to go to an address and an account that my Bank can find if pushed !!

Not foolproof by any means but the Victor Meldrew approach LOL

Shaun